Old 12-01-2008, 08:06 PM   #1  
Melissa

S/C/G: 208.8/164.8/135 - 44.0lbs down

Height: 5'5"

Default Help! I am moody and it's day 3!

OMG! I am on day 3 of the program and I am so moody (and no its not that time of the month)! I snapped at my DH for having music too loud. I ate perfectly, drank all my water, took my supps & vitamins, and worked out. But I feel a chemical imbalance or something.

Has anyone had any mood swings getting their body healthy?
ilovekotilab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:23 PM   #2  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovekotilab View Post
OMG! I am on day 3 of the program and I am so moody (and no its not that time of the month)! I snapped at my DH for having music too loud. I ate perfectly, drank all my water, took my supps & vitamins, and worked out. But I feel a chemical imbalance or something.

Has anyone had any mood swings getting their body healthy?
What you're feeling is most likely withdrawal - your body is no doubt accustomed to having a lot more sugar and starch than it's been getting the last 3 days - it's trying to get you to give in and give it what it wants. But you're the boss - hang tough and those initial cravings will go away - it will get easier!
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Everyone has a hard time the first week of a new program. Just be strong and ask your loved ones to forgive any mood swings, and with time you will start to feel normal again (but better!)

Just stick to it and let it run its course, and maybe make an extra effort to do things that make you feel happy.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:06 PM   #4  
Melissa

Thanks you guys! I had dinner and felt better. I chewed some gum afterwards because I REALLY wanted to eat dessert. I didn't though! I am having carb withdrawals and I miss my Starbucks white mocha. BUT that is how I got the way I am!

I really LOVE this site. Thanks!
Old 12-01-2008, 11:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Glad your feeling better. My fave alternative to starbucks is coffeemate non-dairy creamer. You can get it in sugar free, which I believe is greatly reduced carbs, and a cup of tasty coffee becomes only about 30 calories.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 05:28 PM   #6  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovekotilab View Post
Thanks you guys! I had dinner and felt better. I chewed some gum afterwards because I REALLY wanted to eat dessert. I didn't though! I am having carb withdrawals and I miss my Starbucks white mocha. BUT that is how I got the way I am!

I really LOVE this site. Thanks!
Once you can have creamies you can have that mocha - mix a Creamy Hot Cocoa HNS with hot decaf coffee - you can add some flavoring to it too (I love mint in mine this time of year). Not exactly the same, but not a bad substitute and the Creamy Hot Cocoa really does taste good. Hmmm, thinking that might be good after dinner tonight....
Old 12-04-2008, 10:28 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 266/ticker/150

I am on day 4 (pre-conditioning) today and I will tell you that m day 3 was horrible. I had a raging headache all morning. I didn't drink a lot of caffeine before MRC, so I guess it was sugar or carb withdrawl. Today I feel much better. I hope you are feeling better now! I already feel like I have more energy!
btw, this is my first post on 3fc.
BonnieMcC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:56 PM   #8  
Melissa

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieMcC View Post
I am on day 4 (pre-conditioning) today and I will tell you that m day 3 was horrible. I had a raging headache all morning. I didn't drink a lot of caffeine before MRC, so I guess it was sugar or carb withdrawl. Today I feel much better. I hope you are feeling better now! I already feel like I have more energy!
btw, this is my first post on 3fc.
Welcome to the thread! I am feeling waaaaaaayyyy better, thanks! Actually, I have completely stayed on plan and have not "cheated" what-so-ever. I haven't had anymore headaches since. In the past, I would say "Oh, one more bite won't hurt, I'll work out tomorrow..." and 65lbs later I was miserable. So, I am determined to do it this time. I lost 4.4lbs on my first weigh in (WI) and I was only on day 4. I WI tonight so I hope to have lost a total of 6-7lbs this first week. I am a Matron of Honor for my bff and I don't want to be the "fat friend" in all of the pictures. It's in April, so my goal to lose is the last week in March.

You will really like this forum. I have learned so much so far, and it's inspiring too. Oh, make sure to check out all of the recipes!
Old 12-05-2008, 12:14 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 196/193/140

Height: 5' 3"

I'm new to the post, too, and love all of the advice everyone has as well as the OUTSTANDING support. I'm on day 6 and had my first hot chocolate today. It is pretty good, especially since it's REALLY cold outside right now. I'm wondering if anyone has trouble mixing the dry supplements? Someone said to put a small amount of warm water in a water bottle and shake well to dissolve. Then keep that in the fridge until you're ready to mix the rest of the cold water with it. Has anyone tried this?
busyink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:38 AM   #10  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyink View Post
I'm new to the post, too, and love all of the advice everyone has as well as the OUTSTANDING support. I'm on day 6 and had my first hot chocolate today. It is pretty good, especially since it's REALLY cold outside right now. I'm wondering if anyone has trouble mixing the dry supplements? Someone said to put a small amount of warm water in a water bottle and shake well to dissolve. Then keep that in the fridge until you're ready to mix the rest of the cold water with it. Has anyone tried this?
I have an ancient Tupperware Quick Shake container that works great for mixing the dry HNS - they're still available - http://order.tupperware.com/coe/app/...r=P10055804000 - they told us to use room temp water (not warm, not cold) to avoid the "skittles" (lumps).

For the hot drinks, I have a little whisk that works well, I whisk as the water goes in. I have a Senseo coffee maker that I use for making tea, etc, as well so I don't have to pour as I whisk. If I can't use that, though, I do pour in just enough hot water to whisk it until it isn't lumpy any more, then add the rest of the water.