Old 09-03-2001, 09:42 AM   #1  
Merry Christmas

Talking Atkins Anyone?

Is there anyone out there on the Atkins plan who wants to give and get support?

I have been on the plan before with good results, but fell off the wagon. Now I am ready to get started again. But, I need LOTS OF SUPPORT.

I need someone willing to post daily or even email one on one. I love that even more!!! I am willing to do the same!!!! I need steady reliable friends who are in it for the long haul.

A little about me:

I am married, 3 grown kids, 10 grandkids and soon to be 50 years old in December. (I really want to lose some weight and in be better shape than ever by then! ).

My husband and I own a dairy farm, but I work off the farm as a legal secretary. If you want to know more, please feel free to ask.

ANYONE OUT THERE WANTING A DEDICATED FRIEND FOR SUPPORT!!! Please post here.

We can have some fun and lose a lot of weight too!!!
Old 09-03-2001, 10:59 AM   #2  

Hi Fat Free!

I am an Atkid, currently doing a slightly more liberal (afternoon chocolate cheats ) plan, but am starting to get serious for September! I love eating low carb, as it has made me feel so much better in every way. (except my husband is still annoying, and my house is no cleaner, lol )

I love Atkins because you get that initial rush of feeling good from Induction, and can use it as a tool to get back on track after any "days off."

You may want to join the "Halloween Challenge" and hang out with a committed bunch! We also have a "daily" thread that we use to talk about what's going on with us individually and you can tell all there! And if you want any specific info, just start a thread, and people will answer soon. The weekends can be slow, so be patient!

And sometimes there is a menu thread- to look at what others are eating, and you can ask for help or just keep yourself accountable, that really helps me!

I'll bring up the Bio thread, tell us about yourself! Oops! That reminds me, I haven't updated my own bio, I'll do that today.

See you tomorrow!
dottie
Old 09-03-2001, 11:13 AM   #3  

Default FOUND: A Friend :)

Good morning, Carol.

My name is Joanne. I have been on Atkins (not including off OP days) for about 3 weeks now with a total loss of 11 pounds (was 12 yesterday ).

I am going to be 38 in February. I have been married 7-1/2 years to a wonderful (usually) man (John). I have 4 step-children: John, Jr. (27); Jim (25), Jennifer (13), and Brandon (11-1/2). We (John & I) have a son, Shane (6). I, too, have grandchildren (thanks to my two adult step-sons): From John - Raeven (5); From Jim: Casey (10); Angel (9); Mason (7); and Tamarah (5).

I've really been struggling these past 2 weeks with staying OP. Too much stress, PMS, etc. I'm trying. Got the doctor to renew my allergy meds and have finally lost that stuffy, achy feeling finally.

I'd love to do some one-on-one e:mailing.

Last edited by jdoneil1; 09-03-2001 at 06:47 PM.
Old 09-03-2001, 11:25 AM   #4  
Merry Christmas

Default Hello

Thanks Dottie and JoAnne: I need all the help I can get. I am just starting back OP today and also hope to start walking again.

If you want to email me, please do so at [email protected]

I am going to check out those other threads you suggested to Dottie.

So Atkins here we go!!!!!! We can do this together I just know it.
Old 09-03-2001, 11:41 AM   #5  

Default Atkins too

Hi Carol and others. I'm also on Atkins. Every now and then I go back to Sugar Busters just because of the variety of foods, but Atkins is the best plan for me. I can lose much better. I too need support. I check in on about three Boards a day in order to get the support I need.
I'm 54 years old; married 33 years; two grown sons and four grandchildren who are the love of my life. I work outside the house - I'm the Village Clerk here in my hometown. A very stressing job and the reason I need support so after a bad day I don't head for the refrigerator.
Would also love to email.
Linda

Last edited by LinMae; 09-03-2001 at 12:21 PM.
Old 09-03-2001, 01:31 PM   #6  
Senior Chicky

Wink I'm not an AtKid, But

A committed low carber! Does that count?

