Old 09-12-2004, 08:29 AM   #1  

Default LCFS Week of September 12th

Hi,

Hope you're all enjoying your weekend. I'm off to meet my cousin for lunch later this morning. This may be our last time.

Nikki, thanks for letting us know about SS new books. I probably won't get the chocolate book either, but the recipe book looks like it will be interesting. I believe she is on HSN starting either Wed. or Thurs. and is going to be on until Sunday. I think that's what her website says. She must have a lot of stuff to sell if she's going to be on all that time. I probably won't watch too much of her because she's starting to wear a little thin. I always liked the interaction with SS & Colleen, but it doesn't seem to be the same anymore. Maybe it's just me. I can't stand SS & Lynn when they do the SSizing segment. The noises Lynn makes when she eats SS food turns me right off. We also use propane for everything, heat, dryer, and hot water. We used to pay monthly installments and at the end of the billing period they would adjust our last statement accordingly. That worked out pretty well. We stopped it once we knew we were going to be moving. Now we'll have to pay up front for every delivery. How was the car show?

ANNE, for your sake I hope they get a replacement for Tanya soon. Can you call in sick when you have to visit your son's teachers and doctor? We see that Ivan is still going a bit more west, and for the moment it looks like it will bypass most of the southern west coast of FL and make land fall north of where we're moving to. There still may be some high winds, but nothing like what would happen if it came ashore. We haven't stopped packing just yet, but we're on pins and needles as to whether or not we'll be moving next week.

Hi lynn

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Aleka
Old 09-12-2004, 10:39 AM   #2  

Good morning,
I can not believe it's already Sunday again, where does time go? I didn't go to the car show, I just laid on the couch all afternoon. I was justs pooped.
I redid my menu yesterday and decided that even though some food will not be eaten (by me anyway), that I will start to SS tomorrow. I'm going to try to do it by the book, as much as possible. Including, no caffeine and no cheating. Last time, that was what really worked. Then, I started to cheat, eating stuff off plan once a week, then a few times a week, then several times a week, you know the story. Anyway, that's the plan today, sure hope I can keep this in mind when the first challenge presents itself, like DH wanting to eat out at a favorite restaurant
I am so turned off by SS on HSN, I just wont' watch anymore. I think, it's become quite a money making affair and her husband has pushed her into doing more than she might have wanted to. Who knows? I do know, she is on way too much, like Adrienne or Andrew Lessman. I still enjoy reading her books and I do agree with the woe, so that's what matters. I was looking at her food on her website. The s&h is much less than what you'd pay HSN. I haven't ordered anything, most everything you can now buy locally (low carb stuff I mean) wish she would sell her products in the stores, but who would really pay the high prices if you compared the prices to Atkins or the other, less expensive brands?
Aleka, I hope Ivan continues to move away from your house. They said this is the worst storm season since 1964. Hope this doesn't happen again for along time. Do you have a generator? I read almost everyone down there has one, due to power going out.
What those poor people on Granada and the smaller islands are having to deal with. I feel so sorry for the Cubans and wish we could help them. They have nothing and now, even that has been blown away.
Anne, I'd call in sick to attend meetings with Davids teachers (or if you just need some time away from the stress. Stress can cause all kinds of illness). My dad use to call them casual days. He was very good about attendance, but every now and then, when he had to do something important for his family, but couldn't get the time off, then those casual days came in handy. You have to set your priorities and your family comes first. Like I tell my DD, you work to make money to live, you don't live to work. You have obviously not called in for along time, so if you do have to, do not feel guilty about it. Your a very dependable person and you've been a very good employee.
Hi Lynn, hope your enjoying your weekend.
I better get to the store and get my kitchen stocked. I have a few things that I need to get rid of first.
Take care, Nikki
Old 09-12-2004, 10:46 AM   #3  

Aleka, I noticed a while ago those noises Lynn makes. She makes some unusual noises when she's selling jewelry too. I use to like to watch her, but she gets on my nerves now.
I like Colleen. She has a lot of class and can be so funny. I think she does a great job. I like her better when she is herself though and not with SS. I think they use to have a lot of fun being silly together, then some one more powerful told them to keep doing that and it isn't spontaneous anymore. To me, it seems like they are forcing it and it's just not the same.
Old 09-12-2004, 12:31 PM   #4  

