Old 11-26-2004, 08:38 AM   #16  

Smile

Nikki, I just remembered that I posted the mashed potatoes on one of the WW thread so I went searching for it and found it! Here it is. If you make your mashed potatoes with fat-free chicken broth, chicken bouillon cubes, or dry packets of chicken broth & seasoning mix instead of butter & milk, you can have 1 cup of mashed potatoes for 2 POINTS. Personally, mashed potatoes fills me up so that I don't overeat.

Aleka
Old 11-26-2004, 12:17 PM   #17  

Good morning,
I did stick to my plan, but later in the night, I really ate up the pie. About 1/2 of it and I woke up with paper plates all around me
I was scared to weigh myself, but surprisingly enough, I lost .6 of a lb despite my pie eating contest I was having with myself.
I did the WATP 2 mile and it was pretty easy, so I also did a sculpting tape from another program I have and it wasn't too bad either. I think I need that, to help build some muscle.
The pie was really good, the cake wasn't my favorite, the sweet potatoes were great. They were made with chicken stock, a little butter, cinnamon, and topped with bananas and 1/4 cup brown sugar. Even DD who doesn't like them, liked them.
Aleka, thanks for the recipe. I always make turkey and noodles with mashed potatoes after we have a turkey, so I will make them this way and save a little on the points.
Our weather is pretty nice today, in the 50's. They say it will drop into the 20's after today and I don't think I'm ready for it. I set up a heated bird bath and I think my outdoor activities will probably be over for the most part after today.
Aleka, are you shopping the sales today? I can't stand trying to shop in big crowds. I do want to go get one of those Scent Stories that is on sale at one of local stores. I have a coupon for $5 off so it will end up being around $20.
Have a nice Thanksgiving this evening with your DH.
Hi Anne and Lynn. Hope your both well. Take care everyone, Nikki
Old 11-27-2004, 08:38 AM   #18  

Hi,

DH & I got up very early this morning, got to Walmart at 6:45 am and had the store practically to ourselves. We did some shopping, getting some Christmas-y things for the house. Then we went out for breakfast, then to Home Depot before the crowds hit and we could actually find a parking space.

It has cooled off a little. It was in the 50's this morning and it's supposed to warm up into the 70's today. Starting tomorrow we're supposed to start getting warmer again, which means in the low 80's.

Nikki, glad you had a good Thanksgiving. Congratulations on your weight loss, especially over the holiday. I can't stand the crowds that are in stores the day after Thanksgiving. We did go to a little gift shop that was having 1/2 off on Christmas ornaments, but I didn't see anything the struck me. We went the back way to avoid the main road where all the traffic is. I usually avoid the mall, Walmart, & Target. Did you get to that Scent Store?

Hi Lynn & Anne

Enjoy your Saturday.
Aleka
Old 11-27-2004, 08:40 AM   #19  

Goodmorning All: We woke up to 7 inches or so of snow but still made it to Curves by 7:30. Yesterday was the day our friends moved into the new house. We spent the day putting up verticles and curtaines waiting for the furniture to arrive. The truck got their at 5:30!!! We were tired and left at 8, DH back was bothering him. I feel sorry for her, the furniture is too big for the house. They have down sized to a bungalow from a big 2 storey ( over 3000 sq. feet) We are going back today as we didn't get anything done but a be made up in the 3rd. bedroom becase her bedroom suite took almost all floor space in the master without the bed being put down. It will be an interesting day. I hope you had a good Thanksgiving Nikki, Happy shopping Aleka and enjoy your Saturday Anne. Later
Old 11-27-2004, 11:08 AM   #20  

Good morning,
I decided, I have to start to plan what I'm eating better. I do plan my menu, but my snacks are just anything I want and I have been trying to stick to my points, but in the evening, I sure can get carried away. I thought if I have some kind of plan, maybe that will help some. If I can stick to it that is,
Aleka, we went shopping in the afternoon yesterday at Walmart for groceries and staples. It wasn't too busy, but the store did have more people in it than usual. I am glad I'm giving the kids money this year. They can pick out what they want and I don't have to fight the crowds or worry that it won't be something they like. Their birthdays are coming up, DD #2 is the end of Dec, #1 is the end of Jan and DH's son is in March. It's an expensive time of the year.
Lynn, does verticles mean blinds? Or are they the kind that hang down straight? Or is it something else? That is too bad about your friends furniture not fitting. We have such a small house, it could fit into most peoples living rooms. The last time we bought new furniture for the livingroom, I had no idea that it might not fit. It did, but it's really kind of big for that space. That's one of those things that you don't even think about, until you have a smaller home. Our bedroom has a bed, one little dresser that is also used as a side table and an armour that the tv sets on top of.
DH took me out to eat last night. I'm afraid I over ate again. My official weigh in is on Monday, so I hope I'm not up from last week. This week sure has been a rough one for dieting.
Hey Anne, hope your doing ok and that you have a restful and good weekend.
Take care all, Nikki
Old 11-28-2004, 07:52 AM   #21  

Good morning,

It's Sunday, I'll start another thread.