Welcom Fat Free Me and Lin! Joanne!

Though my LC plan is different I could not make it without all the support and motivation offered on this board! So count me in as a LC friend!!

Hope you'll join us in the Halloween Challenge ! Oops, just remembered I haven't joined in yet! Okay, so I'll see ya there!

Welcome!! WE ~LCers ~ Offer ~ Motivation & Encouragement,
Get it? WE LC O M E !! Oh gosh.....this rain better stop, I'm getting goofy (er)

Janice
Old 09-03-2001, 03:17 PM   #7  

JANICE!

That is too great!

I love it, see how motivating you are!

d.
Old 09-03-2001, 04:25 PM   #8  
Refreshed

Question Motivation....

Hello.

How do you all stay motivated with exercise? While I am a low-carb Sugar Buster's fan, I too cheat every now and again.

I'm at the point where I need motivation to exercise more often and I can't seem to find it. I used to walk/run a mile every day, but the weather is unbearable!

I was curious as to what motivates you.

Sincerely,

April Marie

Last edited by Durian; 09-03-2001 at 04:40 PM.
Old 09-03-2001, 06:55 PM   #9  

Default Motivation = Dog

Hello.

April Marie (what a beautiful name) - My #1 motivator for walking? My Sharpei, Buster. Although, to be quite honest, even he couldn't motivate me much this summer. We had one heat wave after another. Even Buster didn't want to go walking (not even when it was dark and the temperature had dropped back to the mid-80s). During that time I tried to do some basic Yoga stretches a friend had shown me (quickly followed by an ice-cold shower because it was too hot for even that little bit of activity).

If you don't own a dog, how about volunteering to walk someone else's dog. Sometimes, when the weather is fair, I'll offer to walk my neighbor's dog after I've walked Buster. She has two high-school age kids with very active social lives and does a lot of volunteer work. Her dog has Arthritis (sp?) and gets very stiff without her daily walk. I was walking my elderly neighbors dog every now and then, also (last spring). But the poor thing was very old and had to be put to sleep (the dog . . not the neighbor).

My #2 motivation for walking: Books on tape. I LOVE a good story and am a bit of a history buff. I buy or borrow from the local library books on tape. Then I only allow myself to listen to them while I'm walking or riding my exercise bike. As I'm always eager for the next chapter, it's not hard to find an excuse to move my tush so I can listen to the tape.

Hope some of these help.

Old 09-03-2001, 08:17 PM   #10  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

EXERXCISE MOTIVATION

YOU GOT IT!!!

and welcome FFM and AM, we are welcoming group please join us in our challenges and our dailies and on our wagon (just for diet related things, such as monitoring our challenge progress and falls, and getting back up)

As for the exercise thing it takes about 4-6 weeks of regularly exercising before you really want to go and really miss it when you do not. if you read different books you will find many refereces to the beifits of the exercise, i could go on and on but i will not i am going to start a weekly exercise challenge
Old 09-04-2001, 07:46 AM   #11  
Merry Christmas

Default Welcome to all!

Seem like we have all kinds of motivation in here now.

[B]\LETS GO LADIES. WE ARE GOING TO DO IT!!!![[B]

Welcome to all you wonderful ladies. Seems like we have got a good group started here.

I agree that exercise is one of the most important things we can do for ourselves. Some days I don't feel like it either, but I make myself!! Sometime I just say to myself that I will just do it for 10 minutes, but once I get started I always walk at least 2 miles. I get that motivated once I start.

So you kind of have to talk yourself into it once in awhile for just a few minutes, but then you will do it!!!! I guarantee it!!!! After a while you do miss it when you don't walk at all. I did anyway.

I have joined the Halloween Challege also. Lets do it gals.

Have a great OP day to all of you. I will check back tonight and see how we have all done!!!

Hanging in there with Support!! Hugs