Old 06-14-2008, 01:17 AM   #16  
Becky

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Gigi View Post
Welcome to all newbies: I was in your shoes back in APR.! For me, my Broccolli, Asparagus, and Green Beans (like the whole), I steam them and or blanch them then put them in a frying pan with either some EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) or ICBINBS (I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray), a little crushed or diced Garlic and little Sea Salt and Pepper - stir fry a little so as to keep it crisp! Yummy!!
That sounds really yummy Ms. Gigi! Can I have that on my days 1 thru 4? I just got my menu's tonight and I think they look pretty boring - although I suppose I was hoping for just one day of pizza or a cookie.
momofboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 03:01 PM   #17  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofboys View Post
That sounds really yummy Ms. Gigi! Can I have that on my days 1 thru 4? I just got my menu's tonight and I think they look pretty boring - although I suppose I was hoping for just one day of pizza or a cookie.
You could have them (cooked veggies) for dinner on days 1-4. Won't be any pizza or cookies on plan - well, not regular pizza or cookies.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:40 AM   #18  
Dixie

Height: 5'3"

I was surprised days 1-4 flew by with as much ease as it was, the food is at such a minimum I thought I would be starving but I wasn't hungry at all. Maybe because I was taking so many pills with each meal hehe. As for pizza I use tortilla as pizza crust and funny thing is I have been doing that for a couple of years in my attempt to get healthier on my own. The only change is when making BBQ chicken pizza with veggies, switch the BBQ for texas sauce. Another issue was my favorite pizza is jalapeno and pineapple. I rethought this to meet the plan requirements and now use ground turkey and slip a little slenda on various places under the cheese to get that sweet taste, and still have nice texture, throw some veggies on there with cheese and have a salad with it. I brush the tortilla with a touch of EVOO instead of using sauce, an alternative to a BBQ pizza. YUMMO it's very delicious
DKRiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 05:26 PM   #19  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to all the newbies! Meemo told you what their is to know about the plateaus. Mine was exactly @ 10 days. It lasted about a week to week and a half. It's discouraging, but good to know that it's gonna happen. I just think it messes with our heads! We're thinking about how great we're doing and then BAM..Plateau! You'll get through it though. Just keep at it.

To Sopink and jodiann..It's so great that you have each other for support. I have my hubby doing the plan with me now and it's really helping. He understands more what I'm going through and he's way more helpful because of it. Do you two live close to each other too?

Good luck everyone!
Rocki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 06:24 PM   #20  
Becky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
You could have them (cooked veggies) for dinner on days 1-4. Won't be any pizza or cookies on plan - well, not regular pizza or cookies.

I'll experiment with those recipes one day. I do have a question though - Is is bad if I don't eat all the food they tell me to eat? Like if I can only choke down 4oz or 6oz of salad instead of 8??
Old 06-15-2008, 06:59 PM   #21  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 206/187.5/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRiley View Post
I was surprised days 1-4 flew by with as much ease as it was, the food is at such a minimum I thought I would be starving but I wasn't hungry at all. Maybe because I was taking so many pills with each meal hehe.
I was pretty hungry the first few days, but I wasn't taking hoodia or anything else, just a multi-vitamin and fish oil pills. It wasn't until just recently, day 7 or 8 on the plan, that I started to not have cravings or be hungry anymore. Actually, last night I didn't even want to eat dinner, I was still full from lunch! Granted it was a late lunch, 3 pm, since I slept in and didn't have breakfast until 10. I ended up eating a small dinner around 9:30 pm. But in my old life, I would get hungry every 2-3 hours. I would never have imagined that I would be able to eat every 5-6 hours! craziness...

p.s. I can't wait to be able to start making pizza with the tortillas!

