Old 10-28-2003, 12:22 AM   #1  
Slimwithin

Default Great Pumpkin Challenge - Final 4 Days

I don't know how much I'm hoping to lose in four days but I know I'm nowhere near my goal.
I'm so proud of all you Chicks who have stuck to your plans and have done so well. Keep up the good work.
Next challenge? NEW YEAR'S EVE!!! (this could be a toughie)
Old 10-28-2003, 04:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 194/165/135

Height: 5'4"

I am not going to make it either. I skipped this Monday weigh in, because its my birthday and thats not very happy. Will update on Friday! Good luck to the rest of you, you are doing great. Will be here for NewYears too!
Old 10-28-2003, 09:46 AM   #3  

A New Year's Challenge will be great! It might help keep me honest during the holidays.

Karla
Old 10-28-2003, 12:05 PM   #4  
reaching my goals

I'm 4 pounds away from my challenge goal and don't think I'll make it. I'm still proud of the 16 pounds I've lost though.
Old 10-28-2003, 08:34 PM   #5  
Slimwithin

Well, today I blew it totally. I was out to lunch with my sis and my aunt and I had deep fried fish and fries. YOIKS! I sure won't be eating much for dinner. I guess having my auntie here since Friday has kind of thrown me off my straight and narrow path and I'm showing a lot of water weight gain. I know it's impossible to gain 5 lb of real fat in just a few days (keeping fingers crossed that it's just water). A chocolate here and a potato there has destroyed all my work over the past 8 weeks. Bummer!
Old 10-28-2003, 11:22 PM   #6  
WW Moderator

Well Linda, I gained back 3 of my 5 also. I thought for sure it was water, but it sure is coming off slowly! We'll see tomorrow!

I'm sorry you had a gain, I know your frustration. Are you exercising regularly? I am finally seeing movement with regular exercise, as much as I can stand it. Have you been checked to see if you are insulin resistant? It is not uncommon in overweight people, especially if they have been overweight for a while. My dr told me that I needed to exercise a LOT to burn off the fat because the excess insulin was impeding the fat burning, since my body wanted to burn insulin first. Something like that -
Old 10-29-2003, 04:35 PM   #7  
thin within

no loss here this past week either. i had the big turkish feast last thursday and then had some chocolate on friday. although i have been perfectly on plan since saturday morning, i am having trouble getting the five lbs off from those two off plan days. looks like i have just dropped two of them, so now 3 more to go. the thing that really gets me is that my husband, who is also on atkins, only gained .5 lb from the feast and a cheat on friday. in fact, he has already dropped that and another lb. killin' me here. this just goes to show me that my maintenance carb level will be a ton lower than his. oh well. i'm excited about the upcoming marines' ball on the 8th. supersized's dress fit everywhere except through the bust--5 inches needed to meet! i believe my wonderful twin is a tad smaller through the chest than she thought. wish i were too. i'm not liking the sizing system that the turkish use. in us sizes, i wear 14 to 18 and a 38 to 40ddd, depending how they are cut. well, today i bought a 48 and a 90e. these numbers do not stroke the ego--they punch it! i can hardly wait for the ball. my gown is red with some black beading on the top and is also sleeveless. i can hardly wait to see my honeybunch in his dress mess! i look forward to catching up on posts, as i've been mia for nearly a week. we've just been too sick and busy around here lately. i'm hoping to see a loss by the final weigh in. good luck to all of us.
Old 10-30-2003, 12:00 PM   #8  
reaching my goals

fullfig, your dress sounds beautiful. you have to take pics and email to me. you and brother will look stunning. send some pics of my favorite neice too. i bought shoes in canada and i think they were a size 40....as if a 10 wasn't large enough.

i hope everyone is doing well in teh last days of the challenge. i'm still 4 pounds away.
Old 10-30-2003, 12:56 PM   #9  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

It is that time already? Wow - I think I am about 1.5-2lbs away from my pumpkin goal....don't think I'll lose that overnight! lol, but I am pretty close.

Congratulations to everyone who made their goals - good work!

As for the New year's eve challenge - I think that's a great idea and propose that we actually begin on oct 31st - which gives us two months exactly to Dec 31st?

We can set a final goal for Dec 31st (to help keep us on track and honest over the holidays) and maybe a mini-goal for November 30th? I know that might work for me....I like splitting long term goals up to make them seem more doable!

If we do our final weigh on the morning of Dec 31st - we can ensure the "opportunity" to celebrate with some of that free flowing champagne...what do you think?

Froufie
Old 10-30-2003, 03:37 PM   #10  
Slimwithin

Sounds good to me, Froufy. I sure haven't done very well on this last challenge, though. My body just doesn't seem to want to let go of the pounds, no matter what I do.
Old 10-30-2003, 03:56 PM   #11  
Card Carrying Princess

I'm already looking forward to New Year's eve - not that we're planning anything special...usually have a few friends over to eat snacky things and toast in the New Year w/champagne.

Wonder if it would be okay to splurge on that one night? I'm sure it wouldn't count? (ha ha)...normally serve things like mini-quiches, veggies & dip, shrimp ring, mini pizzas, chicken wings - hey even some of those are Atkins friendly! Maybe I'll add some sf desserts and just party hard!

Froufy
Old 10-30-2003, 10:48 PM   #12  

I would like to join the new years challenge ,I have about 65lbs to lose ,maybe this will motivate me. congrats to everyone who is losing!
Old 10-31-2003, 11:09 AM   #13  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Count me in for New Years eve challenge too! My Birthday is New Years day.. so this would be great for me!! HUGS to all!
Old 10-31-2003, 11:41 AM   #14  
reaching my goals

Count me in too. My bday is 2 Jan.
Old 10-31-2003, 11:43 AM   #15  
Card Carrying Princess

Please visit new Thread - new year's eve champagne challenge and make your commitments for the next two months...the more the merrier!

Froufy