Old 05-30-2004, 06:31 PM   #1  

Default LCFS week of May 30th

Hi,
Hope your all having a safe and enjoyable weekend. We came home from camping last night, because of the storms and I stayed home as the campground is now over run with people and screaming kids. I'm not into kids anymore. DH is amazed I had any at all, but I was a different person 26 years ago. Seems like kids were different then too. Or maybe, it's just me.
Anne, how'd the rest of the week go with ? How's your weather? I heard you got some frost up that way last night. I don't have any idea how much I've gained, but I know it's up there. I'm looking fat. I will start eating right and working out on Tuesday, when I can afford to buy groceries and also when this vacation from **** is over with
Lynn, we camp close to home because of the animals, gardens and also my daughter needs some help. There are some really nice campgrounds around here, but they are nicer when it's not a holiday weekend
Aleka, how's the house hunting going? I saw on the weather channel that it's in the 90's down there. It's hot and humid here, but not in the 90's yet. I bet there are bugs everywhere.
We are expecting another night of storms. Seems like it is a daily occurrance now. My strawberries are starting to rot on the vine, there is too much rain. The yard was looking like a river yesterday, it rained so much.
Take care, Nikki

Last edited by nikkic; 05-30-2004 at 06:34 PM.
Old 05-31-2004, 02:45 PM   #2  

Hi All: I was just finishing off a nice long post and I lost it. The same old story "haste makes waste" God that really piss's me off when that happens. Nikki, I'm with you I have no patience anymore, I hope I can be a nice patient grandmother with my GS. I can't beleive the storms you are having. We are getting more rain than normal but not many real storms. We are lucky here, because our temp's are lower than your's we don't get the severe storms. A few a season. Our temps are still only in the high 60's or so. Hi Aleka, have you had enough of Florida's humidity and heat yet? Hi Anne have you seen your boss yet? Not a bad weekend was it? Well that's it for now, must post before I do something stupid and loose another post, Later
Old 06-01-2004, 07:44 AM   #3  

Good Morning Ladies:
Nikki, I have been hearing on the news about the weather and all those
tornados That is awful!!!!!
I am back to goodyear blimp. I am determined to improve this month.
enough is enough. I haven't seen yet beleive it or not. I guess
she is still sharpening her horns I hear from my co-workers accross the
road that shes the same old as before. Why am I not suprised??

Hi Lynn, After all that bloody rain yesterday I hope we get a good one today.
I would really like to get out and walk around outside. I am so sick of that
Eatons centre!!!

Have a great day everyone.
Anne.
Old 06-01-2004, 09:57 AM   #4  

Good morning,
I'm back at it with the eating and exercise. Or should I say, I'm trying. I can't believe how out of shape you can get in 2 weeks. I can barely stretch out. Boy, it happens quick. I started the first tape of Slim in 6 this morning to do the program over again. I couldn't even finish it. But, it's a start and as I remember, this is the way I started last time. I will keep at it and it does help. I also found a diet in Womans World that I decided to start. It's only for 3 days and is mostly fruit and vegetables, with some protein and fat thrown in. Around 1000 calories a day, but like I said only for 3 days. Then after that, I'm going to just eat around 1800 calories of healthy food. I need to clean out my system after 2 weeks of nothing but junk. DH is really depressed, he went back to work last night. Fortunately, he is on vacation again in 2 weeks. I'm hoping the next one will not add another 10 lbs to me. Anne, I am at 221 today. I think I get to a certain weight, have all kinds of people tell me how great I'm looking and then I think, well, it won't hurt to go off my diet/exercise for awhile, and bang, I'm back to feeling fat again. I look at old pictures of me and I can see why people say that I'm looking great when I get to around 210, but I also can see myself and how I look at 210 and it's not that great. It's just great in comparison to how I use to look. I just get so tired of being good. Then I go the complete opposite and just don't care. I need to find that happy medium between the two extremes.
Lynn, I'm also wondering what kind of grandma I'll be. I wonder if it's a hormonal thing. When I was younger, I was very maternal, now that I'm in menopausal crisis mode, I can barely stand to be around children. None of the our kids want to have children right now, so I guess I've got time to get my head on straight. I know so many people (our age and older) that are raising their grandchildren (friends and family). It is mostly because of drugs and kids having children too young. We are so thankful that we aren't dealing with a situation like that. It sure seems like I see that more and more often.
It's a beautiful day here. I have lots to do in the garden, so will check back later, Nikki
Old 06-02-2004, 07:54 AM   #5  