Quote:
I'll experiment with those recipes one day. I do have a question though - Is is bad if I don't eat all the food they tell me to eat? Like if I can only choke down 4oz or 6oz of salad instead of 8??
You should try to choke down as much as you can because that is going to make you feel fuller longer. Try to find a combination that works best for you. Maybe use your 1/2 cup of cottage cheese as dressing. I have found that building my salad using only cucumbers, cauliflower, peppers and other heavy stuff and using a vinegar/1 tsp olive oil/mrs.dash mixture works best for me. 2 tablespoons of dressing does not go far!
strawberryrhubarbpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 07:33 PM   #22  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRiley View Post
Another issue was my favorite pizza is jalapeno and pineapple. I rethought this to meet the plan requirements and now use ground turkey and slip a little slenda on various places under the cheese to get that sweet taste, and still have nice texture, throw some veggies on there with cheese and have a salad with it. I brush the tortilla with a touch of EVOO instead of using sauce, an alternative to a BBQ pizza. YUMMO it's very delicious
You can still use the pineapple if you do that for lunch if you did a big portobello mushroom for the "crust" - that's an old low-carbing trick.

Last edited by Meemo; 06-15-2008 at 07:37 PM.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:35 PM   #23  
Em

Quote:
Cucumbers, broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes - use the heavy veggies & add a little greens instead of the other way around. But you should eat everything - this is already a low-calorie plan, don't cheat yourself of the calories you are allowed.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:46 PM   #24  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 145/ticker/130

Height: 5"5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
Cucumbers, broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes - use the heavy veggies & add a little greens instead of the other way around. But you should eat everything - this is already a low-calorie plan, don't cheat yourself of the calories you are allowed.
I was just thinking the same??????? thanks
JSTUCKLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 03:31 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 171/169/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
OMG! You so crack me up! I, too, often feel like I am choking down the salads. I am a repeat MRC offender and the volumes of salad were one of the reasons it took me so long to get back OP. When I did it before, I finally started weighing out 8 oz. of salad veggies like cucumbers, celery, broccoli or cauliflower or green peppers rather than choke down a nasty pile of weed-like lettuces, or doing 4 oz. of those and only 4 oz. of grass clippings. It worked just fine and I didn't loathe lunch and dinner nearly as much.
kimberj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:01 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 183.5/183.5/130.0

Height: 5'5"

You can go to www.tickerfactory.com.
betcoleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:39 PM   #27  

I guess I'm one of the weirdos who LIKES a big salad ;-) Romaine, bibb & butter lettuce, spring mix. I have a huge serving bowl that I use. Top with tuna, flax oil (I don't take the pills) and ff italian dressing. That's my lunch most days.
pbolton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:58 PM   #28  

Height: 5

Smile Going for my consultation

I am going for my consultation MRC tomorrow. I am so excited and ready to regain my body and self confidence. I know the money, time and dedication will be worth it in the long run. I want to be a good role model to my children and a sexy wife. Wish me luck.
martini30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:33 PM   #29  
Becky

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberj View Post
OMG! You so crack me up! I, too, often feel like I am choking down the salads. I am a repeat MRC offender and the volumes of salad were one of the reasons it took me so long to get back OP. When I did it before, I finally started weighing out 8 oz. of salad veggies like cucumbers, celery, broccoli or cauliflower or green peppers rather than choke down a nasty pile of weed-like lettuces, or doing 4 oz. of those and only 4 oz. of grass clippings. It worked just fine and I didn't loathe lunch and dinner nearly as much.

I just finally gave up on the salads - I'll eat a cucumber instead for my raw veggie (8oz is usually one average size cuc) But when I finally got to have cooked veggies as an option I was all over that!
Old 07-15-2008, 07:20 PM   #30  
Cristine

S/C/G: 168/158/140

Height: 5'5"

You should try grilled veggies- I LOVE asparagus that way. Spray it with a little olive oil and add some Mrs. Dash and throw it on the BBQ for about 8 minutes. I have to limit how much I make or I'll gobble it all up like candy. Grilled summer squash/ tomatoes/ etc. are all good, too.
CountryMomma is offline   Reply With Quote