Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 01:31 PM   #1  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Default September Medifast Chat

Wow, It's September already! Kids are back to school and we have Holidays right around the corner to plan for.

Now that everyone is getting back from vacation, and before the Holidays hit. It's time to really stick to plan and get the scales down before we have to hang our heads for the dreaded New Years resolution. I have to many other issues in my life that need the spotlight of that New year's resolution so I need to get this one done once and for all!
How about you?
Old 09-02-2008, 03:21 PM   #2  
Releasing the inner hiker

Ok, I have recommitted starting today. I had a month off and gained quite a bit back, but today is a new day! I agree Djay...now is the time to get refocused before the holidays hit!

Hope everyone is well!
Old 09-02-2008, 09:56 PM   #3  
Blue Blood

Good for you Jen! I bet you will loose alot of that weight pretty quickly after a whole month. Kind of like the first time you went on Medifast. I can't wait to hear your first week results!
Old 09-03-2008, 08:58 AM   #4  
I feel blah..

S/C/G: 217.5/193.0/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi Ladies. I haven't been around in a while.

I am not on plan haven't been in a few months now. I have 7 weeks worth of MF food sitting in the closet for when I am ready to recommit.

RL is real hard right now, we in the process of buying a home (boy house shopping is stressful) and I'm stressing over where I'm going to live when my lease is up because nothing is working in my favor right now.

I lost 30lbs on MF in 6 weeks!! I have gained about 5lbs back. I need things in my life to calm down right now before I recommit.

I just wanted to stop by and say hi
Old 09-03-2008, 11:49 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 178.5/173.5/135

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone. Today I start my second week of MF. When I weighed this morning I was down 5 lbs!! WOOHOO!!!!

Also... please include me in the group that "doesn't hate" the oatmeal. Note: I don't LOVE it.... but I don't hate it.

This plan has been so easy. Well... after the first-three-day-grouchies were over. I love it so far.

YAY!
Old 09-03-2008, 06:15 PM   #6  
Blue Blood

Lacy Doesn't it feel good to see the scale drop like that?! Keep up the good work! I'm with you. I don't hate the oatmeal either. I ad a packet of sweet-n-low and some cinnamon and it's pretty good. It's pretty easy for me to prepare at work also, so I ordered alot of it this time.

Welcome Sneeks! Glad to have you hanging out and chatting! Maybe you will get inspired to start again. Sounds like you did great! I finally decided that the stress was just going to be in my life from time to time and I needed to learn to deal with it without my old crutch of food. But Understand needing to be in the right frame of mind to start! It took me 6 years to stick with anything for over 1 week!

I have had some sort of virus this week that has slowed my excersise down. I didn't do ANYTHING over the long weekend. And my weight loss really slowed down. I have been doing my walking atr a slower pace for the past couple of days...I hope it is enough to move the scale...I am so close to going from obese to just overweight!
Old 09-04-2008, 06:06 PM   #7  
Oh yeah? Just watch me!

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

oh my gosh ladies, I cant seem to get in a moment to post, know that I am reading all your wonderful words, and following along with enjoyment. Djay, I love how positive you are, I love to see your smiling face! Glad to see all the recommitings! I havent lost ANY weight but the inches are still going down! so, OK, eventually, it'll have to move again, no prob. Im excited that my youngest is starting school this monday and I will have MOnday, Wed, and Friday to myself for a whole 5 hours! Oh, how much excersicing and showering I can Do! Yay! Feeling fit and wonderful, talk with you all soon, and keep up the good attitudes! With love, Missy
Old 09-04-2008, 06:23 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 315/296/165

Ok so today it dawned on me..."It is September and I have not subscribed to the thread yet, that is why I have not gotten any updates in my email!!"
I can't believe it is Sept already, I will hopefully have a new niece by the end of the month unless she decides to be stubborn like my sister and myself and make us wait until Oct. My DD is so excited to have another little girl around, my DS is your typical 9 year old, need I say more.

I just cannot get motivated right now to get out of the chair and exercise! I have been sooooo tired lately, more than usual, and know that I NEED to get up and work my butt, I just can't motivate myself.

Pray for my best friend, she is a super mom to 4 kiddies who just found out that she is pregnant again only this time with twins. This pregnancy was not planned but they are taking what God has entrusted them with but she is also scared because we have had several friends who have miscarried lately, all around the 20-32 week range. Pray for her to have a peace about this pregnancy.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:28 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 165/165/130

Height: 5'7"

Hi Guys!
I just ordered my first month of medifast today. I'm really excited to see if this works! keep your fingers crossed.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:54 PM   #10  
Blue Blood

Welcome vera! and good luck to you.
I can tell you that Medifast does work! As long as you stick to it. I have been trying to get this weight off for 6 years and this is the first time I am seeing real success!

