Old 01-22-2008, 10:17 AM   #406  

Height: 5'6''

Good morning everyone! I have no idea how I survived last night...it was my worst night since I've been pregnant...lets just say that the symptoms finally caught up with me and I didn't sleep. So why am I at work? I do not know.

Anyway, I had a Drs. appt yesterday and I am proud to say that I only gained a half pound in a month! HOORAY! (thats probably closer to 3 or 4lbs really since I did lose some in the beginning while still following plan, but hey...whatever!) I felt like that was a big success...then I ate like crap yesterday and paid for it! Felt like Baby's way of reminding me..."eat right MOM!" Message received baby, now no more nights like last night, ok?

Hope you all are doing well. I want to say that I completely agree with donuts that those of us who succeed on this plan (which is a TON of people here) are nothing special. If I can do it, you can do it!

On a funny side note, I cut about 8 inches off of my hair this weekend and when I went to church all people were saying was "wow you're looking thin!". I totally should have cut my hair off months ago The only thing I'm struggling with now is how to answer people who ask me how my weight loss is going...since they don't know I'm pregnant, I can't honestly answer...so they are hearing alot of, it's going really well
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:22 AM   #407  
Kristi M.

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/157

Height: 5'8"

Has anyone ever lost their weight loss ticker? I cannot seem to find it. Also when I go to edit my profile I no longer have anything that says that I can edit my signature. Just wondering because I kind of liked seeing the little ticker showing my progress. Well anyways hope everyone has a great day.

Oh yeah welcome m0nkeyg1rl. This place has been wonderful. You get to see a lot of words of encouragement and advice. Please note that there is also a MRC recpies thread, so check it out for new recipes to keep things new and fun.
kristih6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:27 PM   #408  
Feelin' Great!

S/C/G: 177.5/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Well, I'm back to reality after 8 days of sunny bliss. It's freakin cold here today It was -3 when I left my house for work this morning. After 80, it's a shocker! Anyway, I see lots of new people and lots of great losses! Way to go! Can't say I exactly followed program while on vacation, but I did try to get my fruit and more fish into the diet. When I came home, I'm up 5 pounds on my scale. I'm pretty sure it's water weight and I'm just bloated, but still hoping it comes off real soon! I'm so close to reaching my goal I can taste it! Just trying to kick up the water and exercise and cutting back on the cheese and hopefully that will catapult me into fat burning mode!

Congratulations to ShineOn on the new house!

Sam...Valentine's Day will be here before you know it and you can share your news with everyone! Hope you get to feeling better soon!
COKimBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:41 PM   #409  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I finally just tried the Parmesan Crunch recipe from the cookbook. I really needed something different with my lunch today. I remember some of you talking about them. They are wonderful! They can really satisfy a salty crunchy craving. I have to make sure I only indulge in those a few times a week. I made little 'mini' crisps out of the 2oz of parmesan cheese, so I had a few to munch on with lunch.
Hope everyone is doing well, I will be wi'ing in tomorrow, hope to be signing the big 50 pound loser board! Wish me luck!
Goal4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:51 PM   #410  
Bringin' Sexy Back

Quick question...
I have heard some varied information about the HNS drinks. My center says that I HAVE to have 1 with each meal (I am on the beige meta slim plus menu) and I am allowed to max at 5. Thing is I really can't seem to drink mine with each meal. I drink a big 32 oz. glass of water with each meal, to ensure a minimum of 96 oz of water a day. By the time I drink the water, eat my food, and take my few vitamin supplements, I am to full to even think about an HNS. Lately I have been using the minimum of my 3 HNS's as in between meal "snack". I told my favorite counselor that I did that all last week, and she said that I shouldn't, but she didn't/couldn't give me a real reason. I haven't seen any slow down due to this, and I was still in ketosis???
Do any of you know the reason? Or if that it doesn't really matter, as long as you get the min. 3 in per day? I much rather use the HNS in between meals, not at my meals.

Last edited by Goal4Life; 01-22-2008 at 12:53 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:17 PM   #411  
texdoc2001

S/C/G: 207/207/150

Height: 5'2"

Wowee, all. I've missed you. I haven't been on the site in a few weeks. I'M IN LOVE!!!! I've met a wonderful man and have been too involved with that to keep up with our posts. I feel like it's high school and I ditched my best friends to spend time with my new boyfriend. I'm sorry and I'm back.

While I've done the best I could, I wasn't OP on Friday-Sunday. Not outrageous things, just I didn't keep up with pills and supplements and we ate out once (but were actually too excited and happy to eat--when has THAT ever happened in my life????). I got back on the MRC pony yesterday and he's quite supportive of this and inspired to better health himself. It's like now we're both feeling a need to be really healthy so we can be around for as long as possible. I know I'm blabbering with joy, but wanted to get back to you guys and share this. Now I just have to catch up with reading all the posts. Love, C.
texdoc2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 02:06 PM   #412  
Bringin' Sexy Back

Ok, so I am full of questions today. I have been debating on joining Curves to go along with my weightloss and life changes with MRC.
I used to be a Curves member a few years back. I currently am walking 1 1/2 miles about 3-5 days a week (weather permiting) and do light weight training for about 10 mins 3 days a week.
Here is the reason why I am thinking of Curves, I hate contending with the weather..I don't really like the gym scene...and I want to maximize my working out into a simple routine. I think this will be a great way to get me on a regimented routine of working out (as it did before), then once I hit my goal weight, I can either decide if I am ready for a gym with more things available for use and different classes available, or if I want to just stay at Curves. Problem is, I am already spending an arm load of money at MRC, and Curves will just add to that bucket....
What do you all think?

