Old 02-02-2005, 12:48 AM   #16  

Good evening.

Well, I'm kinda in freakout mode since I haven't really dated since I was, like, 15 years old. I fully intended to ask the nice baseball dad out for coffee, in a casual, friendly way but he beat me to it and asked me out on a date. So I'm a bit befuddled and feeling very awkward this evening - I can't believe I'm feeling this kind of stuff at 45.

I'll comment to everyone in the morning when I, possibly, will be feeling a bit more 'together'.

Kel
Old 02-02-2005, 05:54 AM   #17  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Aww Kel,
happy that yo uhave those feelings! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Stuffy nose this morning so out of bed I am catching up on the news and reconciling my checking account.

see you all later, I want to hear about kels date.
-L
Old 02-02-2005, 07:02 PM   #18  

C'mon Kel! I want to hear about the baseball dad. Trust me, there are times I'd like to find out what it's like to date (only when DH is being a poophead!). Post the details girl!

Chickadee
Old 02-02-2005, 08:59 PM   #19  

Sorry to disappoint but the date hasn't happened yet! He has 3 boys that he shares custody of and this is his week 'on' so it probably won't happen until next week, or maybe on Sunday? He called me at noon today just to see how my day was going and if I was dealing with things ok - lol, so sweet.

Oops - just hope from boys' baseball practice and I've gotta whip something up for dinner. Chat at ya later!

Kel
Old 02-04-2005, 04:06 AM   #20  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Hey Ruth that sure was cold weather wan't it?? i can sure sympathize with your cold trip in the snow for the wood. My car(DD2's) would not start and I was trying to call home to get DD to come get me with MY car, and well SH thought I was just harrassing Kate as I kept calling back every time the answering machine would pick up so he hung up on me 3 times. so I had to walk home the mile to and from work (back the next day) it was not untill after I got back to owrk that I saw the temp - 18 (F) BUT again I was very angry and well i guess you can say that the sidewalks cleared with every step of any snow that had accumulated!! my anger was so great that you could have seen the red beacon for many miles!!!

So you ask how am I??? Don't. I now am starting with a cold HHHMMM I wonder why. that walk did me no help but neiter did tucking about 20 hours of over time above and beyone the 50+ that I usually put in. It is lighteneing up a bit. and I am happy for that. the sickies are trickeling back into work slowly but surely.

Kel let us know when the date is going to happen. We can all gather round and help pick the outfit and put on make up for you. I feel like a kid with a friends date!!!

Last edited by nasus40; 02-04-2005 at 04:10 AM.
Old 02-04-2005, 06:54 AM   #21  

friday morning-
just flying by to check on ya all- Sue, think how many calories you burned! (if you could burn calories just from being mad!) But the mile walk in cold weather was probably worth a lb. or so!

not much new here, quiet at work this week and I'm getting some down time to read. I am catching up on the 10th and 11th Lemony Snicket books, I was falling behind DN and must get caught up! they're fun at least.

boring day, no plans for the weekend either. must think of something, maybe a movie. Oh, right, superbowl. Yawn haha

off to work we go-
have a good one,
dottie
Old 02-04-2005, 04:37 PM   #22  
Owned by Dixie

Dotti, with you on the superbowl. I too will be at the movies...what? I don't know yet.

A strange week here. Older boy 11 as it turns out (whole day in the hospital and lots of test) passed 3 kidney stones! I can't get into too much detail, but it was not a fun 4 hours.

Little man has a double ear infection to top that. I am off to veg infront of the tv and catch up pn last nights telly.

be well,
-L
Old 02-04-2005, 05:30 PM   #23  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Wow 3 kidney stones!!! I feel so sorry for him I hope he is doing better.
Old 02-04-2005, 06:43 PM   #24  
Owned by Dixie

Thanks Robin!
He is doing just fine. I think once they hydrated him he was good to go. It is the follow up that I have to get my head around and find out "why" they are not very common in kids.
-L
Old 02-04-2005, 08:45 PM   #25  
Lovin' Life

Well thats good. Here's hoping its just one of those flukey things
Old 02-05-2005, 08:30 AM   #26  

Saturday morning-

L, hope the little guy is feeling better! Boy, you can never see this stuff coming, can you?

Hi, Robin, how're you doing?

It's a beautiful morning here, cold but bright and sunshiney! I just feel like cleaning! (NOT)
I do feel like cooking however, and am going to make some chili, and maybe a pie for DH. I've been so focused on work for the last month, it's nice to just think about home stuff. Maybe I'll start to paint the trim in the guest room!

Nothing else planned, just going to read and relax and do my chores!

have a good one,
dottie

i am going to post planned meals, as it helps me "see" the day better.

b-bacon and egg
l-tomato soup and cheese
d-hamburger w/fried onions (MIL request) carrots
d-apple
Old 02-05-2005, 11:11 AM   #27  
Lovin' Life

hi dottie, Ive been doing pretty good, thanks for asking Just getting over a bug thats found a home in me, Im doing alot better than I was.

My weight has been coming off slow but sure. Better than not at all!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Robin
Old 02-06-2005, 09:30 AM   #28  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

week is starting off with a bag here. what is new with that???

I am loaded up with stuff.

L I can sympathise with that poor child My SH almost passed out with stones so I can imangine what that child was like and how much fun to help him over that crissis.

Is today the superbowl?? I do not watch Baseball so I do not care. Too much real life stuff to deal with that sports is not my idea of fun enjoyment. Time to make another pot of coffee. the one I made at 4 am is gone. Danny (DOG) again has decided that he wants to go and run at that time. I l\ive in the city and SH lets him run and I do not so he wines for about an hour until he realizes that I am not going to let him run. Besides while i was walking him the cops were pulling in the drive to check the business next to me to do it's nightly drive by. So I have been up at 3-4 am every lday for the past week between work and the dog!!!!!

Well if any body want some coffee come and get it!!
Old 02-06-2005, 12:07 PM   #29  

coffee for me, Sue. I am up at that hour often, too- but it was nice to sleep in til 7 yesterday and today! I am making chili for dinner tonight for our NOT-Superbowl party. Well, that is just dinner for the 3 of us, but it will freeze well to take for MIL's freezer when we take her home next SATURDAY>
Did I mention that we are taking MIL home in 6 MORE DAYS? Less than a week? Saturday!!!
I am so mean.
But, she wants to get home as much as we want her home. she can't wait to be able to sleep all day and eat trash without me hovering and suggesting healthy nutritious snacks and meals. She can't really do much for herself, but will live on soup and ritz crackers. People survive on worse I suppose.

Well, I'm headed over DS for a little Scrabble with DN. She is into playing games, and we are enjoying this phase alot!

have a good weekend all-
dottie

b-spinach omelet
l-1/2 small bagel, cream cheese, apple
d- guacamole with baked chips and baby carrots, chili
Old 02-07-2005, 10:47 AM   #30  
Owned by Dixie

Happy Monday Chickies!

I have been for my lazer Hair removal this morning! It is painful and peeved I bought the numbing gell and it din't do CR*P!

Unfortunately I have auction meeting today but that is par for the corse. I wish I could show you what I am working on, but it is a little to close to home for the internet.

Kids are both feeling better, and that means I can get back to my busy life..
Hope you all are having a good day and although we missed it and I hope she lurks, Jiff just celebrated 3 years post op and I wanted to tell her congradulations.

-L