Old 07-22-2011, 09:45 AM   #17  

Height: 5'1"

Thanks!
totalconfusion87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 12:11 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 235/218/145

Default Really?

vball4all, new products??
Can you share with us (if you know) what those might be?
About to put in an order and will order less if something you mention sounds super yummy!
RunnerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 03:33 AM   #19  

On MyMedifast, they i saw a coach at the conference post "spice pancakes", a "syrup", "BBQ Bites" and "Pizza Bites". I can't remember if there is another one or not. I think they have been listing them on the facebook page too (I haven't checked). From what I hear, the pancakes/syrup tasted good. They liked the BBQ over the Pizza. The bites kinda look like puffy things, but then they say they definitely have a crunch to them.

New products available for online order July 25th! I'm not sure when centers will have them.
vball4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 02:34 PM   #20  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

BBQ bites and Pizza bites are on the site for order today - I've already added them to my next order! I'm in love with the puffs and the honey mustard pretzels - it's so nice to have something that's crunchy and not sweet.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:33 PM   #21  

I just saw some discussion on mymedifast where some folks who have taken the time to look at the nutritional info think that there's too much sugar/fat in them. I'm ordering the BBQ ones since that seems to be a fav...might do pizza bites, not sure. However, based on some comments, I guess watch your progress while adding these in to see if it makes a difference or not.

Plus, I've seen some other threads where people THINK that certain foods slow down their progress....some people think too many bars, where some people eat 5 bars a day. Everyone is different, so everyone may be right.

Good luck, I'm new to MF and am just placing my second order....am going to try the puffs too!

42 pounds melted away - very nice!!!
Old 07-25-2011, 10:40 PM   #22  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vball4all View Post
I just saw some discussion on mymedifast where some folks who have taken the time to look at the nutritional info think that there's too much sugar/fat in them. I'm ordering the BBQ ones since that seems to be a fav...might do pizza bites, not sure. However, based on some comments, I guess watch your progress while adding these in to see if it makes a difference or not.
I checked the nutrition info online - they have 1/2 gram more fat, and therefore 5 calories more from fat than the puffs. They have 1 or 2 grams less sugar than the puffs, depending on the flavor. I don't think that is enough to make a difference. Besides, I've got to believe that Medifast wouldn't launch a new product if the nutrition wasn't sound. THEY'RE the experts, not us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vball4all View Post
42 pounds melted away - very nice!!!

Yes, I'm happy! Only 1/2 pound lost this week, but I cheated at not 1, but 2 bridal showers, so I can't complain.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:06 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 298/262/145

Height: 5'6"

I just finished up my first week on the program and headed into my second. So far, I've lost 9 lbs using medifast.

I'm feeling good and am now hoping to start my exercise routine this week. I've just kept in mind all last week that it's "diet" food and will not taste as wonderful as my favorite resturant meals. But I can sacrifice a little taste for a major weight loss. Also, if I find a meal that is really good, then I have been wonderfully surprised and happy since I kept my expectation for the food low. It's really not that bad, especially when seasoned. Play with it!

I'm excited about my next order now that I know what foods I like and don't like. Plus, I'm having a lot of fun planning, cooking, and learning what foods are good for lean and green meals. (Stuff that'll be important for maintainance phase later!)

Good luck!
sarabrooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:11 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 165/146/125

Height: 5'2"

Getting our first medifast order tomorrow! Can't 'weight' to see the burn
loving the great advice and so glad i found another resource for medifast WOOHOO! \o/
max4pups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 02:22 AM   #25  

S/C/G: See sig for ticker and blog

Height: 5' 2"

Hi. I just ordered too. But I got it through ebay since the horror stories about customer service put me off (plus I sent three inquiries in- it's been 2 months and they haven't replied- I only saved about $12 but I guess if you're going for the long run, its best that way).

But YAY!

I'm outside the US currently (and they don't send outside the US) so I've had the last two months to really research the diet and get some good feedback/recipes.
Escape from Obesity Blog (HAHAHA I didn't see Lyn link you there- it's her blog- she does a fantastic job)
Cooking With Medifast
ONE TSFL Blog
Defragged Blog Recipes
Are a few good Starting points.

I have planned everything from my first order (this was scrapped after I decided to buy what I can get from eBay), to every single lean and green meal I will be consuming for the next 16 weeks, to my scheduled exercise plan (although this will be dependent on what my body can handle). I'm fairly active and don't eat a lot so I don't think I will have a lot of the common side-effects that people complain about (except headaches but that's because I suffer from migraines and the reduction in calories will trigger that).