Hi All: SS is just like Atkins for all the product pushing and in my opion there are inconsistancys in programs that wern't there in the beginning of programs. SS's recipes often enclude to many of her products that I will not be buying with the exchange rate on Canadian dollars. I use her older books for ideas and recipes. Had a busy day yesterday, DD came for a belated B'day with Cooper. They have done an incrediable job with that dog in 3 weeks since I have seen them. I am still waiting to hear about Morgan. DH told me to back off that she isn't our dog now. I will wait a bit and than approach them again. Aleka I am still at the trailer. We usually stay until our thanksgiving (2nd Monday of Oct.) because of DH's golfing. In the next week or so we will start taking stuff to Wasaga and I have decided I am moving back around the last week of Sept. I don't know when DH is moving back probabley when I do , I mean who is going to put his meals in front of him? Anne sounds like you need "some mental health days" remember you are the only one that looks out for you. Time to think of you!!!!! well I guess I'm off to do I don't know but another beautiful to do it in. Hi Nikki
Old 09-13-2004, 08:09 AM   #5  

Smile

A Good Morning to you all,

We had such a beautiful day yesterday. It was in the 70's with some humidity, but it wasn't too bad. I think that we're in for a stretch of nice weather.

It looks like Ivan may miss some of the west coast of FL, down around where we're going to be. He keeps leaning more towards the west. I pity those poor people wherever he makes landfall.

Friends of our's were at their cottage over the weekend and they dropped in yesterday morning. We said our good-byes and it was kind of painful. I've known her since 1958. Then I met my cousin for lunch and had another painful good-bye. This is hard. I'm sure they'll be down for visits and I know we'll be coming to NH for our vacations in the summer.

lynn, you are so right about SS. I have seen a post or two on her website from the old timers who have been SSizing for quite a few years recommend new SSizers to buy her first two books and follow what is written in them. She is trying too sell too many products, but they are convenient. I bought some of her salad dressing. I made the Green Goddess dressing and it was delicious. I am hooked on her salad dressing. Glad that you're still at your trailer. It must be so nice there in the fall. Is it quiet during the week then busy on the weekends? That's the way it is around here. Enjoy the rest of your stay there.

Nikki, hope SS goes well for you today. Since we're trying to get our refrigerator cleaned out, I haven't been strictly SSizing. Most of my meals have been SSized. I have some turkey sausage, hamburg, pasta sauce, peppers, pepperoni, and cheese. So, I plan on making pizza using the sausage & hamburg as the crust. The only problem with this pizza is, DH & I eat the whole thing in one sitting. I too like Colleen. She was on a few weeks ago with Patti LaBelle. I had it on as I was going to sleep and I heard the both of them laughing up a storm and thought to myself that they were having a grand ole time for themselves. I went into HSN's BB the next day and a lot of people were talking about it and what a funny show it was.

ANNE, are you heading back to work today? Hope things aren't too stressful for you.

Have a great Monday everyone.
Aleka
Old 09-13-2004, 08:19 AM   #6  

Oops,

Forgot to mention. I read on SS website that as long as you have a steady weight loss, you now can eat fruit with other things, like cereal. That's something new. I may try it from the start and see how it goes.

Aleka
Old 09-13-2004, 12:09 PM   #7  

Goodmorning All: I have just spent a couple of hours on the www.lowcarbluxury.com and did you know they have a on-line magazine? You can even access the back issues. There is some great reading there. Remember when we were discussing the menopause symptoms? Well this morning I woke up with a pimple!!! Come on 50+ years old and a pimple, I"m not impressed. Aleka, I looked up the green goddess recipe and am going to make it for lunch. I have been having my fruit in the morning when I first get up as SS says but would enjoy it in the evening. Can you remember what site you got the pizza recipe from? That sounds really good. Well Nikki today is "D" day what exciting is on your menu today? I had cheese omelet for breakfast lunch will be salmon salad and diet jello and dinner will be chicken mock potatoes and asparagus. I'm not drinking enough water so am really concentrating on that today. Well that's it for today hope your day is going well today, a great day for a walk at lunch. Bye for now
Old 09-13-2004, 03:06 PM   #8  

Hi,
I downloaded the new windows service pack last night, it took forever and my computer has been acting weird ever since. Thought I'd better post while I can. It might be a better idea to download that in a month or two, when they have all the bugs worked out.

I agree, I think the over commercialization is what turns people off, at least it does me. I joined ediets the beginning of the year so it would be easier to do Atkins. I was instantly turned off because the menus were full of Atkins products. You could substitute regular food of course, but it was more work than just thinking up my own menus. Real food is always better than processed.

