Old 09-02-2001, 01:23 PM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default In Case You Are Wondering.....

.... there is another Low Carb Group under "other Groups".

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...referrerid=814

Nice to have choices.
Old 09-02-2001, 05:43 PM   #2  
Slimwithin

Default "No chit-chat, just kick butt"???

Sure looks like a lot of chit-chat to me but what do I know?
Old 09-02-2001, 05:58 PM   #3  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

25 moved down there and is hoping to get it to be just kick butt, that is what she intended this one up here to be but it started to get to wordy then the fiasco last week.... well she did not want to cause problems up here so she moved down there. she does have some great kick but attitudes, and i sure hope that it is ablt to stay the kickbutt way that she wants. any body can stop down if they want. the chatter is just to into eachother now. (I hope) I do know that there is also another atkins up in buddy up forum or on diet plans. I tried to post up there and invite them down but got no responce, even to the recipe links but oh well.
Old 09-02-2001, 06:28 PM   #4  
Senior Chicky

Default I'm Sorry, But I Think it's a bit sad...

I truly do not understand why there has to be one exclusive thread for some people. I'm sorry that anyone feels that support of that sort should not be offered to everyone on the LC site. I am not into personal gratification. I do not understand why one supposed LC "support" thread is all that should be offered, There are so many wonderful regular posters that have offered their love, knowledge and support on various threads that I don't understand why they or he/she was compelled to move. The only reason I see AT THIS POINT is for personal recognition.

I don't care if it's called a bus or a wagon....the struggle is the same. If I offend anyone here, I'm sorry. But the truth of the matter is this....As the referred to "support" thread was going on, how many offered any support on any other thread? A handful of great chicks did, but when the continuous efforts to bring all together brought what some felt was "pressure", what has happened? Some sincere chicks shared their warmth and knowledge/experiences...and others move on. Why?

Hello.....support is what we (as the most part) have offered each other thru depression, gravings, death, illness, mood swings, good days/bad days, kids being hurt in sports, silly DH stuff, and on and on. I am very offended that SOME have benefited from the support that we have offered but seem to want to have it all "THEIR WAY" and not offer support in return.

I wish everyone well but if they are not willing to get what they receive (as in the form of knowledge, motivation and support), I guess that some are where they are the happiest.

Again, please , I do not mean to offend anyone. We have always welcomed anyone and everyone. Those who have attemped to exclude us have at times been offensive and I'm sorry, but I am offended now. I'm only being honest.

Ruth~~Ya gonna swat me????

Last edited by MamaJ; 09-02-2001 at 06:36 PM.
Old 09-02-2001, 06:42 PM   #5  

I agree with ya, Janice. I was made to feel rather funny here with all that mess last week cuz I am not 'ghung ho LC all the way' for myself at this time.

I really care about you guys, tho and feel like we are all 'family', so to speak. We have been very welcoming to others in the past (pooky is an example that comes to mind) and so I don't know where the 'separate-edness' feelings came from. I too suspect personal recognition - I loved it when our Ruthie said someone couldn't 'own' a thread! lol

We have all been so nice and gentle with each other here for so long - I don't want to see anything change that. And I also wish that for others, whereever they find it!

Kel
Old 09-02-2001, 07:00 PM   #6  
Slimwithin

And who says we don't know how to "kick butt" here anyhow? Look at the challenge posts we used to have. We really should get that going again. It was a great motivator.
So, instead of feeling bad because some people decided not to stay here, we should be working on making our site even more welcoming and user friendly than it already is (and that's a lot)
But, I see no need to change our daily thread in any way. It's warm, wise, witty and welcoming and who could ask for more?
Old 09-02-2001, 07:20 PM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Oh My!

Well..... I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't sooooo............

Gonna lock this thread because it could catch on fire. We don't want to singe any more chicken feathers.

The Wagon can keep rolling until Tuesday morning. If anyone still wants it, please feel free to start it up. Same goes for The Daily.

This LC Board is too precious and supportive to me to see it get all divided up. However, it is your board so .... over to you!

Right now, I'm gonna have a glass of wine and post my day on the Daily for the Weekend.

Passing the wine around to everyone with a bit of cheese.

xxx Ruth