Old 07-30-2008, 07:35 PM   #46  
Cheryl

S/C/G: 244.5/see ticker/180

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
Four pounds is entirely possible when you hit "trifecta" like that - TOM, travel & pizza. Travel always means a little water retention for me. TOM means water retention for most women. And since you're still in pre-conditioning, the weight you initially lost was mostly water weight. So when you went off plan with pizza & wine (carby stuff), your body sucked that water right back up. Get back on plan, drink some extra water, maybe take an extra B6 (it helps with water retention), and those 4 lbs will be gone pretty quickly.
And welcome!
Thanks, Meemo, for the encouragement. I've been drinking water like mad all week in hopes that my WI on Friday is a happy time. I officially start on Friday with the Food Instruction class - Yay! Can't wait for what lies ahead.

Thanks, again, for the cheerleading!
cp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 07:36 PM   #47  
Cheryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenanigan View Post
I am fairly new to MRC an how it works in our bodies but.. I do know that in the past if I go out for a few days and have high sodium foods/drinks (like pizza and alcohol) my body usually waits a day then balloons a few pounds. I have learned to keep the water flowing pretty heavily on those instances and try to flush out my system! Good luck and welcome!
Thanks for the welcome! I think this week I will be "back to normal" at WI.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:40 PM   #48  
Cheryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
martini30 - you're off to a great start! cp33 - you can see a 2 -3 lb gain during travel and TOM depending on how salt sensitive you are. Just drink a lot of water over the next couple days and stay on plan and you should be fine. Everytime you are tempted to cheat, just ask yourself if it is worth a 3 day set back. That's how long it will take you to get back into fat burning mode. This is a very chemically balanced food program, so make sure to check your food sheet at every meals and weigh & measure everything. It gets to be habit after a while! It also helps to pre-measure for quick meals on the go. kismet78 - Don't be afraid to ask for a different counselor!! Remember, they work for us. Your initial charge is based on how much you have to lose. It includes private sessions twice a week, weigh in and blood pressure at each meeting as well as review of your food sheet. You will get measured at the 2 week mark and every month anniversary from there on out - if they forget, just remind them. There are some really good counselors at the Bellevue office (that's where I go and I feel like I've been there forever ) Oh, it also includes 1 year of maintenance counselling. It's really, really important to go through stabilization and maintenance. That's the key to long term weight loss.

Welcome everyone! Feel free to join us on the main blog page too. We just got our own "category" on 3 fat chicks about a month ago. Most of us post on the main thread "MRC take XX" You'll find a lot of positive support with this group - feel free to ask us anything!
Thanks Shine On! It's good to have an actual time-frame on the set-back. I know that my upcoming WI will be more encouraging. One of the first things I did when I started pre-conditioning was buy a food scale. I've been pretty good about measuring my food, etc.

I take the food instruction class on Friday and start the next phase. Thanks for all of the support. Glad to know it works if you work!
Old 07-30-2008, 08:38 PM   #49  
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by martini30 View Post
Hi All today is my birthday and since I am only on day 11 of my meal plan no cake. However, I can feel happiness in knowing that next year at this time I will be wearing a bikini and loving my new self. : Maybe even planning a trip to Miami to show myself off.

Also can anyone tell me how to put weightoss tracker on your profile?
Happy Birthday!!!!!
shenanigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 01:11 PM   #50  
Cheryl

Default Update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp33 View Post
Thanks Shine On! It's good to have an actual time-frame on the set-back. I know that my upcoming WI will be more encouraging. One of the first things I did when I started pre-conditioning was buy a food scale. I've been pretty good about measuring my food, etc.