Good Morning All:
Nikki I am ashamed to tell you but I weigh 225. I was 200 pounds at
christmas time. What the heck happened!! My clothes are getting
tight as a matter of fact I can't get into some of them comfortably. It
piles on so easy. I am planning on watching my Atkins tapes and listening
to my protein power casettes. Sometimes it helps me to try and capture
my will power that way. One things for sure, I ain't putting on any more
I am disgusted.

I'm not looking forward to being a grandmother. After five kids......Don't
get me wrong love babies and kids, just don't like the idea of grandmotherhood yet......

Hey Lynn, did you get any of those storms last night. Holy s---! Our weather has been nasty!!! We are suppose to get a nice weekend though.
No sign of yet. Its an uneasy feeling

Talk to you later.
Anne.
Old 06-02-2004, 09:54 AM   #6  

Goodmorning All: Anne Holy S--t about sums it up. Were is it all coming from. DH is out with a couple of his friends rescuing a paddle boat as we speak. If it soon doesn't stop the water will be so high my patio at the front will be under water. The good news is at least we don't have the horrible storms Nikki gets, we are just going to drown LOL. I hear you, Eaton Centre. DD has been prowling the under ground malls at lunch to stay dry. Sounds like we are all out of control. Time to get into gear. Maybe we are going to have to start using our posts to try and get our heads into our diets and exercise. I'm having a simply awful time with bread. I am buying a whole wheat low cal bread (Anne president's choice multi grain at 110 cal for 2 slices) but in the afternoon's can't stay aaway from it. Yesterday between lunch and dinner I had 4 slices, doesn't seem bad but I had a sandwich for lunch and 2 slices for breakfast!!!!! I have been like this for a while. Nikki I was looking at that Woman's World diet yesterday morning and had cut up a cantelope watermelon, strawberries and still ate bread. I do hate myself when I'm like this. I DREAD to think what I weigh. If I had scales here I might have to shot myself!!!!!!!! LOL. I still have a hard time getting my head around the grandmother thing. Until Blake actually calls me GM I can forget I am one! Yes Nikki, thank god we didn't have to go though raising our grand children. I don't think I could do it, but than we all do what we have to right? Anyway I will be back later to keep me out of the bread I hope.
Old 06-02-2004, 10:37 AM   #7  

Morning,
Aleka, I miss you and hope your doing ok. Your going from one extreme to another as far as weather goes. At least you know what Florida is like, so it's not a big surprise.

Anne, hope your first meeting with goes better than you think. She probably has a mountain of work to catch up with after being off all this time.
I lost 1 .5 lbs of water yesterday. I know it was water, as I was in the toilet all day long I am having a hard time getting back into exercise though, just don't wanna. I do it for about 15 min and then walk away. Maybe I need to do something different that holds my attention better.

