Old 11-07-2003, 06:12 AM   #1  
workin' my way back down

Thumbs down FINALLY Friday Nov 7

just a quickie here ... join me for some hot unleaded-style coffee!
Old 11-07-2003, 06:19 AM   #2  
workin' my way back down

Today is about to be so hectic that I just want to crawl back under the covers.... I've got about 15 minutes to get on the road - am working in mid-town Manhattan today and it will probably take 2 hours or so for me to get there...ugh! I also worked there yesterday and it took a little less than 1-1/2 hrs, but that wasn't Friday, and I had to be in at 10:00 NOT 9:00........ oh well, it's a living and pays the bills - not to mention, that I really DO love my job/work.......... so I guess I better shut up and deal w/the parts of it that are less than great!

Fulfig, I hope you enjoyed that ball and dinner w/the Ambassador.
Supersize and LindaBC - I got the bodyflex from HSN - all I've done with it so far is take it out of the box and watch the instructional video........... for me, this program is gonna be tough - dh is ALWAYS home and awake before I eat.... he'll laugh his A$$ off............ BUT, I am committed to trying to do SOMETHING, and I guess this is gonna be it, since I haven't been doing "Walking away the Pounds" or anything else for that matter, except sit my fat butt on the sofa!

Ruthie, give your girls some hugs from me please - I still yearn to have one of their relatives adopt me!

Well, by the time, I gotta fly out of here................. will try to come back tonight.... meantime...... have a great day everyone
Old 11-07-2003, 07:45 AM   #3  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Mmorning,
PT confrences this morning and the rest of the day off. I am looking forward to it. We have to go through the winter stuff today and make sure we have plenty to get through the winter as the tems are going to drop into the 20's!

Little man has a sleepover tonight, I may invite a friend of older boy's older , maybe not ...

to all the passing chicks and SONO,

-L
Old 11-07-2003, 09:04 AM   #4  
Senior Chicky

Angry Good morning!

A quickie for me too this morning! I've still got soooo much to do in preparation for tonight. Steaks are marinated, salad's washed but today is shopping for decorations, etc..

Did very good in the eating department yesterday. And today should be a breeze. Altho I will forgo the baked potato for a couple mich lites today -

Thanks for the body flex info. I'll look into ordering it tomorrow. I demonstrated the "scary" face to dh and he laffed his a$$ off, too. But doubt if I could do the routines in front of him.

Okay-off to the showers! Have a great one!

Janice
Old 11-07-2003, 09:44 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

The furnace lad has been here to do the annual cleaning and I am taking my poor sore tootsies off to the doc. My eczema is the stress realted type and has gone out of control! When it interferes with walking, I hie me to the medicine man.
Today we FINALLY have some sun so I hope to do some more outdoor work.
Save me a steak, MamaJ.
SonoG, be safe. I hate driving in Manhattan.
L144S, we already are in the 20's.
Bodyflex? Well I moved the box to a more convenient spot. Does that count? I promise to at least watch the video tonight.
Have a great TGIF, chickies.
Old 11-07-2003, 10:13 AM   #6  

Well it might count for a bit of exercise if you have to walk a few extra steps AROUND that box so yeah, moving it was a good thing Ruthie. lol

I can't wait to hear about the fab. Ball and Janice's big do tonight. I'm living vivcariously (sp?) thru all your fun activities lately (since my life is currently a bit sucky) so please spare NO details!

Gotta hit the decks running so I better scoot!

Kel
Old 11-07-2003, 10:13 AM   #7  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Ruth, take care of that eczema!!!

Fulfig, I want to hear all about it!!

I had forgotten to mention about the very strange lady that came into our store yesterday. Seems she was making the rounds, find fault spelling up and down the street. The sign for the new store next door was made by us, and we put an apostrophe in "Scissor's" at the customers request. Customer is always right.....right? Not according to this woman, we should have told them that is wasnt right, and then cited the rules of the english language!! After she left, (she had been next door giving them a hard time before she came to us) I went next door, and told them if they wanted, they could just peel the apostrophe off. She told me she had better things to do with her life, than worry about it Strange woman........full moon is coming!!

Anyway, Im ready to start building more shelving units today! I need to start scrounging for more twigs too. Its going to be a sunny weekend, so that will be a good "get out of the house" project.

Have a great day!!
Robin
Old 11-07-2003, 11:40 AM   #8  

Howdy!

I'm sitting at school waiting for the next parent to show up. I've had a total of four in two days. The up side is that I'm completely ready for my sub on Monday and I won't have to come in at all this weekend to catch up! At 12:30 I am out of here.