Here's my menu for today

Breakfast
2 eggs over easy fried in butter
3 strips of bacon
1 glass of tomato juice

Lunch
2 hot dogs with low carb ketchup, mustard and onions
pickles
salad with tomato, cucumber and low carb italian dressing

Snack
watermelon

Supper
Parmesan chicken breast (chicken rolled in herbs, parmesan cheese and baked)
Broccoli salad with mayo, cheddar cheese, onion, vinegar, lemon juice, herbs and bacon

Snack
string cheese

I was reading the latest SS book Eat Cheat and Melt the Fat Away and her sample menu for the first two weeks included fruit later in the day as a snack. I think she wants you to eat it first thing in the morning, but you can have it on occasion during the day. I wasn't able to do it this morning due to a time crunch, so thought it would be ok later.
This is what I'm planning on having. I'm going to make up some sf jello for that late night snack monster and fold in some whipping cream.

Hope I can post tomorrow, I don't know what to expect now with my computer. Nikki
Old 09-13-2004, 06:11 PM   #9  

I got back on, and remembered I wanted to post more before, so here I am. This computer is heading for a major melt down I'm afraid. It's not working right at all.

Aleka, I'm really glad that Ivan will miss your house. I'm sorry for the people that it will hurt though. What a year for weather, huh? I heard on the news last night that in Iowa alone, there were 70 tornado's this year. Really odd weather. We are having some nice weather again today, although it's a little hot (88 and humid) but that's ok, these days are numbered and I will not complain.
I know you posted about the pizza before, but please post again how to make it. It sounds really good.

Lynn, I like the lowcarbluxury site. I haven't been there in a long time, I think I'll check it out.
It just floors me when I get a pimple-with wrinkles, there should be no pimples.

Anne, hope your day is going ok. Was this the first day back to work?

Til tomorrow, Nikki
Old 09-13-2004, 06:36 PM   #10  

Hi Everyone:
Just a quick post. I had an absolutely hellish day. I never had a day that
I burst into tears more times than this one. I came back to find my work so
far behind I don't know if I can ever catch up. demands that I
have to sit in Tanya's old desk. The problem with this is that I will be
interupted contantly by patients. The phone never stops ringing either.
To make a long story short we had one nasty exchange. She told me that
when I move over to Tanya's desk to get rid of the **** off of mine. I can only think she is talking about the pictures of my kids. I can't even
type this without starting to cry again.
Later guys.
Anne.
Old 09-14-2004, 05:59 AM   #11  

Good morning,

I haven't been sleeping very well. For the past few mornings I've been waking up around 2:00 am. Normally I lie there and finally get back to sleep around 5:00, but this morning I just couldn't get back to sleep. So...I've been up for a while. I'm sure the move next week and weaning myself off of Premarin, which I'm off of now, has a lot to do with it.

ANNE, I am so sorry you had to go through that with This is really a stressful time for you. When she told you to get your stuff off your desk, she may have meant for you to clean off your desk and put your stuff on Tanya's desk. That was a nasty way to put it though. She should really go for some sensitivity training. She may also be upset that Tanya is gone and is taking it out on you, which she shouldn't be doing. Are there any openings in another department in your hospital that you could ask for a transfer? I'll be thinking of you today. I hope it's better for you.

Nikki, how is your computer running today? Iowa really had a lot of tornados this year. Is that a record? We had weird weather too here in New England. We had no summer to speak of. Usually the month of July it's in the 90's and very humid. We only had 1 day that it got to 90 deg. I was wrong about the end of hurricane season. It's Nov. 30th that it ends. I'm thankful too that Ivan won't be hitting where we're moving to. But, I really feel for the poor people that will get hit. Sure, I'll post the pizza recipe. That's what we're having for supper tonight. I need to get rid of some turkey sausage so I'll be putting that in with the hamburg. It's funny, I haven't really been SSizing 100% this past week, and I really feel it.

lynn, thank you for posting the low carb website. I bookmarked it into my favorites. A cousin of mine, who is doing a low carb diet, e mailed me the pizza recipe.

One thing I've been meaning to ask all of you. Do you use the pre-packaged shredded sheese or do you shred your own?

Pizza:

Brown 1 lb. hamburg in a skillet, drain fat. Add a small jar of no sugar added pasta or pizza sauce (I can only find large jars of no sugar added pasta sauce, so I use about 1 cup) Mix, then pat it down into the skillet. Add whatever toppings you wish, I usually add pepperoni, and peppers, one time I added bacon, sprinkle with cheese, cover, and heat until cheese melts.