Lynn, that diet is going pretty good. I'm eating more food than I usually do. At least, a larger volume. I also decided to eat 3 servings of yogurt a day with this diet, bringing the total calories to around 1200 a day. I've read several times that eating yogurt can help to decrease the fat around your waist faster than not eating yogurt. I buy Blue Bunny, it has 80 calories, live cultures, fat free and sweetened with Splenda. Some of them even taste good, black cherry is so good, you'd think it was cheating. That bread, boy do I go over board on that. I love toast and PB. Before I went off my diet, I was eating as much as you, if not more. I realized it was becoming a problem. I was replacing bread for fresh fruits and veggies. It was easier to fix and I craved it more. Did you read Dr. Phils book? I never did finish it, but one thing I liked was when he was talking about choosing to eat foods that need more preparation, over convience foods. I don't remember what he called it, but that was the idea. I might start that book over again. I find if I surround myself with things that help me to focus on weight loss, then I do a better job at it. When I watch tv, I try to watch shows about weight loss. I even have hypnosis tapes about weight loss that I listen to. Some are better than others. They are very relaxing and help to implant good suggestions into your subconscious. Of course, support from others is really important and I appreciate you guys so much. I've participated in lots of online threads, but this one is special. I don't feel any pressure here and know that I am still accepted, if I fall off the wagon (no matter how many times I do that ).
We can do this together you guys. Lynn, put down the bread. Now back slowly away and head for the cut up canteloupe. Anne, listening to your tapes is a step in the right direction. Make out some menus and shopping lists. It always helps me to get into the right frame of mind if I have a plan.
I have a list of things to do today that is a mile long, so guess I'll quit writing a book and let you guys go, take care, Nikki
Old 06-04-2004, 07:57 AM   #8  

Happy Friday Ladies:
Well, came in yesterday and she acted like an angel. She was
happy and polite and appeared to be happy to see me. She asked about
my kids graduations, my dad, all in all we had a pleasant chat for about
20 minutes. Mind you.......she can change back to on the flip of
a switch. I have had the Sylvia experience many times

Nikki, I got weighed today I am down to 219 but I am going to smarten up.
Some of my good clothes look like they are pulling in the hip area now.
Not a good thing

Lynn, it looks like we may be in for a wonderful weekend (for a change)
I meant to ask you. What did you think of Dalton's budget I am
REALLY p---ed off!!

Have a good one girls, Hi Aleka.....hope you are having a good time.
Anne.
Old 06-04-2004, 08:12 AM   #9  

Hi,
I have a virus in my computer. Norton Antivirus said it was there and unable to fix it. I went and ran a scan, but couldn't find it. My computer is now acting weird this morning, like the keyboard locks up or the pages don't always turn. Why do people do stuff like this? It is such a waste of brain power to and I can't see what kind of pleasure anyone could get out of it.
I just got the new updated Norton 2004 last week (and it's updated daily) my firewalls are up and all my microsoft downloads are current. I have no idea how this happened.

Anne, that's great that at least started off being nice. With people like that, it's always good to be on guard, like you said. That way, your never surprised when Dr Jekyl comes out

Our weather has been so nice and suppose to be a great day today too. I'm working 12-14 hours a day in the yard, since I know in no time it will be miserable out there and I won't want to leave the ac. I'm doing pretty good on the diet, but late last night, I ate a bunch of pb and crackers, gaining 1/2 lb back. I don't even like pb on saltines, it was just a late night need for salt and carbs I guess.

Well, better go work some of these calories off, Nikki
Old 06-05-2004, 01:08 PM   #10  

Hi Everyone: A very beautiful Saturday in the great north!!!! Anne isn't this glorious? I hope you have a great weekend. As for the little weasel Dalton the less said the better. He has probably cost the federal Liberals their election. I hate them all this election but was going to vote for the party that will keep our health care in place. I'm afraid the conservatives will dismantle health care. **** maybe I will have to vote NDP. An interesting side note I was reading Star or one of those scandle mags and thay have Bill Clinton involved with Belinda Stronah. To you USA ladies Belinda is a 30's something heiress to billions of dollars from the Magna Corp. She ran for Conservative leadership of Ontario but lost and is now running for a seat in the federal gov't. Nikki you spend so much time in the yard!!!were do you get the energy. I know what you mean about AC though. Our temps are only in the high60's to low 70's still and we are still getting over night frost warnings. I have cut my bread consumption in half. I hope to be "weaned off" bread by next week. I am addicted to bread and have to treat it like a addiction and have none. Aleka hope all is well with you miss hearing from you. Well I guess I will go DD is on her way up for a visit. Ds and family were here yesterday, Wednesday is DH's birthday. Goodluck to us all with controlling our eating this weekend. Back tomorrow.
Old 06-06-2004, 01:56 PM   #11  

Hi...It's Sunday so I'll start another thread.

Aleka