Old 07-05-2004, 11:07 AM   #16  
workin' my way back down

Peachie, you know that I NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER would gloat, but in THIS case I'll make an exception: xoxoxox And Peach, just remember I still love you, even if you DO root for the "wrong" team~~

Lolow... your parade sounds like the ones I remember when I was a kid, growing up in a fairly small town on Long Island - in fact, I think someone told me that they still do the village fair and parade stuff there.

Dottie, what village were you talking about? Westbury? I didn't know they still did "small town" nice stuff like that anymore.

Ruth, I NEVER worry about George and his dumb rules -- I guess he's the reason I never liked tea anyhow!!! (unless, of course, it was spiked!!)

Well, gonna head out to do some small errands.......... rainy day is perfect for doing this kind of stuff: Walmart for odds'n'ends while DH is trying to install my birthday present - the new bathroom faucet! Oh well, have a wonderful day chickies..........
Old 07-05-2004, 06:27 PM   #17  

SonoGranny, I had to laugh about your DH installing your new bathroom faucet because..........two years ago we needed two new ones in our master bathroom. DH installed one in the laboratory that he uses and it took him all day. It looks good, but mine is still not replaced. Its in the box in the garage and you have given me an idea. I'll ask for it for my birthday. LOL He never remembers to buy anything anyway and this way - its bought and paid for. teehee
Old 07-06-2004, 07:33 AM   #18  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Morning,
I hope you had a good weekend.
summer pace of life here..... camp for the kids this morning, errands for me, pool this afternoon.

Getting ready to go to NY on friday to visit my family. My brother and his wife just bought a house and I can't wait to see it. i also have not seen my neice since christmas, My bad, but it got hard to go and see her with my kids scheduals to follow.

ok off to the shower and make like a human...happy summer day....
-L
Old 07-06-2004, 08:24 AM   #19  

It's Tuesday morning and I'm at work. Quick drive today, I guess people are on vacation- plus school is closed. Love that. It's beautiful out, and I am just working half day to get home for the contractor. I don't like to have them working without me there at least part of the time. He's gotten alot done, but still has a ways to go. I love it so far!

We may have my SIL overnight later in the week, she will just stop off on her way to the beach in southern MD with friends. She is fun, but DH, her brother, will be working the evening she planned to be here, so I don't know what she's decided to do. But it seems like in any case, I will have to clean! Maybe she and I will go out to dinner or something.

That's it for now. I have an early meeting, but will check back later probably-

have a good one!
dottie

Peach, don't take it so hard- Sono and I tried to tell you who the best NY team is, but you just wouldn't listen! ( I actually like both the Mets AND the Yankees!)

Lolow, make him install it AND get a real gift!
Old 07-06-2004, 08:46 PM   #20  
Slimwithin

Good grief! Never shop on an empty stomach! By the time I got through my errands and got to the supermarket it was getting close to 3 pm and I hadn't eaten since 9 am. I swear, the devil made me do it, Chicks. I stopped in the deli section and bought 3 pcs of fried chicken and french fries and I ate the whole thing. Not only that but I broke my own rule and bought a bag of mixed salted nuts and porked out on them too. Somebody give me a swift kick, please. Did I mention the min glazed donuts? GAWD! I'm hopeless!
Old 07-06-2004, 11:54 PM   #21  

Well, we made it through the 4th celebrations and DH has gone out of state on business. This is the toughest time for me because its when I usually pig out, but since this new life style I'm embarking on doesn't really allow that, I'm trying to look the other way with food choices. It's hard though. I do have one good thing to report though. I weighed this morning and lost 1 pound, which surprised me. I have never, ever, ever lost a pound over a holiday, not even when I was sick! There are so many things I'm trying to find around here - almond flour, sugar free syrups that aren't just for pancakes (those I can find!!) and some of the Atkins products. I did find a few things today though at Walgreens Drug store. That surprised me. They even had some soy chips, but I didn't purchase any. This stuff is running into money.
Now for a little tidbit which thrilled me today. My two red daylilies bloomed today and they are beautiful. I got the plants at a garage sale for a quarter each. The lady had six and why oh why I didn't buy all six, I'll never know, but I spent fifty cents and got two. Well, they're beautiful. Also my Passion Plant had three blossoms on it today, so I'm just blooming all over the place. LOL.
Gotta go to bed. I do so enjoy visiting with you all.
Old 07-07-2004, 01:10 PM   #22  

Hi Linda and Lolow,

Linda, you are healing. It's good to feed yourself. Mayge you were really craving protein. haha. I just barely avoided the glazed donuts myself, only had 2(big) choc chip cookies that I left out for the workmen. Oh, well. I had some nice sliced steak for dinner.