DH & I like this better than pizza with a crust.

Have a good day.
Aleka
Old 09-14-2004, 07:59 AM   #12  

Good morning,
Oh, Anne, I'm so sorry this is happening to you. Is being rotten with you. Goodness, she should be appreciating you and kissing your behind right now. I mean if you left, what would she do? Could you transfer to a different department?

Aleka, thanks for the recipe. That seems easy and looks like it will be good too. I've been using shredded cheese, because I had 6 lbs in the fridge and I still have most of it. I know it has potato starch in it to keep it seperated. I can't imagine it would be that much, but I will probably start to shred my own when this is gone. For now, I'm trying to stick to it as close as I can. Having said that, can anyone remember if it's ok to cook with beer? I'm making a dish for supper and it's got beer in it. I'm using Miller lite, so it's pretty low carb. Not sure what my menu will be for the day. For supper, I'm planning on Beer Braised Pork Chops-has mushrooms, onions, herbs and 1 can of beer in it, with cauliflower faux tatoes and green beans.
I didn't cheat yesterday and did Body Flex and the Gazelle.

My computer may have to go somewhere if I can't figure this out. I can't do some things, like when I wanted to sign into another site, it just kept sending me back to the sign in page. When I tried to contact McAfee, it didn't let me sign in. I've tried to download an update from Microsoft and it wouldn't do that either. Every time I open the computer, my antivirus is disabled and I have to manually engage it. I tried to order some pillows from Overstock and when I hit the check out button, it said it couldn't find the page. This is really frustrating. I thought the Service Pack 2 was suppose to be a good thing, to prevent worms and bugs from invading your computer, I didn't know it would lock the whole thing up too.

Hi Lynn!
Take care, Nikki
Old 09-14-2004, 08:37 AM   #13  

Never mind about the beer, I guess I can't use it. I knew you couldn't drink it, but I was hoping it would be ok to cook with it. I'll use chicken broth instead. Nikki
Old 09-15-2004, 03:40 AM   #14  

Hi Everyone:
I would love to get a transfer. Problem is this...because I have worked at
the hospital so many years and have so much vacation entitlement not
many departments like that.
From what I am understanding is under the gun to explain why it
takes two full time employee's to run the cash office. The "higher ups"
figure it is an easy breezy job. Nothing can be farther from the truth and
trust me I can work like blazes but this will plant me. I have made up my
mind to go slower, bugger these people. You should have seen me yesterday
I looked like the last wrath of God If I get upset again I am going to
go to the health unit at the hospital and tell them my nerves are shot to
heck because of the pressure and rudness of . Remeber at the
beginning of the year when Tanya was off for many many weeks because
she had reached the emotional breaking point with ? Tanya was
in touch with me yesterday to see how things were going and she strongly
suggested I go to the health unit. She told me, they will beleive you Anne
after all the complaining I did.

Nikki, does your gazelle squeak when you are using it? My gazelle sounds
like a rusty door!!

Aleka, have you ever heard of using cream cheese for a pizza crust? I know
Suzannes book had a recipe for that. I love pizza.

Well, inspite of my emotional state I have been true to my program ladies.
I figure its more important than ever for me to guard my health.

Have a great day and thank you all so much for the support

Anne.
Old 09-15-2004, 07:33 AM   #15  

Hi everyone,

ANNE, that is such a shame your work place is in such a turmoil and that is making it worse. I would take Tanya's advice, go to the health unit, and maybe something could be done with At work, just do what you can, then maybe the higher ups will see that the cash office should have more than one person in there. My gazelle started to squeak too which drove me crazy. I have gotten rid of the gazelle, because I have no room for it in the new house, as I have no downstairs. It's been so long since I've SSized that I'm not sure if I've heard about a cream cheese pizza crust. It does sound familiar though, and it does sound delicious.

Nikki, how did your Beer Braised Pork Chops turn out without using beer? The pizza turned out great using both turkey sausage and hamburg. It made it more filling so that we didn't eat the whole thing in one sitting. We have enough left over for lunch today. Have you gotten your computer straightened out yet? If not, is there someone you can call for tech help?

Hi lynn, hope you're having a good week so far.

Do either one of you recall a recipe that was on SS website for cheese cake that you made in muffin tins? I remember printing it out, but I think I threw it away thinking I'd never be SSizing again. I may have some searching to do.

Have a great day everyone.
Aleka