Old 01-24-2012, 03:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 289/277/170

Height: 5'9

Default First Day Thoughts...and Tribulations

Yesterday was my first day on Medifast and it went ok. I had a good morning and did not hit a hurdle until the afternoon. This is the time I get the most hungry and I did have a problem when I gave my daughter some chips and salsa for a snack...I caved. It wasn't too bad...but I just couldn't resist.
I probably should have just had another shake as they recommend...will do that today if it's a problem again. I still lost 2 lbs although I don't want to get on the scale again until Monday.
I did ok with dinner and not having any of the carbs I gave to the family w/ their meal. I had a big salad w/ romaine and baby kale, cucumber and some chicken.
I also made a mistake with the chill and added too much water...ended up being chill soup which was ok. I also had the crackers (which I thought were ok as a snack) along w/ a wedge of lite laughing cow cheese.The other foods were fine. I liked the chocolate pudding made as a shake in the morning (w/ 8oz coffee and ice cubes). I also had a peanut butter bar which was good. I did not care for the bbq bites (left a bad taste in my mouth). I had a soft chic chip cookie at night...but it wasn't my favorite. I might try it w/o microwaving it.
Oh, it's lunch time...almost forgot! So not as bad as I though it would be. I did drink almost 3 liters of water. We'll see what today brings....
mom2sweetT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:13 PM   #2  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi mom2sweetT,
Welcome!

Hang in there, the first few days are the hardest.

If chips & salsa are tough for you to give up, I have an idea for you. I buy the presliced baby bella mushrooms - they are very dippable! I know it's not chips, but I really like them dipped in salsa. I know it's more expensive than buying whole shrooms, but having them already sliced and ready to eat makes them very easy to grab, so I'm less likely to eat something off plan.

This DOES work - I've been at it since April, and I'm still interested and motivated to keep going.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:35 PM   #3  

Hi Riddy- today was much better and I was almost too full to have all the meals. So, no snacking today. I think I'll be stronger the next time I give my daughter some chips!

Thanks for the feedback!

-G
Old 01-25-2012, 09:46 AM   #4  

This is all a learning process. It sounds like you're off to a pretty good start.

I've heard people on the official MF boards talk about making kale chips or raddish chips. I keep meaning to try that one day.

I personally liked the the chili a little soupier.
Maurene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:33 PM   #5  

Yes, I've heard about those radish chips as well...will have to give them a shot. I'm trying to chili again today and this time I added just the right amount of water, actually I used homemade chicken stock.
Today is my third day and I did not feel hungry at all this morning. I had to deal w/ a medical issue so was at the dr's and ended having a bar way later than planned. I'm trying to get back on schedule but even last night, I had a hard time putting down that last meal (hot cocoa).
I feel good other than a bit light headed and have already lost 4 lbs in just two days.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:56 AM   #6  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I've made kale chips, and I love them! I have a few flavors of infused olive oil and smoked salts, so I can flavor them up different ways. I haven't heard of the radish chips - sounds interesting.

The chili is one of my favorite meals - I like to add salsa. I use a LOT of salsa - more than Medifast says, but I figure in the grand scheme of things cheating with salsa is not that big of a deal. I still have a long ways to go, so if a little extra salsa keeps me on plan, I'm doing it.

Try not to let yourself get caught short without MF food. I always keep a bar in my purse, plus I leave a few at work and a couple in my car. Especially in the beginning, you might want to plan to have an extra Medifast meal available in case you're absolutely starving. My coach says it's better to have an extra bar or shake that eat "real food" that you might eat too much of.

Keep it up - you can do it!
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:36 PM   #7  

Thanks Riddy and I agree on the salsa bit. You're also right about having something extra in the purse/car. I have been seeing dr.'s about a foot issue and have been caught out of the house longer than I expected and was very glad to have a bar in my purse...it would have been to easy to just turn into a McDonald's otherwise!