Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 08:31 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 205/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Donuts: Thanks for the kind words! Thank you for your inspiration! I think that is so cool that they are asking you to speak-- you would be perfect! And dancing with your wife-- she has to be so happy! You are the complete package!! lol Good for you!!

My scale was down another pound this morning, so maybe I will get there by next week. I am going to wi tonight before I go to the Finding Connections class. Should just stay away until next week, but I can't stand it! I shopped again yesterday, I am beginning to fear that I have traded my food addiction for a shopping addiction--but there are just so many bargains out there- and my dh keeps encouraging me to get some clothes that fit. So...

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-31-2008, 09:50 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 196/188/145

Hi everyone. Way to go on all of the loss!

Donuts- What an honor to be asked to inspire others. You must have done it already for the one who has asked. And what a lucky wife you have, I don't think my hubby would ever take me dancing.

I WI today and am down only .5 pound. I say only but I guess I should be excited as that will make 4 down in one week. I think I was just expecting more to come off since I lost the first 3.5 lbs in two days.(DH thinks it has all fallen off my chest! Why is that always the frst thing to go?)

My MRC said no salad spritzers because they have too much sodium. They said that I can only use the MRC dressing. Does the Walden Farms dressing have alot of sodium in it also? I am sick of the MRC ones!

One last question- Where are we supposed to be when we use the ketone strips? Are we supposed to test negative?

Thanks to all for everything!

Christy
Old 01-31-2008, 10:00 AM   #93  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Had WI on Tuesday and am down 2 lbs.... and am officially under 300 lbs now!

Donuts Tina told me that you were doing the peer inspiration class in February. I can't wait! You have inspired me, and everyone here.... I'm so happy that everyone at our center will have the opportunity to be inspired by you as well.
And dancing, with your wife. Another freedom. You are just going to have a wonderful time. What a great guy! Enjoy every minute!
Finally..... Congratulations on the $300! If anyone else had won that, I would have had to track them down.... but you.... I'm ok with it! Well, maybe I'm ok with it.

Everyone Thanks for the kind words. You all are a wonderful family and I look forward to talking to you and hearing about your lives. It is such great support both through this weightloss journey and through life! Have a wonderful day!!!
Old 01-31-2008, 10:37 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 209.5/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Christy: My MRC recommended the spritzers...they want you to register between 0 and 15 for the ketone. Sometimes you won't register at all (at least my first one didn't change color). Another warining: I got my period 2 weeks early (and I am on the pill!) They said it happens to a lot of women because when you lose your fat it releases estrogen (which was stored in the fat). They recommended I take Total Woman w/flax so I guess we will see if it works.

I signed the 10lb board yesterday
Old 01-31-2008, 10:45 AM   #95  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post

Speaking of sexy arms, thank you Venvix for that web link!! I was thinking the only exercise that would work was the one where you lean forward, bring your elbow to your side and extend you arm back with a light weight.
If you have some light weights, there are several exercises you can do for triceps.
Seated Extensions

Starting Position
Sit holding one dumbbell with both hands behind your neck by grasping the plate and wrapping your thumbs and pointer fingers around the hand grip.

Action
EXHALE: Extend arms straight above your head, keeping elbows next to ears.

INHALE: Lower the weight back down with contol to the starting position to complete one rep.

Special Instructions
Contract abs to avoid arching your back. Use a bench with a short back (if available) for support. Keep elbows tight near ears throughout movement and try to keep your upper arms still.

Lying Extensions:
Starting Position
Lie on a bench with a dumbbell in your right hand. Extend right arm straight up with palm facing away from you. Rest your left hand on your abs.

Action
INHALE: Lower the dumbbell toward the left shoulder, keeping upper arm stationary, until forearm is parallel with the ground.

EXHALE: Push weight back up to starting position and to complete one rep.

Finish all reps on one side and switch.

Special Instructions
You may want to use your free arm to support the working arm by holding at the elbow to help keep the arm stationary.

I got those descriptions from the spark people website (3FC won't let me put a link for it) but there are also video demos of lots of exercises in their exercise area. (Bugs me that they block the link because there are SO many great features on spark people & it's all free.)
Old 01-31-2008, 10:48 AM   #96  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoredonuts4me View Post
It's been a long long time since I've felt like going out to dance with my wife. I've felt very self-conscious about being obese and dancing. Well, I think I just asked my wife for a dancing date for Valentines. I now have the energy and feel very comfortable in my own skin. I just wanna dance
Can you believe I won 1ST Prize in the shopping spree sweepstakes at my center. I won $300 in VISA gift cards. There were hundreds if not thousands of entrys.
I've been asked recently by my center to lead a peer inspiration class in February. Me, inspire?
In my best Austin Powers voice: Yeah, baby! Have fun dancing & shopping! And you'll be an amazing inspiration for other MRCers - heck, you already are!
Old 01-31-2008, 11:02 AM   #97  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by christy913 View Post

My MRC said no salad spritzers because they have too much sodium. They said that I can only use the MRC dressing. Does the Walden Farms dressing have alot of sodium in it also? I am sick of the MRC ones!
Christy,
My center recommended the Walden Farms dressings (but not all centers do) - it is higher in sodium than the MRC dressing (I STILL have some in my pantry because I didn't much like it either). You can always make your own oil & vinegar, adding whatever spices you like, and sometimes I use things like fresh pico de gallo as "dressing". Frankly, if you can use the Spritzers or the Walden Farms & still lose, then I'd say go ahead & do it & just don't tell them what you're using so you won't get any unnecessary from them.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:19 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 294/285.5/155