Gator I will pray for your friend. She sounds like a very strong and rightious woman. It is good she has the support of good friends like you too. I feel your pain on the excersise. I still have to force myself. I hope that if I keep doing it that it will get easier. So far...nothing. But I do feel guilty now if I go more than one day without walking...so I guess that is some progress.

Missy, We all want to see the scale moving...but you are getting the real results that we are all looking for! To look and feel healthy and confident. So you are doing something right! Keep doing it and the scale should follow in time.

Well, Today was a great day!...Not only did I find pants that were long enough for me...they were a size 16!!!!!!!! A little snug...but I can certainly wear them! In April...I finally had to admit that I could no longer wear an 18...and broke down crying when the size 20's I bought fit without being baggy...and now...I can wear a 16!!! Feelin pretty HOT here!
Old 09-05-2008, 12:34 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 299/240/170

djay.... I love size 16 jeans (granted, I haven't seen them in some time) I will see them again some day soon. Keep up the good work!

Missy....You sound great! Do you have as much energy as it sounds?

Jen.....good for you lady!!!

gator....I will pray for your friend. I would be going crazy!

so, I started exercising this week. I am very sore! yeasterday my dog was hit by a car and died. Thank goodness my 3 year old wasn't home. he keeps saying, "sydney is with jesus!" At least he doesn't know what that really means.

I have had major stress lately and haven't been op exactly. I do really well 4 days a week. the weekend is terrible. also, I am still having that constipation issue even with the benefiber. I ordered a colon cleanse so I hope it works. keep op ladies. djay is right about getting ready for the holidays. I want to lose 20 lbs more before xmas. very doable!!!
Old 09-05-2008, 08:52 AM   #12  
Blue Blood

Oh Romans...I am so sorry to hear about your dog. How traumatic for you! It is good that the 3 year old wasn't there though. How old was your dog? I am a huge animal lover. I know it is like loosing a member of the family.

Maybe now that you are working out it will help with all this stress. As for the soreness, one of my weightloss buddies calls that goddess pains. It is all part of revealing that goddess within you that you have covered up! Keep up the good work!

D
Old 09-05-2008, 06:56 PM   #13  
Oh yeah? Just watch me!

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/140

Romans, I actually let out a gasp when I read your post, I am so sorry to hear this news about your dog. My 4 year old talks to me about "Perrito" about 4 times a week and he's been gone for over a year! Those little things sure do get into our hearts! Are you drinking enough water AS you work out? When you work out your mucsles you release lactic acid, you need LOTS of water to flush it. Bananas help alot too to deliver the acids out of your system. And dont forget LOTS of stretching befor and after.
Djay, I felt the same when I could no longer fit into my 16s. I hated that day... with 16's too small that knocked me out of "regular" stores.
Gator, When I was pregers with my 1st ds I wanted him to be twins... when I was with my 2nd ds I prayed that he wasnt! Twins are alot of work, Hopefuly your friend has a great support system, well, with friends like you...
Veramarie, what a beautiful name! Good luck, echoing Djay, if you stay On program you will lose weight! Keep us posted!
Well, weekend is here, busy week this week! kids in school! All sorts of stuff going on! Tonight some friends are all getting together for drinks. They all know I cant drink, I get tea or something. Celebration for my birthday... y'know, happy birthday and stuff. It was a few days ago but, what can you do? in the middle of the first week of school and all. Gotta go, be good Missy
Old 09-05-2008, 11:13 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 299/240/170

Syd the dog was only 10months old. we were fostering her and then decided to adopt her when my son got so attached. every time the dog opened she would burst outside knocking down anyone/thing in the way. she just ran out into the street and the rest is history. we rushed her to the emergency vet but it was too late. our other dog (daphne 8yrs old) was wandering the house looking in all the rooms like "where's my bud?"

on an up note, my dh and I have a date tomorrow! yippee! we are going to Night of Joy at Disney. I am super psyched. I am a huge CAsting Crowns fan!! oh, and I went down a size in pants today!! trying on stuff for the big date. I think I am losing inches! scale still says the same. At least it is not going up!

good work ladies and keep it up.
blessings,mistie
Old 09-06-2008, 09:28 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 315/296/165

Romans...I am from central Fl and used to go to Night of Joy every year, I miss going. I love Casting Crowns too. We have a similar thing here in NC at Carowinds, Christian Music Day, but it doesn't touch Night of Joy...enjoy it for me too

Ladies-We are dealing with TS Hanna today, we are getting some wind but mainly rain. I have been through hurricanes so this is nothing but we are waiting to see if Ike turns and comes up our coast this week and then Josephine is right behind him. There is a lot of flooding going on in and around Raleigh this morning so please keep this area in your prayers.

Hopefully I will not snack all day since we are stuck inside
Closed Thread