Old 12-03-2008, 10:46 PM   #46  
Meiho

S/C/G: 165/134/130

Height: 5'5"

Question--is it OK to drink the egg whites raw? Seems a little scarey, plus just the look of them kinda makes me queasy! Have added them to one complete egg and love the additional protein and larger portion! Just wonder about the safety of drinking them raw.
Meiho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:57 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 196/193/140

Height: 5' 3"

Thumbs up

Hello, everyone on this chilly evening! I've been spending the last 2 hours reading this thread and LOVE the info. you've all shared. I am new to 3FC and to MRC, so will need all the help I can get in both aspects. I'll play with the MRC piece first and figure out all the different avenues. I see that I can spend HOURS (that I really should be exercising instead) by reading the great posts.
busyink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:47 AM   #48  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiho View Post
Question--is it OK to drink the egg whites raw? Seems a little scarey, plus just the look of them kinda makes me queasy! Have added them to one complete egg and love the additional protein and larger portion! Just wonder about the safety of drinking them raw.
The ones you get in a carton are pasteurized - I don't really worry too much about them anyway, but get them in the carton for convenience. The danger of contamination comes from the outside of the eggshell, so if you crack them carefully using raw eggs should be fine too.

Once you mix them in with Crystal Lite or whatever (I found the diet cranberry juice is good too) the look of them isn't an issue, at least not to me. Of course I tend to have an iron stomach anyway - hence my need to lose weight!
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:35 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 217/217/175

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Meiho-
I haven't had a problem drinking the ones out of the carton! I don't have the strongest stomach but can do it. It's best mixed with a stong flavor. straw/banana or straw/kiwi is not the best. Liked the pink lemonade better. I find the best deals on the egg whites at walmart and can get a large carton there for $3.45. They also have one for over $5.00 but don't get that brand!

Good luck!
lv2ski2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 11:35 PM   #50  
Meiho

Default Protein drink

I was at Vitamin World and got a 2 pound container of the whey protein powder (Double Chocolate). You get 36 servings. Each has 100 calories,18 grams of protein. It was $17.99. That comes out to 50 cents a serving--lots cheaper than the MRC HNS @ $1.71/serving. Also bought one of their mixing bottles which has a little blending mechanism in it that takes out all the lumps. It also has a very tight-fitting lid that doesn't leak!

The chocolate is good. They also had vanilla and strawberry, I think, plus a non-flavored variety. You mix these with water, not milk like some of the other brands.

We'll see how this works--I like saving the $$$!!!

Last edited by Meiho; 12-07-2008 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Want to add the weight bar signature at the bottom but don't know how!
Old 12-07-2008, 11:44 PM   #51  
Em

Quote:
I was at Vitamin World and got a 2 pound container of the whey protein powder (Double Chocolate). You get 36 servings. Each has 100 calories,18 grams of protein. It was $17.99. That comes out to 50 cents a serving--lots cheaper than the MRC HNS @ $1.71/serving. Also bought one of their mixing bottles which has a little blending mechanism in it that takes out all the lumps. It also has a very tight-fitting lid that doesn't leak!

The chocolate is good. They also had vanilla and strawberry, I think, plus a non-flavored variety. You mix these with water, not milk like some of the other brands.

We'll see how this works--I like saving the $$$!!!
Check the calories - you'll probably want to count the chocolate as a creamy, like the creamy hot cocoa. I have a chocolate whey powder and I do count it as a creamy. The plain unflavored whey protein, I count as a clear because of the calorie count.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:52 PM   #52  
Meiho

It's 100 calories. I think the clear HNS are 70, right? So if I put a bit less than a scoopful in, that should equal out, right?

Thanks for the reminder! That's real support!
Old 12-08-2008, 10:18 AM   #53  
Em

Quote:
It's 100 calories. I think the clear HNS are 70, right? So if I put a bit less than a scoopful in, that should equal out, right?

Thanks for the reminder! That's real support!
I worded that wrong (late at night) - should've said check the calories AND count as a creamy just to be safe. There's a lot more ingredients in the chocolate whey protein powder I have than the plain unflavored. (The calories in my creamy hot cocoa and the wildberry passion I have in the pantry right now are both 70 calories.) So just to be safe I count it as a creamy.

And yes, about 2/3 of whatever their measure is for a serving should work right.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:48 PM   #54  
repeater

S/C/G: 213.7/212.4 /145

Height: 5"7

another great website is: www.myhealthmanagement.com....this site sells the protein drinks and has alot of diet info.
tvmitche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:39 PM   #55  

I have purchased from diet direct several times, and what you are looking for is the Wonderslim shakes. They are the exact same shakes that MRC sells for the same price. Also, instead of the powered mixes, try the fruit concentrate. You just add it to a bottle of water and shake, there is no clumping, and they taste better. They are the same price as the powder. They also have the bars when you are ready to try those.

Hope this helped.
Deb
xnjgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 05:58 PM   #56  
Frenchy

S/C/G: 198/198/125

Height: 5'4

Hi,
After reading this thread I wanted to know if this drink is close to the NHS.
Vegan Rice Protien mix from Nutribiotic.
12g protein
55 calories
8mg sodium
0.3 total fat
1.8g carbohydrates
.5g fiber
It is made from whole brown rice. It says its 80% Protein. Its vanilla flavored. I got it at a health food store before I started this diet. Thanks, from a newbie also wanting to save money!!

Last edited by frenchy2; 01-28-2009 at 06:03 PM.
frenchy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:46 PM   #57  
Em

bump
Old 07-07-2009, 04:08 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 171/160.8/130

Height: 5'2

Nectar Whey Isolate Protien Mix
1/2 scoop is the same as HNS except for 30 mg of sodium. And A LOT cheaper.
Flavors like Roadside Lemonade and Peach something or other. Not a "milky" mix. Mixes really easy with water and spoon.
Can get at local vitamin/nutrition shop.
asherdwn is offline   Reply With Quote