Height: 5'1

Hello everyone! I just started MRC last Monday and I WI to weigh 4 days later and had dropped 8.5 pounds!!!!! This was amazing and I just knew this was going to work. I was shopping and my cart looked like the woman with a fabulous body! It had nothing but natural food! My life had made a turn and I was ready to make a commitment. Tuesday comes and it is time to WI again. My world came crashing down. I lost .5 and I was upset. I could hear this upbeat girl telling me about plattues but all I could think about was I didn't cheat. Why was this happening. I am too big to have plattues this early on. The first week of the program made me sick. I had headaches....I had no energy...I knew it was from the many years of abusing my body. Then I started wondering if I was in the right program. That is when I found this website and I realized I was not alone. I have yet to stray from my menu and I actually have energy! WI's make me nervous but I know I am thinking about it too much. I have yet to have the "natural flow" of the program. I did so much better on the detox menu!
Old 01-31-2008, 11:22 AM   #99  

Excuse my spelling errors as well!
Old 01-31-2008, 12:06 PM   #100  

2BFit- 9 pounds is amazing! Just think about how much 9 lbs really is. My center has a big piece of "fat" on the counter when you walk in and it is only 5 lbs. and it is quite large, about the size of a loaf of bread or a big pork roast! You lost a pork roast and a loaf of bread. Way to go and welcome!
Old 01-31-2008, 01:05 PM   #101  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BFitN2008 View Post
Hello everyone! I just started MRC last Monday and I WI to weigh 4 days later and had dropped 8.5 pounds!!!!! This was amazing and I just knew this was going to work. I was shopping and my cart looked like the woman with a fabulous body! It had nothing but natural food! My life had made a turn and I was ready to make a commitment. Tuesday comes and it is time to WI again. My world came crashing down. I lost .5 and I was upset. I could hear this upbeat girl telling me about plattues but all I could think about was I didn't cheat. Why was this happening. I am too big to have plattues this early on. The first week of the program made me sick. I had headaches....I had no energy...I knew it was from the many years of abusing my body. Then I started wondering if I was in the right program. That is when I found this website and I realized I was not alone. I have yet to stray from my menu and I actually have energy! WI's make me nervous but I know I am thinking about it too much. I have yet to have the "natural flow" of the program. I did so much better on the detox menu!
2Bfit - just remember that those 8.5 lbs were the extra water you were carrying around. Now you're down to the business of losing fat, which comes off more slowly. Not to mention all the little things that can affect your weight - medication, stress, what you're wearing, a little extra sodium, not enough water, etc, etc. The good news is that you have energy now - you're probably through the detox stage & now you can cruise! And you're right - don't stress over weigh-ins - stress makes you retain water!
And hey - welcome! What part of Florida are you in? (Lots of us Floridians here.)
Old 01-31-2008, 02:24 PM   #102  

I am here at Patrick AFB (between Cocoa Beach and Satellite Beach)! Thank you for the words of encouragement! I knew that most of that was water but I was hoping for another 10 pounds of water! hahahaha I am ready to sign that wall!!!!! She rings that bell but I want the ink!!! Other then what MRC has given me I take no other meds. That was another concern of mine. I went from maybe a tylenol once a month to 30 pills a day. I feel like all I do is pop pills. I know the logic behind what they are giving me but I still feel it is quite a bit. Please do not think of me as nagging but it is so new and instead of eating a piece or candy or downing 16 oz of tea I am looking at the clock and reminding myself of what to take....what to drink. I know within a week things will be more natural for me. I have learned so many things within the last week that I am proud of. I have learned how to cook fish other then frying it. I thought I would miss my gallon of tea with 2 1/2 cups of sugar but I don't. Yeah 2 1/2 cups! HA! My husband is benefitting from this as well. He eats what I eat and he has shed a few pounds.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:37 PM   #103  

2Bfit- Hey, we're neighbors! I live in Rockledge, is that the MRC that you are going to?
Old 01-31-2008, 02:38 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Hello all....
I am just home from wi. I am down 1.5 pounds (so 2 this week). This is day 5 on Metaquick. 2 more days and then the modified green menu for 5 days. I am looking forward to not having the meal replacement shakes. I have to almost double the water in them or they are just too thick for me.

So far I have lost 29 pounds. Only 1 more until I sign the 30 board. I am looking forward to it.

2BfitN2008 - I think alot of us start out using all of the pills and then as we go weed out some so that we find what works for us. Good Luck! I know you will do well. As for the sugar in your tea. AMAZING 2.5 cups! It has to feel good not having that in your system.

Last edited by jeweliek; 01-31-2008 at 02:38 PM.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:38 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 232.6/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi Everyone!

I've been behind on reading posts and posting myself. It sounds like we have even more new people...yeah...and everyone is doing great!

Keep it up everyone!

This week I should be signing the 25 lb. board...hopefully on Saturday!

With the last two weeks of moving my mom, and birthdays galore...I've had a goal of just maintaining (and with my center we discussed all of this), and I've managed to do that, now I'm back to business! WOOHOO!!!
Closed Thread