Old 12-01-2008, 01:13 PM   #1  
MrsHaus

S/C/G: 207/205/155

Height: 5' 7"

Default Newbie to MRC.

Hi everyone,
I just joined MRC and attended food instruction on 11/26/08. I thought it was strange that our menus do not include dairy. Does anyone know what the philosophy behind that is and if it is ever added back at all? I am having a hard time getting going. It is quite a change-which is good, that's the point but I'm having a hard time adjusting. Just looking for some support from anyone that has "been there, done that."

Thanks!
MrsHaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 04:41 PM   #2  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsHaus View Post
Hi everyone,
I just joined MRC and attended food instruction on 11/26/08. I thought it was strange that our menus do not include dairy. Does anyone know what the philosophy behind that is and if it is ever added back at all? I am having a hard time getting going. It is quite a change-which is good, that's the point but I'm having a hard time adjusting. Just looking for some support from anyone that has "been there, done that."

Thanks!
It's basically low sugar, and dairy is high in sugars, especially low- and non-fat milk. You do get dairy in the form of hard cheeses and cottage cheese. Yogurt & milk come back during maintenance.

Last edited by Meemo; 12-01-2008 at 04:42 PM.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 196/193/140

Height: 5' 3"

MrsHaus, we have a few things in common. I'm in NE, attended the food class on Nov. 21, but didn't start the program until the 29th due to the Thanksgiving holiday. I, too, was wondering about the dairy. Thanks Meemo for answering that question. I really felt my food class went WAY TOO fast. When we broke up into groups to get our menus our instructor went through it so fast I didn't have time to formulate questions. The office closes at 7:00, and of course it was time for them to close, so I felt they were rushing us all out. I think I had a lot of unanswered questions yet didn't have time to formulate them until I started the plan. I live 30 miles from the MRC, so am only going in once a week for weigh in. I go for first WI tomorrow. I really don't feel like I've lost anything! I'm going to the bathroom a lot, but I thought I would feel a change in my clothes already. Is this normal?
busyink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:42 AM   #4  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyink View Post
MrsHaus, we have a few things in common. I'm in NE, attended the food class on Nov. 21, but didn't start the program until the 29th due to the Thanksgiving holiday. I, too, was wondering about the dairy. Thanks Meemo for answering that question. I really felt my food class went WAY TOO fast. When we broke up into groups to get our menus our instructor went through it so fast I didn't have time to formulate questions. The office closes at 7:00, and of course it was time for them to close, so I felt they were rushing us all out. I think I had a lot of unanswered questions yet didn't have time to formulate them until I started the plan. I live 30 miles from the MRC, so am only going in once a week for weigh in. I go for first WI tomorrow. I really don't feel like I've lost anything! I'm going to the bathroom a lot, but I thought I would feel a change in my clothes already. Is this normal?
If you're going to the bathroom a lot you're eliminating excess water, so you're no doubt losing weight. Write down your questions and ask when you go in for your weigh-ins - that's what you're paying for! They won't give you a lot of info about "future" parts of the program - they want you to focus on the current part.
Don't be impatient - the plan works, you won't always lose on your schedule, but you'll lose on your body's schedule.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:54 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 238.5/155.5/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Welcome!! Which center do you go to? I go to the Bellevue center. My food class seemed too quick also but my mom had been doing the plan for 6 months already so I asked her all of my questions. They take more time with you during your WI's so I'm sure you'll get all your questions answered. If not, this board is great for that, support and motivation!
KeepinOnandOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 12:29 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepinOnandOn View Post
Welcome!! Which center do you go to? I go to the Bellevue center. My food class seemed too quick also but my mom had been doing the plan for 6 months already so I asked her all of my questions. They take more time with you during your WI's so I'm sure you'll get all your questions answered. If not, this board is great for that, support and motivation!
I'm a member at the Lincoln MRC. I did take Meemo's advice and started writing down my questions. One of my questions was a recipe in the cookbook. The recipe used a full package of a creme and was in the Beginning Day 1 catagory. The consultant told me they are completely redoing the recipe book so it is much easier to figure out. I am anxious to try several of the recipes from the book and from this site.

When I went in to weigh last night I had only lost 1 pound in 7 days. I didn't recall them saying anything about not using canned goods, so I messed up last week and used a few things. Plus, I think I'm getting too much salt. I think this board is AWESOME!!
Old 12-06-2008, 12:52 PM   #7  
Em

Quote:
I'm a member at the Lincoln MRC. I did take Meemo's advice and started writing down my questions. One of my questions was a recipe in the cookbook. The recipe used a full package of a creme and was in the Beginning Day 1 catagory. The consultant told me they are completely redoing the recipe book so it is much easier to figure out. I am anxious to try several of the recipes from the book and from this site.

When I went in to weigh last night I had only lost 1 pound in 7 days. I didn't recall them saying anything about not using canned goods, so I messed up last week and used a few things. Plus, I think I'm getting too much salt. I think this board is AWESOME!!
I mentioned this on the other thread but a lot of the salt probably came from the canned foods. Not to worry, stick with the program & the weight will come off. We all slip up now & then - it's all part of that "human" thing.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:03 PM   #8  

Default Different menus

I am reading the threads and see that there are several different menu colors. If somone is doing the diet on their own, how do they know if they're on the right menu color???