Last edited by Goal4Life; 01-22-2008 at 02:10 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:08 PM   #413  

S/C/G: 246/239/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Feeling Tired

I was wondering if anyone else felt really tired after starting this diet. I have been on it for 6 days now and all I want to do is sleep. It doesn't help that I had to come off my cokes (with no water at all) to just water. Any ideas? I just started taking a multi vitamin today so maybe that will help.

thanks!
Patti
denspatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 02:28 PM   #414  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal4Life View Post
Quick question...
I have heard some varied information about the HNS drinks. My center says that I HAVE to have 1 with each meal (I am on the beige meta slim plus menu) and I am allowed to max at 5. Thing is I really can't seem to drink mine with each meal. I drink a big 32 oz. glass of water with each meal, to ensure a minimum of 96 oz of water a day. By the time I drink the water, eat my food, and take my few vitamin supplements, I am to full to even think about an HNS. Lately I have been using the minimum of my 3 HNS's as in between meal "snack". I told my favorite counselor that I did that all last week, and she said that I shouldn't, but she didn't/couldn't give me a real reason. I haven't seen any slow down due to this, and I was still in ketosis???
Do any of you know the reason? Or if that it doesn't really matter, as long as you get the min. 3 in per day? I much rather use the HNS in between meals, not at my meals.
If it's working for you, just roll with it. Like I said, I almost always did the minimum # of HNS, wanted to have the option to add another if I needed to break through a stall. If it wasn't working, I'd suggest drinking a little less water with your meals so you could get in the HNS - or incorporating it into something rather than drinking the HNS separately. But if you're not seeing a change by only having them as snacks, go with what works for you! If I remember correctly you'll be moving on to the green menu & having fewer HNS daily soon anyway.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 02:30 PM   #415  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdoc2001 View Post
Wowee, all. I've missed you. I haven't been on the site in a few weeks. I'M IN LOVE!!!! I've met a wonderful man and have been too involved with that to keep up with our posts. I feel like it's high school and I ditched my best friends to spend time with my new boyfriend. I'm sorry and I'm back.

While I've done the best I could, I wasn't OP on Friday-Sunday. Not outrageous things, just I didn't keep up with pills and supplements and we ate out once (but were actually too excited and happy to eat--when has THAT ever happened in my life????). I got back on the MRC pony yesterday and he's quite supportive of this and inspired to better health himself. It's like now we're both feeling a need to be really healthy so we can be around for as long as possible. I know I'm blabbering with joy, but wanted to get back to you guys and share this. Now I just have to catch up with reading all the posts. Love, C.
Welcome back, & congratulations! Love is grand - glad you're so happy!
Old 01-22-2008, 02:30 PM   #416  
Bringin' Sexy Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by denspatti View Post
I was wondering if anyone else felt really tired after starting this diet. I have been on it for 6 days now and all I want to do is sleep. It doesn't help that I had to come off my cokes (with no water at all) to just water. Any ideas? I just started taking a multi vitamin today so maybe that will help.

thanks!
Patti
Patti, your body is going through it's detoxing phase. I to went through a really tired spell for about 3 days during my first week, and my 2nd week got better, then was tired for a day or 2 at the end of the week. Get your full 8 hours of sleep each night, follow your plan, drink your water and HNS's, and this feeling will naturally go away soon.

Last edited by Goal4Life; 01-22-2008 at 02:37 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:33 PM   #417  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by denspatti View Post

thanks!
Patti
Sounds like caffeine withdrawal & your body maybe rebelling a bit against the new fuel you're giving it, screaming for what it's accustomed to burning. Lots of water & a little time should take care of it. And B vitamins can't hurt.
To be honest, I have a lot more (and more even) energy when I keep my sugars & starches at a minimum - I get sleepy when I fall off the wagon.
One more thing - it might sound counter-intuitive, but exercise really will increase energy levels. If you aren't exercising, try incorporating some type of exercise into your program. You might have to force yourself at first, but soon you'll find you have more energy because of the exercise.

Last edited by Meemo; 01-22-2008 at 02:37 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:58 PM   #418  

Hi to all! Newbie here, to board and MRC, joined 1/3/08. I stumbled on this board this weekend and I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all of your post. A lot of good info about MRC in here and WONDERFUL encouragement to stay on the program. Congratulations to all of you for the AMAZING amount of weight you've lost. I had my 15 day wi and measure yesterday and I was down 9 pounds and 7 1/2 inches!! I was very excited!!! Good Luck to US all as we make the weight loss journey for the LAST time!!!
fsum0m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 03:59 PM   #419  

S/C/G: 232.6/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Thanks Meemo for replying to my question about maintenance.

O.K. everyone....not sure what happened to me...went way off track this past weekend, was not at home at all, helping my mom move for 2 days, then all day at the dentist with my son yesterday, then back to help my mom yesterday afternoon. Today was very exhausted and felt sick - like getting a cold...trying to get back on track and struggling. Not wanting to eat much of anything really, and not wanting to cook.

I know what I NEED to do, and I'm the only one that can do it, so I better just buck up and do it...but I guess I just needed to throw that out there.

Thanks for being here everyone!

Rae

Last edited by Raemi13; 01-22-2008 at 05:59 PM. Reason: misspelled word
Raemi13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 04:16 PM   #420  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Rae - you can do it. Back OP! Take the time to look at your meal plan each time you eat so that you know what you can have.

Deb - I will be at the class Sat. morning too. So glad to hear about your success.
jeweliek is offline   Reply With Quote