Old 02-08-2011, 05:03 AM   #1  
Hungry Hungry Dancer

S/C/G: tickertickerticker

Height: 5'4"

Default fruit ?

i can't live without fruit..at least 3 a day most of the time..but ihave read during the weight loss phase of medifast you can't eat fruit

i also don't want to have to limit the amount of exercise i do

BUT i am really seriously considering medifast..it seems perfect except for the fruit and exercise issues....
blueballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 166/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Definitely no fruit from what I can tell. Lots of veggies (for your lean and green) are okay though. They do have the strawberry shakes or the fruit oatmeals or mango flavored (soft serve or pudding, I can't remember which...).

I'm also an exercise junkie...they recommend starting off easy then building up. They say no more than about 45 minutes, but maybe you can do some higher intensity workouts for less time.

I got my first box today ) I'll let you know how it goes!
jmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:36 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I was the same way- but you can order items like the fruit and nuts bars and fruit shakes, etc. So you can taste the fruit.

If you are committed to losing the weight you have to follow the plan EXACTLY. It won't be that bad to give up fruit for a few months IMO- what's worth more? A few pieces of fruit or being thin?

If you must give yourself a treat once a week- like 1 orange or something. But after a few days you'll see that you will be fine

I tried exercising one week and it totally STOPPED my loss- you are already doing a VERY low calorie diet on Medifast- so don't push your body too hard. Me personally I'm enjoying not exercising at the moment- once I hit a plateau I plan on exercising again (I still take walks and stuff but just nothing hardcore at the moment).

Last edited by beerab; 02-14-2011 at 12:37 PM.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:44 AM   #4  
1 day at a time =^.^=

S/C/G: 275/217/165

Height: 5'5"

No fruit while you are on the weight loss phase...fruit has natural sugars, which are carbs, too many carbs will take you out of ketosis (fat-burning mode). My primary care doc explained to me, this diet is only a TOOL for a relatively short amount of time, which will get your blood sugar (diabetes) and blood pressure in check.

I'm a vegetarian, and not having fruit drives me crazy, but it's worth it. Don't go off plan. You'll get cravings, and you'll ditch the whole weeks' work (and $) down the drain.

Good luck!
justducky2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:20 PM   #5  
Hungry Hungry Dancer

S/C/G: tickertickerticker

Height: 5'4"

i forgot about this post !

how is everyone doing ?

i love my fruity sugars and my fruity carbs, lol.......but really, i had to op out on the medifast.. it's cause my therapist said that it was a very bad idea for ME ...cause of my past history with a fairly warped relationship with food..

i hope it's a great tool for everyone else though...i am still curious about it..but i'm going to have to just stick to burning fat with my muscles..and losing weight the slow(er) way ..or less fast way..that sounds better, heheh

Last edited by blueballerina; 02-27-2011 at 07:22 PM.
blueballerina is offline   Reply With Quote