Another thing I've heard is to get good condiments like dressing/sugar free syrups and stuff like that.
Walden Farms
DaVinci Gourmet
and a host of other companies make sugar free/calorie free dressings and syrups and while they are a little pricey (4.99 - 7.99 /12oz + shipping), I think it could be a good investment.

Also- MF restricts your condiment intake- so it's good to keep a track of this - especially if you're using spices/syrups/other stuff to enhance the flavor of the MF meals as well- most recipes for L&G meals use the entire or most of the allotted daily snack+spices quota.

If you are eating a Maintenance Bar; MF recommends you only eat one a day and do not eat a MF Snack (not meal) that day. Crunch Bars however, there are various things floating around, but I scoured the MF literature and it says that you can sub all 5 MF Meals with CRUNCH bars.

MF also recommends that you hydrate powdered food for 24hrs, but really you need to find what works for you- there are people who prepare and eat immediately to people who hydrate food for 48 hrs; and they both like the food the way they prepare it and not the way the other does. This is ALSO true for the various food items. I've heard people say they HATEABSOLUTELYDESPISEWILLKILLYOUIFYOUGIVEITTOME the oatmeal and others say that it is their ABSOLUTE FAVORITE MF meal.

I plan to try all the MF meals (not the snacks & Maintenance Bars though) except the ones I cannot (anything with meat other than eggs and chicken). But I'm not holding my breath on my attempt since it really depends on availability. You can follow my quest on my Blog (link below); but I don't start till August 8th.

Last edited by painfullystoic; 07-30-2011 at 02:28 AM.
painfullystoic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 03:18 PM   #26  

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by painfullystoic View Post
I'm outside the US currently (and they don't send outside the US) so I've had the last two months to really research the diet and get some good feedback/recipes. ...

Another thing I've heard is to get good condiments like dressing/sugar free syrups and stuff like that.
Walden Farms
DaVinci Gourmet
and a host of other companies make sugar free/calorie free dressings and syrups and while they are a little pricey (4.99 - 7.99 /12oz + shipping), I think it could be a good investment.
Thank you for the recipe sites, i haven't really looked in to those just yet. I definitely found escapefromobesity's site - what a great resource - she's done a great job personally too!

On the condiments, I was looking at Amazon for some foods, but, I ended up getting mine WF dressings, PB2 (although I haven't tried it), Franks Buffalo sauce, Joe Jones' BBQ sauce via Netrition dot com (I don't think I'm allowed to post URLs just yet). I've found they have reasonable costs, and only 4.95 flat rate shipping (for the US). I don't know if they ship outside the US or not.

Yeah, I've found MF's technical support to be terrible...won't answer tickets. I called their 800# before joining, and they answered and were helpful. However, on the MyMedifast dot com board, I have found the Nutrition Support forum to be wonderful - supposedly they are dieticians and will answer questions. I sent in our favorite Ginger Glaze Salmon recipe, and they were able to comment on it on whether it was On Plan or not.

For Ebay, watch ebates dot come in October, eBay is supposed to come back to ebates then (according to something I saw on ebates). So, at least you can get a few more dollars coming back to you.

Sarabrooke: good job on your loss so far! I'm like you, I keep my expectations low, and then i'm happily surprised. I'm on my 2nd order now, and its interesting how I've nailed down what I like thus far. Also, I saw a little one in your picture - not sure if he is still little, but I think this can also help us help our families. I have two toddlers, and if they eat what I eat, for the most part, I feel like they are getting a healthy meal as well.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:02 PM   #27  

Oh, and I forgot to mention, on that netrition site, they sell the Walden Farms single packets of dressing, syrup, chocolate, etc. I ordered all of their dressing packets as well as some syrups. No refrigeration needed, so you can keep them in your purse. I tried one yesterday on a HUGE salad. I used Ranch Bacon (or soemthing like that). The salad already had some bacon bits, so I didn't really taste a lot of the dressing itslef, although it seemed to cover the whole salad nicely - I hate DRY salad...I'm one of those where I need every inch of my salad covered in a dressing

If you are in the US, and want bottles of some of these OP dressings/syrups/condiments....go to your Grocer's Customer Service desk and ASK for it. I've found my grocer's (Tom Thumb/Randalls/Safeway and Kroger) to be accommodating. I've also found Kroger especially trying to carry special needs foods.
Old 11-06-2023, 02:59 AM   #28  

Congratulations on placing your order and taking the first step towards your Medifast journey! To ensure a smooth experience, I recommend checking the status of your MobStub My Order regularly, so you can track your progress. Additionally, stay committed to your goals, stay hydrated, and don't hesitate to reach out to the Medifast community for support and advice. You're on your way to a healthier you, and that's something to be excited about!
jassieterlington is offline   Reply With Quote