Old 11-12-2003, 06:22 AM   #1  
thin within

Default Workin' Wednesday--daily

hi all. we are having a chilly day in the thirties here. brrr. i've been mia for nearly a week. we did have a wonderful time at the ball on saturday. we stayed until just after 1 am. i have decided that i definitely need some type of dance lessons or pointers for my two left feet before another event like this. my dh was all over the floor. i'm a lot more inhibited though. i guess i'm even more southern baptist than i realized-haha. the food was pretty good. i had some of everything, except for the alcohol. i had actually thought that i looked pretty good until i saw the pics of myself. it just goes to show that i've got a long way to go before being the size i want to be. supersized posted a pic of my dh and me, as well as a pic of her and me taken this summer, just before i moved to turkey. that pic was pre-atkins for both of us. she posted those in the atkins section. i'm hoping she will be posting a new pic of herself soon. i did work out at the gym on friday and monday with all the nautilus equipment, as well as an hour on the treadmill and recumbent bike. i'd better get off for now and get my dd ready for her daily rest. have a great day all!

Last edited by fullfig; 11-12-2003 at 06:26 AM.
Old 11-12-2003, 07:29 AM   #2  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Morning,
I sent DH to school this morning. He is out late tonight for a meeting and I have cookies to make for tomorrow. I goofed! I used 2x the butter so I had to go back add re add more flour, sugar eggs, well you get it but I ended up with enough cookie dough for 400 cookies or something like it..
Anyway KFS and I are working this afternoon on the charity event we do for school so I have to get this done.
Little man has had one of those Buggery coughs for a wee so I am going to see if we can get into the ped’s office. This is way too much to think about without coffee.
Have a good day.
-L
Old 11-12-2003, 09:52 AM   #3  

Good morning!

Fullfig - I saw your picture and I thought you looked great! Very pretty dress, too.

L- hope your little guy feels better.

My student with leukemia said he had a good check up, Friday. He has to go back every Friday this month and have a spinal tap, though.
Students are not allowed to wear hats in school, so the cheerleaders got permission to raise money for my guy by selling the right to wear hats to the kids. Kids buy a ribbon for a dollar, then on Friday, they can wear the ribbon on their hat and not get in trouble for wearing the hat. They've done this before and it's a great money raiser. There is a benefit chili supper and raffle on Sunday for him. People are really reaching out to this family.

I just wanted to let you know what's happening with him. Everything else is going well here. Have a great day.

Karla
Old 11-12-2003, 10:54 AM   #4  

Wonderful pictures! I just love to put a face with a name. The ball sounds like it was great!

L- you are making me want me to go back to bed this morning with all that you've got going on today.

Karla - I will continue to pray that your little guy keeps responding to treatment.

Lawyer appt. this morning so I'm running around trying to be sure I've gather all the (right) paperwork he will need. Such an emotional time but I've got to remain strong as I've got three kiddos looking to me for support.

I e-mailed (aren't computers GREAT!) out about 10 resumes and faxed another 5 or so yesterday. I hope to hear from some of them in the next few days. I'm optimistic that something good will turn up - almost 30 years of bookkeeping has to be a good thing, right?

Getting nervious - Gotta run and get ready. Have a great day all.

Kel
Old 11-12-2003, 02:29 PM   #5  
Slimwithin

Default EXCITING NEWS!!!!

IT'S A GIRL!!!!!

Sarah Lynne, 7 lb 9-1/2 oz, 20 inches long, born 3:45 pm, Nov 12 to our daughter Lisa and her hubby Greg, in Edinburgh, Scotland. She had to have a scan yesterday because baby was 11 days overdue and they kept her in hospital and started induction because not enough fluid around baby. She didn't start heavy labor until this morning but it was apparent after several hours that this baby couldn't come out on her own so they took her with forceps. Lisa and Greg phoned a couple of hours after the birth and I heard wee Sarah crying lustily so she has a good pair of lungs. Of course, I was blubbering away with joy. I'm just so proud of Lisa. Greg said she was a real star and, of course, she says he was the best of helpers so it sounds like a team effort. I can hardly wait until we go there for Christmas and I can hold that little bundle of love.

Fullfig you look fantastic in that photo. Love the gown. You're stunning in it. Your sis and you are both good lookers.

L, I hope your little man is feeling better soon. As for the excess cookie dough, it sounds like you have enough for years to come. Just freeze it and whip it out when you want a fresh batch.

Karla that's great news about your student. Isn't it wonderful how troubles like this bring out the best in others. I'm sure the other students are learning a valuable lesson from this as well.

Kel good luck in your job search. I don't know about 30 years of bookkeeping being a "good thing" though. I have to do a certain amount of it for hubby's business and it's definitely not my greatest talent. I don't think I could hack doing 30 years of it on a steady basis and I thank God every day for inventing computerized accounting. Somehow I even manage to screw that up.
Old 11-12-2003, 02:39 PM   #6  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Congratulations Linda, what wonderful news!!

Karla, thoughts and prayers to the little guy, and congratulations on your shopping spree....its nice to see supportive hubbys out there!

Fullfig, you looked amazing in your photo. We are our own worst citics, but take it from us, you looked beautiful!

Yesterday I was sorting thru some old floppies I found hiding in a box, and discovered some old pictures of myself........my 300lb self. My first thought was to delete them and toss the floppy....but instead I transferred them all to a cd, and saved them for safe keeping. It was the bit of inspiration I needed to keep going. I dont ever want to look like that again, and I'll remind myself every time I have to.

Im here at home, taking a break from the store, so I best get back before hubby sends out the troups looking for me.

Have a great day everyone......enjoy the nice weather, they are calling for 2 inches of snow tomorrow!!

Robin
Old 11-12-2003, 02:53 PM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Aaaarrrrgggghhhhh, Robin. Frassing snow!

Just popping in to say congratulations to Grandma LindaBC and Grandpa Peter. I bet you are so relieved!

I'm off to finish digging my glads and then will get ready to go to town for a casting call for The Vagina Monologues. I wonder if I should wear my metal bra. Hmmmmm....maybe not!

Gotta get outside before the light goes. I gets dark too darn early these days!
Old 11-12-2003, 03:16 PM   #8  

Just a quick note to Linda -- congrats!!!!! I'm so happy for you and your family!

Karla
Old 11-12-2003, 03:34 PM   #9  
thin within

linda--congratulations!

thanks, ladies. y'all make me feel really good. i hope each of you have enjoyed a great day. i think i'm gonna have to call it a night and hit the hay. sleep well!
Old 11-12-2003, 07:11 PM   #10  

Congrats, Linda!!! (I know this is late for most of the rest of you but Linda and I are west coasters so I bet she will see it)

Kel
Old 11-12-2003, 07:42 PM   #11  
Slimwithin

Thanks for all your kind words, Chicks. I'm still walking on air. Gee, maybe I should hop on the scale. I might be 100 lb lighter.