I take the food instruction class on Friday and start the next phase. Thanks for all of the support. Glad to know it works if you work!
I lost 6.5 pounds last week!! I guess I did recover from my travel. I'm now on day 2 of the metaslim beige diet. Yay! Thanks for the encouragement last week.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:14 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5

Hi! I am feeling good and loving the plan. I am loosing and for the first time in a while can actually see my face and not just flab. This is so exciting 13 pounds down.
martini30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 07:58 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 257

Height: 5'7"

Default What is Pre Conditioning

Hello, I just started with MRC, but I am unclear as to what is preconditoning ..What am I supposed to be doing. Thanks
stephany05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 11:23 PM   #53  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephany05 View Post
Hello, I just started with MRC, but I am unclear as to what is preconditoning ..What am I supposed to be doing. Thanks
If they didn't give you a specific menu, just try to eat 3 balanced meals a day - with a protein, a veggie, a fruit & a bread/starch serving. Start eliminating caffeine (gradually if you use a lot). Drink lots of water - work towards a minimum of 64 oz a day.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 10:12 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky49 View Post
Hello there Shine On... I knew if I looked hard enough I would fine you on this board. You look terrific! I am lost on this board, but will check it out somemore after work tomorrow. Thank you for all of your encouragement. Doing this over the phone is going to be a challenge, but with support from this board, you, my wonderful niece and the phone meetings with my coach in Beaverton, I pray to be okay....
Rocky you and I are in the same boat. Do you actually talk to your counselor twice a week? And if so, what do they talk to you about. It seems like my counselor has zero info. I have learned all I know from this board. Luckily, 3FC Rocks....lol
SeekingSvelteness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 10:45 PM   #55  
Auntie Weiz

S/C/G: 279/236/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekingSvelteness View Post
Rocky you and I are in the same boat. Do you actually talk to your counselor twice a week? And if so, what do they talk to you about. It seems like my counselor has zero info. I have learned all I know from this board. Luckily, 3FC Rocks....lol
SeekingSvelteness: Yep.. we are in the same boat... my counselor rates a big fat ZERO with me. I started dieting seriously a year ago and lost some weight, then found MRC through my niece (Shine On). I go through the Oregon center since we don't have a center in Washington.

Shine On visited recently and got my "plugged in " so to speak with this board. I feel that my motivation and support comes from this board as well. I started MRC the end of July and have lost 11 pounds now, although I have only talked to my counselor a few times. It is really disappointing. I thought I would have weekly checks and perhaps she would want to know what my menus looked like and maybe could do some "food class" coaching over the phone. So far, the center has just been an order desk, although I am hoping it will get better. I am going to try again to reach her on Tuesday...

I am the Meta Balance Level I plan, not sure if anyone else is on that plan. It came on a white sheet of paper...

Good luck and hang in there with all of us...
Rocky49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 10:48 PM   #56  
Auntie Weiz

Quote:
P.S.. I LOVE your pic with the cat. I am a cat lover Sometimes when I want to raid the frig, I'll pick up one of my cats and scratch their back, then drink more water, more water... I will probably be up all night.... LOL
Old 08-31-2008, 12:45 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5'8

Rocky,

I am sorry to hear that you aren't getting much help from your counselor either. But at least we can both look at your niece and feel inspired to keep trying!

I find I am not very motivated to keep track of things....I am supposed to email my food log in every week and and I don't feel like it. We are gonna have to push ourselves harder since we don't have the accountablility of going in twice a week face to face with the counselor.
SeekingSvelteness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 09:09 AM   #58  
Dixie

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Rocky,

I am sorry to hear that you aren't getting much help from your counselor either. But at least we can both look at your niece and feel inspired to keep trying!

I find I am not very motivated to keep track of things....I am supposed to email my food log in every week and and I don't feel like it. We are gonna have to push ourselves harder since we don't have the accountablility of going in twice a week face to face with the counselor.
Seeking - where abouts are you in Kansas, I'm in Olathe, just outside of Kansas City. I go to the Leawood center (Overland Park) which I think is the only one in Kansas that I am aware of. I pretty much go in simply for my WI and measurements, all my education and motivation for this plan comes from the board.
DKRiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 01:27 PM   #59  
One Hot Mama

S/C/G: 155.5/149/125

Height: 5'0

Thanks for these tips! I'm still in pre-cond. but start my yellow Days 1-4 Tuesday...I'm ready to goooooooooo!
chriscrossed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 12:14 AM   #60  
Auntie Weiz

Quote:
Rocky,

Hi Seeking... I usually start the day writing down what I eat, although by the end of the week, I normally miss a few meals. I know I should do better...My counselor has not asked for my food log. Yes, we must push ourselves harder... err... at least I have to push my self. I did really well yesterday and today.... YAHOO... I am getting better at this... It is hard, but I am going to do this.... Thanks for the support!