Lolow, the lilies sound wonderful. I would have some too but I never got around to planting the ones I bought this spring. Can I plant them in the fall for next year?

Hi to everyone else. Life is a little nutty right now. Work is in chaos as two friends are leaving for other jobs, leaving some reorganizing to be done. Happily I already volunteered for the job that I knew I'd hate the LEAST of what might get assigned to me. I may have dodged a bullet there.

Going back down to DE/MD to MIL Friday as she has been discharged and sent home. She'll have some help, but wants us to come to settle her in, do laundry, cook for the week, etc. That takes care of next weekend.

But my bathroom is almost done; my back ordered tile came in and he put it up yesterday...looks great. I will be so glad to have this bathroom back in order. Going downstairs in the night to pee is getting old!

that's it, I'll see you later!!
have a good one-
dottie
hi Ruth, how's tricks? And Leenie, don't you care anymore?
Old 07-07-2004, 10:23 PM   #23  

Glad to hear that the bathroom is almost done, Dottie! Is that the last of the remodeling on the new-to-you house or are there other plans? Sorry you are losing work friends. Hey - how did your DN do in her last game? Weren't you dragging DH to it?

Linda - Boy you sure have had a hard time of it with that finger. Good to hear that the healing is coming along. Don't be too hard on yourself - carry on and don't look back. Nothing we can do about past mistakes, is there? 'Cept maybe learn a bit from them - or not. lol (speaking about myself now!)

Lolow - So nice to have you join us. Tell us about your family and life. We are a curious bunch.

L - Enjoy your NY visit. You all sound like you have a full summer going.

Sono - Hope hubby got the new faucet installed. You still training the rookie at work?

Ruth - How is the wrist/arm? I got a giggle at the visual of Harry trying to wrestle you into your bra! (I'm easily amused lately...)

*waves* HI PEACHIE-KEEN! How was your excape trip?

Well - I better run and see if I can do some watering of the dry spots on the lawn while it is still light out. I don't see what the problem is - maybe the sprinkler coverage isn't cutting it. It's always something......

Take care -

Kel
Old 07-08-2004, 08:39 AM   #24  

My dh and I live in a small town (about 60,000) in central Texas.
He had retired two years ago,(moving from Big D. to here) but went back to work full time about six months ago (working on his computer from home, the rest traveling.) We have one DS who lives about a half mile down the street. We're in our sixties, but feel like we're forty, then we act like it and feel like we're in our late seventies. Guess we'll always be like that.
I was born and raised in Texas and DH goes through culture shock all the time. He was born in Alabama and we just don't do things the same way here and we don't have tall trees and high mountains in our area. (Things that he's been around all his life, except for his military service.) Plus he thinks we talk funny! Imagine that!!!
I don't live a very exciting life, just live life as it comes along, but am awfully glad to be around.
Guess that's about it for me. Like a said earlier, nothing exciting. I found this URL because the doctor has told me to lose weight (as if I didn't know that)and I like the title of 3FC's - because surgery on my knee replacement is looming before me. I'm on a low-carb lifestyle with some slides along the way. I do enjoy the companionship of this group since I'm really not acquainted with many in this town so am by myself a lot.
Hope that answers a few questions about myself.
Old 07-08-2004, 10:23 AM   #25  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quick fly-by post.

I'm on the doctor's shitlist for not seeing him sooner about my ongoing wrist problem. he is sending me for X-Rays today and promises he will give me the most awkward, homely and uncomfortable cast he can devise if the wrist is broken! Gotta love that man! He also mentioned that Ii looked like I'd lost weight.

