Old 09-11-2002, 06:44 AM   #31  
she who must be obeyed

I'm bumping this up for us to remember where we were one year ago today.

Debbie
Old 09-11-2002, 09:21 AM   #32  

Hi Everyone:
Normally I am on the somercizers list but I want to tell
you all my heart is with you my American cousins.
Today I wore red white and blue, and I will be
attending a service at Toronto City Hall on my lunch
hour.
God Bless America.
Love,
Anne.
Old 09-11-2002, 09:25 AM   #33  
Post acholic!

God bless you all...
Old 09-11-2002, 12:37 PM   #34  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I wasn't on the web last year at this time cause the was just teeny.

When I read these I could feel and hear the panic in all of you all over again. I remember saying to myself "is this the end"

Huggs and Kisses !!!!!

We shall overcome !!!

Love Leenie
Old 09-11-2002, 08:33 PM   #35  
Old Cackler

Default oh MAN!!!!

a year ago today, i watched all this from a hospital bed, and i was so taken with the response of the hospital personnel. the hospital itself went on immediate alert, since it's less than 30 miles from nyc.

and these people did their shifts, many of them extended, and then went to ground zero to do whatever... the respiratory therapists, physical therapists, nurses aides, whatever. they all went and did whatever had to be done, whether it was tending to asthmatics or hauling garbage or serving meals.

and then they showed up again for their work shift to take care of their patients, including me. and i listened. and breathed. and worked on getting better.

and today, we assembled in the conference room in the meadowlands of secaucus, which overlooks the entire nyc skyline. everyone there last year watched the whole thing in the distance. and we had a moment of silence. and quite a few tears.

never again!!!!
Old 09-11-2002, 10:40 PM   #36  
Senior Chicky

Angry

I'm not sure what I can say. So many emotions are running thru me and I see that quite a few of my chicky friends who posted prior to that time don't seem to be posting much since.

DH left for about an hour or so earlier this afternoon to check on a job and I thought damn, finally ! I can catch up and post NOT ! I read this thread and was crying from the memories. I thank you Deb for pulling this back up. I thought I remembered but realized today what I had lost in those memories.

We spent most of our day at a funeral but (the newsaholic that I am) I had the morning news on before we left. As soon as I watched and listened to the names being read (and here in Houston they did a split screen for Memorial services & Ground Zero) I was torn up. I couldn't help but continue to share grief for the lives that were ripped from our country & their families, but also feel grief for the many military personnel ( and their families) that instantly became our defenders. Defending what so many of us believe the United States of America believes in and stands for.

I made myself watch the coverage. Maybe I can shut things out. But I feel so guilty. Their are so many, many people who are still suffering loss that cannot. It has been mentally difficult. I am sick of seeing the Twin Towers fall over and over again. I am even asking myself - Why the **** do they keep showing that????? But how many times do they see it in their minds? I also keep asking myself-Why did God Bless you more?

Wow, sorry ya'll - a very emotional day. God Bless Us All.

J

Last edited by MamaJ; 09-11-2002 at 10:51 PM.
Old 09-12-2002, 05:55 AM   #37  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

I miss susan Taw she was very clost to there i have not seen her post in quite a while. i hope her leg damage has gotten bettter. if you do read this Susan my heart is out to you and all those of you who were touched directly and indirectly by this horrible event!