Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 06:34 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6''

Default Metabolic Research Center - Take IX!!

Nine is so fine!! Let the losing and inspiration continue!
Old 01-26-2008, 07:13 PM   #2  
Future head-turner

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/175

Height: 5'4"

Yay for a new page! I just got back from dinner at Outback which went surprisingly well. The steamed veggies were GREAT! I ALMOST didn't miss the bread, or the fabulous spicy ranch dressing on my salad.

Exercise question: How much? How many times a week/how long each time for cardio, and for strength training?? I want to be doing this the right way but I'm pretty clueless!
Old 01-26-2008, 07:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTeacher View Post
Exercise question: How much? How many times a week/how long each time for cardio, and for strength training?? I want to be doing this the right way but I'm pretty clueless!
They told me that you have to do at least 15min/3 times a week and no more than 45 min/5 times a week. When doing this you need to make sure that you split weight training so that your muscles have rest days. So if you do upper body weights and follow it with cardio, then next day do lower body strength with cardio so the upper body can rest.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 186.5/164.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Man sounds like plateau season! That makes me feel better

I felt like it took me forever to get the last few pounds out of the 180s... then I was stuck at 178 for several weigh ins. I had a big loss, a little gain, and now I'm stuck at 174... every morning when I stand on the scale at home it says 170.0 and it screams at me like a blow horn. I just can't get into the 160s!! I had my body comp done and I was down like 4 pounds of fat in the last 2.5 weeks, but up some on the muscle (which I'm ok with). That made me feel slightly better about life.

I'm going to have my measurements done again this week, and that should help solidify that I am losing, despite the evil torments of the scale. I thought that this would be easier once some of the stress in my life died down, but so far it's about the same.

I tried no creamies. I tried more HNS. I did metaquick 2 days one week, and 3 days the next. I just can't get it to drop. one of the tips I learned in the classes I've been taking at the MRC center with the therapist is to trust the results. So, i'm going to just keep on. the weight has to follow

Last edited by TeddieBare; 01-26-2008 at 10:21 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:55 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

Sam.. thanks for the new thread!!! I hope the sickness stops soon for you, that's the worse part of pregnancy but it usually goes away after the 1st trimester so my fingers are crossed for you!

Congrats to everyone on pounds down!!

ShineOn ~ Suzi at the Omaha center worked with our center's Beth at a center in Panama City or Pensacola FL before Uncle Sam transferred her DH. When I mentioned several post on this thread are from NE.....Beth asked me if you went to the Omaha center. Small world!!! Beth is really awesome! I found out yesterday that our manager, Patti, is leaving....I'm sad because she has been a great encourager for me. I know the other girls are just as sweet and capable...but since I started with Patti I will miss her.

About meal replacement bars.....peanut butter is my fav! But I can only have bars 2/week so I don't buy them very often.

Someone asked about catfish...our center says NO-NO to catfish. Since catfish is a scavenger.....the fat content is higher that white fish. My DH think talapia is "fishy" tasting so I tried cod and haddock and he likes both better than talapia. I'm hoping both are OP....I need to check it out. Has anyone heard anything negative about cod or haddock?

Stayed pretty much OP today.... I coordinated food for our youth D-Now today....lots of pizza and desserts....but I stayed away from both. Hope to see the scales move a little more on Tuesday!

Last edited by jantdieting; 01-27-2008 at 12:00 AM.
Old 01-27-2008, 01:09 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/180/150

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone

Im Stacie and i just started MRC on the 18th... i have already lost 10lbs without taking any non-required supplements... and i guess my big question is what supplements would you say have the best results?

my boyfriend is currently in Iraq and will be back at the beginning of April so im trying to lose as much weight/inches as possible for his return... i was looking into MRC 6 and corti-trim... i really dont know if i can do both (im a college student so money is tight at times) ... i care more about inches then pounds... im sitting in a size 14 pant right now and want to get down to a size 10 or maybe *crosses fingers* an 8... i would appreciate any advice you can give about this program... i do have a friend who has been on it but she has always taken the hoodia, MRC6 and corti-trim so there is no way to tell what would be better to take...

thanks

p.s.- how do you get those cute weight trackers? :-)
Old 01-27-2008, 03:46 PM   #7  
Lori

S/C/G: 162.5 / 132.5 / 120

Height: 5' 0"

Default Catfish

Someone asked about catfish...our center says NO-NO to catfish. Since catfish is a scavenger.....the fat content is higher that white fish. My DH think talapia is "fishy" tasting so I tried cod and haddock and he likes both better than talapia. I'm hoping both are OP....I need to check it out. Has anyone heard anything negative about cod or haddock?

