Old 01-31-2009, 12:01 AM   #16  
just starting WonderSlim

S/C/G: 290/ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Wow, Jacque!! That's awesome

Did you do the 1000 or 1200 calorie version, by the way?
roxy road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 11:04 PM   #17  
A pound lost is a gain!

S/C/G: 265/194.5/170

Height: 5'7"

I am on the 1000 calorie plan. I do the 5 drinks and a L & G. I am very strict with the calories and carbs. My thought is I was lax on these things for too many years now to have the successes I seek I have to watch my intake like a hawk! I have always had problems losing easily and it becomes more so as each year goes by. I am having great success with this plan and I don't want to sabotage my efforts!

Jacque
jakebabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:07 PM   #18  

Jacque,

You only do the shakes and not the entrees, oatmeal, etc?

Wendy
wendykm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:27 PM   #19  
Snazzy Person. :]

S/C/G: 166/149/130

Height: 5'5"

I am not on Medifast, and have really only heard of it a bit, but 1200 calories is wayyy too low! If you have 100 pounds to loose, and you start with 1200 calories, how low will you go when you have to get that last 15 pounds? Your body will go into starvation mode fast, and you won't loose more than 20 pounds eating that little. I'd go for 1500-1800.
katie m a r i e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 11:14 PM   #20  
A pound lost is a gain!

S/C/G: 265/194.5/170

Yes, I only do the drinks and the L&G. I tried some of the meals and bars. I really did not care for them that much and the drinks are plenty for me.

1000 calories is fine - Wonder Slim, Medifast etc. operate on a high protein, very low carb very fast weight loss. It is perfectly safe, you do not go into a "starvation mode" (if there is really such a thing - 2 schools on that). Bottom line on any plan is calories in - burnt calories out.

Jacque
jakebabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:36 AM   #21  
just starting WonderSlim

S/C/G: 290/ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

I ended up starting with 1200 (after talking to the WonderSlim folks, last week) and so far it's not bad.
roxy road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:40 AM   #22  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie m a r i e View Post
I am not on Medifast, and have really only heard of it a bit, but 1200 calories is wayyy too low! If you have 100 pounds to loose, and you start with 1200 calories, how low will you go when you have to get that last 15 pounds? Your body will go into starvation mode fast, and you won't loose more than 20 pounds eating that little. I'd go for 1500-1800.
You might want to reconsider exactly where you are posting this message. You say you are not ON Medifast... then why come here & diss the program? Those of us on Medifast or other similar programs are happy with these programs or we wouldn't be doing them. Feel free to cheer us on, but please don't get preachy.

I'm just sayin'...

Last edited by Beach Patrol; 02-02-2009 at 09:41 AM.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:10 PM   #23  
Winning the losing game

I'm on Medifast after being a serial dieter for more years than i care to remember. I'm a guy, and I'm eating 1,000 cals a day. First few days were a little difficult, but after two weeks I'm doing much better. I'm down 19lbs.
littlebigtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:12 PM   #24  
Winning the losing game

One more thing. I'm a stickler about the words lose and losing. Especially on a weightloss thread! LOL! Loose is what you clothes are after losing a lot of weight. Loosing? I'm not even sure that's a word.
littlebigtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:08 PM   #25  
MF'er

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'2" (5'3" on a big hair day)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Patrol View Post
You might want to reconsider exactly where you are posting this message. You say you are not ON Medifast... then why come here & diss the program? Those of us on Medifast or other similar programs are happy with these programs or we wouldn't be doing them. Feel free to cheer us on, but please don't get preachy.

I'm just sayin'...
I agree 100%

If my Dr. is ok with 1000-1200 calories, then SO AM I!
MsFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:47 PM   #26  
Claiming Victory!

S/C/G: 283/273/245 1st

I am not on Medifast or Wonderslim but I wanted to try it before but I didn't have the money for it because I wasn't working at the time. I always wondered if the shakes were good then they expanded it to include puddings, oatmeal and other things. I see in a magazine that a soap opera woman lost a lot of weight on MediFast and they gave a cheaper way of doing the program in the magazine. That menu sounds more interesting meaning I recognized some of the foods and know how they taste. Congrats on all of the weight loss and I wish you continued success!
LuvMyMr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:55 PM   #27  
Claiming Victory!

S/C/G: 283/273/245 1st

Let me say I am on a program where you start off a week on 1000 calories a day. I did this for a week and lost 11 pounds. I did it again for another week and lost 6 pounds. I then went for a third but seemed to stop losing weight. The third week about two or three pounds came off then I stopped so I understand how 1000 calories diet is preferred because I lost 20 pounds that month and that's amazing. My back stopped hurting and I was able to walk without being in pain or feeling like I was going to pass out. Again good luck to all on your goals of being healthy. Trust me I understand!
LuvMyMr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:42 AM   #28  
Operator265

I would certainly prefer that when someone starts a post with "I don't know anything about your program....." they would follow it up with

"could you explain how it works?"

Rather than, "and now I will tell you how much smarter I am than those dummies at Johns Hopkins."
Old 02-04-2009, 12:22 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 287/245/135

It is apparent that many people do not know about Medifast. They may think that it is a liquid starvation diet. I was on it for 10 months, I lost 81 pounds and I felt great and I do feel great. Medifast is backed by over 25 years of research done by Johns Hopkins and you can't argue with that. It is low calorie and low carb. All the nutrition that we need is in the supplements. It is hard to do an 800 calorie diet by just picking foods like protein, milk, veggies, fruit. We will miss a lot of nutrition. The MF supplements have all the required nutrition. No supplements or vitamins are necessary. You don't starve and after a few days when the body is in MILD ketosis your energy level skyrockets and mild ketosis keeps you in fat burnng mode. By implementing the lean and green, we learn how to make food choices and eat properly. It is funny, before I used to crave unhealthy foods now I crave things like scallops and Boca Burgers! My taste for junk has changed and I hope it stays that way! In addition, Medifast has a step by step T&M plan and walks you thru every phase in order to transition back to food 100%. MF, New Lifestyle, Optifast, Wonderslim, etc are not for everyone but it is the type of plan that has been working for me. I am NOT starving. I feel great and people tell me how much healthier and younger I look. I know that liquid diets of many years ago were not properly balanced and dangerous. Not so today if someone uses a plan like Medifast or Optifast. They have been medically researched and they offer transition assistance. I am glad that I found Medifast. It helped me lose 81 pounds. I am now doing Optifast to shed the last 68 pounds. We all have to do what works for us. I have done great on less than 1,000 calories a day. No medical problems, no sickness, no starving!

Last edited by GETTINGTOGOALIN2009; 02-04-2009 at 12:30 PM.
GETTINGTOGOALIN2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:27 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 287/245/135

Well said!!!!

I agree!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operator265 View Post
I would certainly prefer that when someone starts a post with "I don't know anything about your program....." they would follow it up with

"could you explain how it works?"

Rather than, "and now I will tell you how much smarter I am than those dummies at Johns Hopkins."
GETTINGTOGOALIN2009 is offline   Reply With Quote