So I'm off to town this afternoon to do my duty and work in getting some groceries. I sure don't need to buy salad stuff as the garden is loaded with lettuce, chard and spinach. I should have good breath from all the chlorophyl!

I'll check in when I get the verdict.

Hey, about the lilies - plant them now whether they are daylilies or orientals. They may not bloom but will get good root systems established.

Old 07-08-2004, 07:14 PM   #26  

Default Thank you Ruth!

It's me with the sad little bag of lilies unsure of what to do. You have given me hope! Hey, can you really say shitlist here? I am afraid to say heck and crap! Hope the wrist is OK!

Hi Kel, good memory! Yes, I dragged DH to the girls softball game(they're 9) and he loved it. Now he wants to coach. This is a joke as he has no follow-thru on stuff like that, but was so impressed and charmed by then. They really are great and won again last night in post season tournament games. they have moved on to the third level. DN is the catcher, so cute! some of them are terrific, last night a perfect major league double play! They steal bases, slide, get up to bat and wiggle those little butts! Gotta love it.

welcome Lolow, glad to have a texan in the group. I'm 48, married for 11 years to my 55 yr old (70 in his heart) DH, no kids. We just bought an older home and I have been whining about the costs/hassle of getting stuff done. I love to do home things myself but work full time and I am NO GOOD at night...just couch potato-like! My low carbing is a permanent way of life for me-just feel better. But I am off as much as I'm on!

Hi to everyone else, L, Sono, Linda, Peach(I did see Peach slide into home, didn't I?)

It's Thursday nite, and I'm going down to fuss over MIL tomorrow and Saturday. she need grocery shopping and a little cooking and laundry. But I know she feels good cause she said, "well, maybe when you get here we could go out to eat!" She rarely eats out, but loves to. She eats terribly-(a Southerner-wants fried chicken!) This is 8 days after major surgery. She is great, but a little lonely I think, so this is company PLUS nursing! I'll be back on Sunday.

Bathroom DONE> I will have to paint but that will have to wait a few weeks. But I love it...and won't have to go downstairs at 3 in the morning to pee tonight! Hurray!

that's it. Have a wonderful weekend-talk to you sunday, chickies!

dottie
Old 07-08-2004, 07:32 PM   #27  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Running through! Welcome lolow. Has anybody seen janice?? (she is our resident other texan)

Puter was down at home well the internet was down nothing else was down. I am busy trying to get cought up wioth all things at work and bearly making it. playing here but tired.

I haved a 3 day swim meet here starting tomorow and will be home by afternoon everyday, and have to work on friday noght. that will make an ungody amount of time in this week but much of it was tyrying to get cought up. after moving ans swithcing floors and then doing two peoples work and work the floor on top of all that. I have survived and am starting to come out on top!!

Now if only I can do that for the diet I will be doing just fine.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:27 PM   #28  

Has anyone bought the McDonald's Adult Happy Meal? The salad is really good and you can get it with grilled chicken or crispy, and choice of dressing. I got the bacon ranch salad and asked for the vinegarette (sp?) dressing. Delicious. You also get water and a pedometer with it and its so simple even I can use it. Yesterday I only had 200 steps on it and the chart said that was equivalent to a walk around a block, so I'll take it!!! Only trouble is I have a hard time keeping it fastened to my pants. It has to be in the middle of your leg or if stomach hangs over, on the side of your leg. Anyhoo, it does work and I'm working on getting more and more steps in each day. Perhaps this is what I need to motivate me to clean the house........LOL. To make a long story short, salad is delicious, pedometer is simple, a must have.
Old 07-09-2004, 06:50 AM   #29  

friday morning, just about to get on the road for MIL, got on the 'puter to pay some bills before I go. Have a great weekend all-

Sue, Janice hasn't been around in ages; sure miss her! MamaJ, are you out there?

Lolow, thanks for the tip about the pedometer. I may try one today for my "on the road" lunch and check out the pedometer. I figured it wouldn't work! Packed some cottage cheese and an iced coffee for this morning, I'll be there by noon or one. back late Sat or early Sun.

Hi to everyone else, be good chickies!
dottie