Old 07-01-2009, 03:15 PM   #1  

Red face Do overs! Want to do this alone without all the $$ out of pocket?

I did this last summer and was successful, but did not stay focused for many reasons and gained it all back. I would like to start this again, but it costs so much $$$. I can't afford it, but I cannot afford to gain anymore weight either. If you are interested in doing this without the cost, we could help each other out...How about it out there???? We can get product elsewhere, no start up fees and keep each other accountable...
Gsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 179/170/145

Height: 5'7"

Red face Hello

Hi, I too do no have the money to join but I do have most of the menu plans. Are you still trying/wanting to do this on your own? If so, I'd LOVE to try to do this with you. I've never done MRC before so this is my first time. I really wished I could afford to pay the fees but I simply cannot right now. I have several different menu's here labeled "Meta-Slim Days 1-4" "Meta-Slim Days 5-10" " "Meta-Slim Three Meal Plan" "Meta-Slim Plus Three Meal Plan" and the "Meta-Balance Plan." Can you tell me the differences between the Meta-Slim and the Meta-Slim Pus? Also, after day 11 on the Meta-Slim plan do you know what plan I go on to after? I have a ton of questions and have tried to sort through some of these blogs but there are just too many of them and not enough time in the day.

Hope to hear back from you!!!
Mistyice26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:38 PM   #3  

Default Ambivalent!

I may jump in with you. I have never done this before, went to the free consultation and was shocked at the price and that was before they pushed any supplements! I have a friend from work who did the program. She is willing to share menus and will buy any supplements that I need from MRC for me. She also recommended a web site to purchase supplements that are less expensive.
Part of me is afraid to go it alone, paying the money just might keep me committed you know?
lizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:07 PM   #4  

Default still interested?

GS mom, I started the program today. Bought my drinks and supplements and am motivated! Still want a buddy?
Old 10-25-2009, 10:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 271/240/150

Height: 5'5"

Lizzie, I will do this with you if you are interested. I was on the program last year and did very well (lost 30 lbs). I stopped going to program when some issues in my life caused me to put them first instead of myself. I want to get back on program but like Gsmom said, I dont want to pay the money. I have all of the necessary products, I just want a buddy to do this with so let me know if you are interested.
BuckeyeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:45 AM   #6  
Katie

S/C/G: 205/198/150

Height: 5 Ft. 4 In

GSMOM/Mistyice06/lizzie/BuckeyeGirl -

I started Metabolic last August and lost about 35 lbs by Thanksgiving....well the Holidays got me completely off track and needless to say I gained all of my weight back and then some. I believe in this diet (lifestyle) and it really works! I just need to learn control!! Also, I never made it to stabilization before, which was part of my problem. I am doing the diet on my own now too and would love the support of this group! I have some supplements left over, but have a website that I order the protein drinks/supplements from. I was wondering though how how to find the equivalent of MRC-6/Cortitrim once I run out. Any thoughts? I am pretty sure you can buy the Hoodia at any drugstore/Walmart/GNC.

Do any of you have the maintenance/stabilization menu that you could share? I was curious as to how that works. I have only the yellow, blue and green.
kclewis5606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:12 PM   #7  

Default I am on my way.....

I started the program 2 weeks ago Monday. I have a couple friends who did MRC and between them and this awesome forum I figured out the program. I have lost 7 lbs but have remained the same for 4 days now. I guess I have reached that first plateau everyone talks about. Up to now I have only taken omegas and multivitamins. I would like to lose 15, 20 would be even better. I am game to support/vent/celebrate whatever with you. That's my story!:
Old 10-29-2009, 12:16 PM   #8  
Katie

S/C/G: 205/198/150

Height: 5 Ft. 4 In

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
I started the program 2 weeks ago Monday. I have a couple friends who did MRC and between them and this awesome forum I figured out the program. I have lost 7 lbs but have remained the same for 4 days now. I guess I have reached that first plateau everyone talks about. Up to now I have only taken omegas and multivitamins. I would like to lose 15, 20 would be even better. I am game to support/vent/celebrate whatever with you. That's my story!:
That's great lizzie! This is a program that is pretty easy to do on your own and through support of this board. I found my support here to be better than that that I got from the center. I mainly needed the center to order supplements, but now I am figuring out other sources to use! I love diet direct and I am usually always able to find a coupon code to use for extra discounts.
kclewis5606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 12:18 AM   #9  

Hi there,

I, too, would love to join and help each other out. Can anyone help me get started?

Thanks a bunch!

Jay
SDGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:37 AM   #10  

Red face I'd like to join...

I have many of the menu's if anyone needs them. The only thing I don't think I have is stabilization and maintenance. Does anyone have these? I tried MRC on my own after a co-worker of mine had great results with going to the centers. In the first 2 weeks I lost 8 lbs. and I was not COMPLETELY on plan the whole time. Sometimes I would sneak in a small handful of chocolate chips :P. Maybe if I had stayed more O.P. I would have lost even more but I am happy with what I lost. Needless to say I started back to school, moved into a new house, and had many MANY September birthday's to get through and I completely stopped doing the plan. I have gone through the remorse and am now ready to start again. The only thing I seem to lack is accountability and encouragement. I don't think I need the centers to do this for me, I think just having a buddy would help. Would anyone else mind if I joined this bandwagon?
Old 11-03-2009, 04:48 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Hi ladies
Mind if I join you? I've done MRC before but the center closed. I really like their concept of things.

Jeanette
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 10:19 AM   #12  

Welcome Jeanette! I wouldn't mind if you joined at all. In fact if you can PM me we can talk more about doing this without the centers help.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:46 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 230/216/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyice26 View Post
I have several different menu's here labeled "Meta-Slim Days 1-4" "Meta-Slim Days 5-10" " "Meta-Slim Three Meal Plan" "Meta-Slim Plus Three Meal Plan" and the "Meta-Balance Plan." Can you tell me the differences between the Meta-Slim and the Meta-Slim Pus? Also, after day 11 on the Meta-Slim plan do you know what plan I go on to after? I have a ton of questions and have tried to sort through some of these blogs but there are just too many of them and not enough time in the day.

Hope to hear back from you!!!
Meta-Slim Plus is for individuals over 200lbs when they start the program (I think...and I'm pretty sure). As soon as you're under 200lbs they move you over to the Meta-Slim Three Meal Plan (green menu). This is how it was for my mom, my bff and me when we each started the program.

After day 11 you go to the Meta-Slim Three Meal Plan (green menu) and stay on it until you hit your goal.

There is also the Meta-Quick program which includes drink mixes as meal replacements twice a day for 7 days. This is only to be done one week out of every month max.

Hope that helps a little.
smiles123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 08:48 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 230/216/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
I have a friend from work who did the program. She is willing to share menus and will buy any supplements that I need from MRC for me. She also recommended a web site to purchase supplements that are less expensive.
I'm interested in the website your friend has in mind. Would it be okay to share it here?
smiles123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 06:41 AM   #15  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiles123 View Post
I'm interested in the website your friend has in mind. Would it be okay to share it here?
Go to dietdirect.com
When you buy, be sure to take advantage of the items on sale and the volume discounts.

ProtiDiet Protein Fruit Drink Concentrate (7 Servings/Box) are very similar to the MRC concentrates, although you can get liquid protein in 30 oz bottles and measure it out yourself.

There is quite a variety of puddings and other high protein supplements. Each week different things go on sale. Good luck
reuselady is offline   Reply With Quote