Jantdieting
Thank you. It figures that the only fish I really like isn't OP. I can't wait for food class on Friday to have more help on tailoring the diet for me - I'm a picky eater!
Thanks again!
Old 01-27-2008, 03:51 PM   #8  
Future head-turner

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/175

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by notyourmojo View Post
Hi everyone

Im Stacie and i just started MRC on the 18th... i have already lost 10lbs without taking any non-required supplements... and i guess my big question is what supplements would you say have the best results?

my boyfriend is currently in Iraq and will be back at the beginning of April so im trying to lose as much weight/inches as possible for his return... i was looking into MRC 6 and corti-trim... i really dont know if i can do both (im a college student so money is tight at times) ... i care more about inches then pounds... im sitting in a size 14 pant right now and want to get down to a size 10 or maybe *crosses fingers* an 8... i would appreciate any advice you can give about this program... i do have a friend who has been on it but she has always taken the hoodia, MRC6 and corti-trim so there is no way to tell what would be better to take...

thanks

p.s.- how do you get those cute weight trackers? :-)

I think the corti-trim helps more than the MRC-6. Mom and I have both experienced great results with the corti-trim and cut out the MRC-6 without seeing a detriment. Just my 2 cents though.

As for the weight trackers, when you click on User CP you will see a link that will take you to create a weight tracker.

Welcome, and good luck!
Old 01-27-2008, 04:11 PM   #9  

Regarding supplements .... I started out taking a lot -- and now I just take my own multi-vitamin, fish/flax oil, MSM (for joints) and calcium. I don't buy anything except the required HNS from the center, and I have seen no difference whatsoever in my weight loss, cravings, etc. Just my experience, we are all different. If you stay totally OP, you are going to lose weight regardless of what you're taking.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:36 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

I seem to take a lot of supplements. I take flax, Cortitrim, MRC-6, CoQ10, MAC (just changed from hoodia), triphala, guggul, chromium picolinate, and MRC vitamin. I have a B complex that I take as well.

When the MRC-6 is gone, I am going to not take it and see if I have a difference. My CoQ10 is just about gone too.....not sure what I will do there. I don't think that i will continue with it. I really didn't have cravings before, but they told me guggul helps with thyroid function and recommended it because of my hypothyroid. The triphala I use to regulate "stuff". I tend to get constipation - part of the thyroid issue and it seems to help, but not quite "fixed". They just started me on the Chromium so that I build muscle tone easier. I am trying it and will see what I think.

So as things are gone I will simplify to flax, Cortitrim, MAC, triphala, my own vitamin and the b complex (liquid).
I have so many pills now that I gag when taking them.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:46 PM   #11  
MuffinTop - Begone!!!

S/C/G: 188/Ticker/155

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
I have so many pills now that I gag when taking them.
I hear you there! I hate that feeling as well! I am currently taking Flax, MRC-6, CortiTrim, CoQ10, Chromium Picolinate, Vit B12, Metabolic Enhancer, my own Multivitamin and my own brand of MSM. I actually just recently came back from Vitamin Cottage, where I managed to find Flax, CoQ10, Chromium Picolinate and their own brand of Hoodia/Metabolic Enhancer, and all in all, I spent about $40 for all of those...a HUGE savings from MRC prices...so, I was pretty psyched! so, now all I really have to buy at MRC is their HNS.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:10 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 227/222.5/162

Height: 5

Hey everyone!! I am on day 8 of the program and feel awful. I was wondering if anyone else had joint pain, body ache's and just plain exhausted. I excercise for 30 mins 5 days a week. I have not been over straining in my workouts. It just seems odd to me, I feel like I should feel better but I am not!!
Old 01-28-2008, 09:39 AM   #13  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wease513 View Post
Hey everyone!! I am on day 8 of the program and feel awful. I was wondering if anyone else had joint pain, body ache's and just plain exhausted. I excercise for 30 mins 5 days a week. I have not been over straining in my workouts. It just seems odd to me, I feel like I should feel better but I am not!!
Wease, this is a very common complaint that many of us have dealt with in the beginning. Your body is detoxing. I felt tired after my first week, then got a bit better feeling, then at the end of my 2nd week, was exhausted again. The body ache's may just be from working out, joint pain, talk to your center about that one. Make sure you are getting a full 100 oz. of water, since you are working out and dieting, your body NEEDS it! GEt a full 8 hours of sleep each night, and after a few days you should start feeling much better.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:08 AM   #14  
oreoparent

S/C/G: 269/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Hey Gang!
I'm still on medical hold. Still have a fever and flu symptoms. respiratory infection has messed with asthma so i am still a mess, but I know it will end. hubby is in Ireland for business so I am trying to work on a few extra projects. He will be back Thursday night.
Congrats to all those who have hit the 50 lb mark and to those close to "onderland" and "twoville"!
Also, welcome newbies!
When I get back on program I am going to stop MRC6 and see if I notice a difference before my hold I was having a hard time getting down past 210. I might try to reduce my protein to 4 oz like the next menu to see if that helps. It is funny. Here in St. Augustine we have county roads with numbers. All of the ones near me are in the low 200's. Every time I drive on CR 210 or CR 207 I am reminded that I have not made it past those numbers in weight. Once I do get past they will be great reminders of where I have been and where I WILL NEVER be again.
Oh, by the way, I have the flu even though I received a flu shot. Use sanitizer and wash hands frequently. This stuff is yucky!
Have a great MRC day!
Old 01-28-2008, 11:47 AM   #15  

Awhile ago, someone posted a recipe for what I remember was a replacement for HSN drinks. It consisted of instant decaf coffee, ice, protein powder and I think water. It was stated that it had the same nutritional ingredients as what could be purchased through MRC. Any thoughts? I'm looking for a way to stay OP, but perhaps in a less expensive way. Thanks!
Closed Thread