The fall social committee provided lunch yesterday. There was chili, turkey soup, subway sandwiches, veggies, and, of course, desserts. Someone even brought Sweet Freedom ice cream bars. I stuck to the turkey vegetable soup and meat from the sandwich. I ate sugar free jello for dessert. It was a very filling meal. I may decide to go off program during the weekend. I would really like to have some nachos at the game. I'm just afraid that it will be hard to get back on track. I don't know if it would be worth the trouble. I'll decide before Sunday.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Karla
Old 11-07-2003, 12:03 PM   #9  
reaching my goals

Bodyflex girls, it took me a week or so to watch the instructional video too. Then took me another few to start the actual program. But I've done it everyday both before and after work since I started it on Monday. I'm gonna take measurements again Monday to see if I've actually lost any inches. The workout only takes 15 minutes. It really wasn't bad once I actually got down to it. Since Tuesday, I've also been doing the beginner bodyflex tape. Both workouts only take 30 minutes. It does take a little work to get the breathing technique down. I won't do any tape in front of anyone either. This one makes me look so rediculous. My poor dog Sadie watches me for a few minutes turn her head from side to side then goes back to bed. 4 am is a bit too early for her support.

Good luck staying on plan this weekend chickies! I'm having either breakfast or lunch with ex-husband tomorrow. We usually have a meal together once or twice a month. But I'll stay on plan. I don't want a repeat of the Mexican lunch fiasco I had back on week 3.

I haven't got many details of fullfig's dinner with the ambassador yet. She did say she had a wonderful time and that my neice had wonderful time with sitter as well. Poor fullfig has had migraine off and on for a few days now. Hopefully it will disappear in time for the Marine's Ball Saturday night.
Old 11-07-2003, 12:19 PM   #10  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good Morning!

I am going to vent again! still no call from the doctor! Actually he did call, but both times I was out.. first at the gym then last night after I left to teach a crochet class.. SIGh
I really need an answer! I just called now and left a message that I would be home all day!!!

Sigh...

I need to run again.. but I will check in later!
Old 11-07-2003, 02:46 PM   #11  
reaching my goals

Good luck catching up with the doc, Karen. I know how frustrating it is waiting and waiting to hear from them, then miss their call(s).
Old 11-07-2003, 03:38 PM   #12  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

I Finally heard! He thinks I have Fibroids! I have to go in for an ultrasound. My mom just told me today that she had her fibriods starting in her late 30's too... so I guess I am still following her footsteps!

I am tempted to just go for the full Hystorectomy. I am so tired of having a great few months then BAM problems again.....
Old 11-07-2003, 04:36 PM   #13  
reaching my goals

Karen, I'm sorry to hear that. At least treatment is available once the problem is known. I've heard those fibroids can be very painful. I'll be thinking of you.
Old 11-07-2003, 05:22 PM   #14  
Slimwithin

Oh, Karen, that is a b***h. So sorry you're having such problems. I hope they can take care of them painlessly.

Right now I'm in a bit of a stew. Just got e-mail from daughter in Scotland. She saw her midwife today and the midwife said her baby hasn't grown as much as is normal in the final month. What the heck does that mean? She's overdue by just a few days but they are already talking about inducing the baby. It is still moving around and heartbeat is good but I'm just worried sick about that girl. I wish I was there. Not that I could help but it's driving me nuts being so far away.

Ruth, so sorry about your eczema. I've been lucky enough that I've never had it but I know people who have suffered with it and it certainly is no fun. Good luck on getting treatment for it.

I'm on the 5th and final day of the Atkins Fat Fast. Tomorrow I will weigh and see if it has jolted me out of my lengthy stall. The good news is that the ketostix are turning darker than they have in many years. Not the deepest purple but the next one down. That has to be promising, right? I will have to be careful all day tomorrow because tomorrow night our neighbors are taking us to a steak house for dinner. I plan to have a thick, juicy steak and salad. Man, I can taste it now after five days on fat fast. Then on Sunday I will start the 1,200 calorie version of fat fast. I want to get under 270 come **** or high water. My goal is to fit in that airplane seat and be able to get the food tray open all the way without my tummy interfering. Just over a month to attain that goal.
Please send your prayers out to my daughter in Scotland.
Old 11-07-2003, 07:21 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 316/234/196

Height: 5' 3"

Evening all,

Karen: glad to hear the Dr finally got back to you but over the diagnosis. Hope you get the ultrasound and treatment soon.

Fullfig: can't wait to hear about the ball!!! And see the pictures!!

Well, we had computer issues with our web server all day today so that kept us home trying to download/upload stuff and fix configurations and all kinds of geeky machinations. The good news is everything is finally set and I can ignore my computer for the whole weekend

It was a beautiful sunny day so we even went out to run around at a local park this morning before buckling down to work.

I have been OP for three days now and getting ketones again - hurray. Getting back to it is the hard part, staying there isn't so bad.

Gotta dash, the kids are going to watch "Finding Nemo" as a consolation prize as we didn't go see "Brother Bear" today.