Old 08-26-2009, 11:08 PM   #16  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

scales are MADDENING. i've been toying with the idea of weighing in at the center only once per week... i know they recommend two, but i have a ridiculously busy schedule and the only times i'm available to go there are saturday mornings and thursday evenings, and the difference between the two times of day in terms of weighing in are pretty shocking. (i hope that makes sense--i have a feeling that sentence was badly written, hehe)
leahruthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:12 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahruthie View Post
scales are MADDENING. i've been toying with the idea of weighing in at the center only once per week... i know they recommend two, but i have a ridiculously busy schedule and the only times i'm available to go there are saturday mornings and thursday evenings, and the difference between the two times of day in terms of weighing in are pretty shocking. (i hope that makes sense--i have a feeling that sentence was badly written, hehe)

I too think once a week is enough. Going every 3 days and then 4 days later just seems too much. And I understand what you mean about evening weigh ins compared to morning weigh ins. In other words....BW (Before water) or AW (after water).
Fifties Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:14 PM   #18  
Leah

exactly! not just water, but meals too. i think once i weighed in in the morning, it became really hard to go in the evening again... maybe i'll just start going on saturday mornings only since i'm already in the neighborhood on those days. hmm. do you think they'll yell at me?
Old 09-03-2009, 11:19 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/160

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahruthie View Post
exactly! not just water, but meals too. i think once i weighed in in the morning, it became really hard to go in the evening again... maybe i'll just start going on saturday mornings only since i'm already in the neighborhood on those days. hmm. do you think they'll yell at me?
I don't think they'll be mad at you. A co-worker also goes to that clinic and has only gone once a week since she joined back in April. The only time they'll contact you is if you miss a few weeks at a time.

I'm convinced 'time of day' has everything to do with good or not so good results. I WI on Saturday morning and Tuesday late afternoon and usually have better results on Saturday.

(Sorry...still haven't figured out the quote thing yet. Old and blonde is NOT a good combination!)
Phat not Fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 04:30 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 195/159/133

Height: 5'4"

I weigh in on Sat a.m. before I eat or drink a thing! LOL! I used to do the same thing when I did WW! I will always do that, I'm sure. Oh, and since I live 40 min from the center, they understand that once a week is all I'm going to commit to.
shopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 06:11 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 189/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopgirl View Post
I weigh in on Sat a.m. before I eat or drink a thing! LOL! I used to do the same thing when I did WW! I will always do that, I'm sure. Oh, and since I live 40 min from the center, they understand that once a week is all I'm going to commit to.
I only weigh in on Saturday mornings before food or water. Even though my logical mind realizes that I will weigh more at night than mornings, it is too discouraging to do evening weigh-ins. I explained this to my consultant and she was totally fine with it. I figure it's my program... gotta do what works for me!!
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 06:42 PM   #22  
Leah

i do not regret my decision to move to saturdays
Old 09-07-2009, 09:22 PM   #23  

Height: 5'9"

I WI twice a week because when I went down to once a week a couple of months ago I found that I would sneak an extra bit of this and that because I had a week before my next WI...I have to go twiice a week to keep myself accountable. In addition, I go in once more to attend a class...I always WI first thing in the morning before eating or drinking and I ware the exact dress for each WI...I have been doing this since FEB...it is a running joke me and my dress...as it gets bigger and bigger on me. But I want to see real results with all things the same...Of course on days I don't WI and attend class I wear my normal clothes
GWE140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:42 AM   #24  

I just joined and my weigh in person told me to come back 2 or 3 times a week? Is this to weigh in? I'm coming from Weight Watchers mentality- weigh in once a week and I try to do it in the morning before I eat. Maybe I misunderstood her. Oh well I'm not going in until the week is up- I want to see a big loss on the scale (fingers crossed)
NotaFatBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:35 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 209/150/155

Height: 5'6.5"

I weigh myself every AM, After voiding and b4 the shower. This is supposed to be the most accurate weight. It usually gives me an idea of how much weight I've lost overall (even though later in the day, in clothes, at the center it's always more) So I just use it for my own information. The only one that really counts is at WI.
Roadqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:47 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 362.5/see ticker/180

Height: 6'0

Default my scale confession

I also have a digital scale, and I weigh myself every morning (Bad I know). Also, when I go to WI I always wear a dress or skirt, so I'm at least a pound lighter. LOL

In the 200's oh yeah!!!
kaylasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 03:16 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 193/143/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasmommy View Post
I also have a digital scale, and I weigh myself every morning (Bad I know). Also, when I go to WI I always wear a dress or skirt, so I'm at least a pound lighter. LOL

In the 200's oh yeah!!!
Kaylasmommy - Congrats to you on being in the 200's! I weigh every morning as well, habit, I just have to see where I'm at.
lookinfine09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:38 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:

In the 200's oh yeah!!!

Kaylasmommy, You are doing so great...congrats....200's...that is just as exciting as "onederland"....keep up the great work. Oh, and I WI everymorning too. I live by the scale!!!!
Fifties Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:54 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 201/See ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:

In the 200's oh yeah!!!
WOW!!!! You've done so well! Congratulations on getting to the 200s! Here's a YEAH for you hug:

Way to go! And P.S., I weigh every morning (and night), too. For some reason I think it's interesting to see how many pounds I lose when I sleep! And when I get to sleep in, which is rare, I lose evern more!!

Last edited by Succeed09; 10-09-2009 at 11:55 AM.
Succeed09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 04:08 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 362.5/see ticker/180

Height: 6'0

Default Thanks so much

Thank you all for the positivity! It's challenging when you are losing so much, yet still see flab in the mirror. But you all lift me up. Thank you for that!
kaylasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote