Old 10-11-2003, 09:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Question Weekend Chatter 10-11-03

I'm the first one here at 9 a.m.?????????? What is going on?

Now, listen to your drill sergeant! I miss hearing about everyone's day! Please post something, even if it's just a

Okay, off my soapbox now. Hope you're all having a great weekend!
Old 10-11-2003, 09:10 AM   #2  
Senior Chicky

Angry Weekend Chatter ~ Oct. 11 & 12

I know it's the weekend my friends, but 8:00 and no one's up? Well, coffee is fresh just help yourself when you're ready!

J
Old 10-11-2003, 10:24 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

WELL! I've been up since 6, have been to the Dump, collected some gossip, visited the Mill Bake Sale, walked one dog..... and now I have to merge threads from two early chicks!

It's a gorgeous blue and gold day here and I intend to spend as much time outside as I can swing! I might even do some garden cleanup. No sense raking leaves until they are all down.

I have a 6 pound prime rib in my fridge and am debating asking my neighbour and her kids for dinner. Her Mum died three weeks ago and she might like a different Thanksgiving dinner.

Have a good weekend.
Old 10-11-2003, 10:28 AM   #4  

Morning, Rise and Shine. Posted this once and it disappeared. Maybe I really shouldn't be up already.

Only 3 pounds to go to onederland
Old 10-11-2003, 11:55 AM   #5  
Ready!!!

Just a quick note-I am at work. Couldn't get on line this morning.
I am having a great one. yeaterday a co-worker was thinking about LC an others tried to talk her out of it- they told her it was to hard on the kidneys!!! Told her not to eat pork rinds, as these were all fat, as they were passing the chips and fudge around.
well I must go.
Tazcat
Old 10-11-2003, 12:12 PM   #6  

Its hard to beleive that people are still THAT misinformed, Taz. I hope you can take her aside later and tell her the other side.

Happy Turkey Day to our Canadian friends! That would be a nice gesture, Ruth - your neighbor would probably really appreiciate it.

Hello to Janice and Sherrie!

No baseball this weekend (Bry needs to rest his ankle) so I guess I have to do mundane stuff like mop floors and vacuum. I took Melis shopping, ear piercing and to dinner last night as her 17th (last one at home *sob*) birthday is on Sunday and she is really hard to shop for. We will go for a family dinner out (Red Lobster) on Sunday.

Quite a nip in the air last night and this morning but it will be low 80s by this afternoon. Out here in the Sacramento Valley We may not get the drastic season changes that many of you do but we DO get changes!

Have a great weekend all.

Kel
Old 10-11-2003, 08:30 PM   #7  
Slimwithin

Chilly and drizzly here on my section of the Wet Coast. A very gloomy holiday weekend weatherwise but I'm still full of thanks for the privilege of living in this beautiful country. The more I hear about women's lives in some of the third world countries, the more I celebrate my good fortune. I don't need a lot of money, but I can't imagine life without freedom of choice.

I met up with former Chick, Tikki, whom I met right here at 3FC several years ago. Hadn't seen her in several months but she's been doing Body Flex (she's the one who told me about it) and she's lost a lot of inches just doing the breathing and arm exercises. She's never even used the gym bar! It was great catching up on all our news.

Not much happening here except I'm baking a cheesecake to bring to my sister's for our Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. It's not a low carb one so I won't have any but it certainly is delicious and never fails. Raspberry Mirror Cheesecake. Yummy. I didn't even try to convert it into low carb.

Have a lovely weekend, Chickies.
Old 10-12-2003, 03:17 AM   #8  

It's just after midnight here. First time I've sat down at my computer for any length of time all day. That's unusual for me. I kept track of my meals on fitday, but that's about it.

DD and I spent a good chunk of money on some new lamps for the living room (it was sooooo dark and dreary) and a new rack for CDs and DVDs. We ran out of space on the existing one and have been stacking up the speaker stands, end tables, wherever with the stupid things. Anyway, I've got a LOT of packaging junk and there's 2 broken chairs in the backyard and some broken toys. Now that I'm not depressed being in my living room, it might be nice to be able to look out my back window without getting depressed too, so I'm going to get motivated to do a dump run of my own tomorrow. Unfortunately, I have to borrow my dad's pickup to do it and it's really hard to drive.

I went a bit over what I usually do on my carbs today. Didn't realize milk had so many carbs in it and I drank 2 cups before I checked in with fitday. Oh well, live and learn. It also seems to have caused an unpleasant intestinal side effect. I'll check tomorrow A.M. to see if I'm still in ketosis. I sure hope so. I can hardly wait until Monday's weigh in. It looks like I might have reached another mini-goal. That being my BMI now is in the "high risk" zone instead of the "very high risk" zone

Guess I'd better get some sleep if I'm going to do all that I have planned for tomorrow.

Jen
Old 10-12-2003, 04:06 AM   #9  
Ready!!!

Good quick morning to all of you. On line this morning, it ia 4:47am by my clock. Happy Thanksgiving and Columbus Day.
The secret to enjoying life
is to be thankful for what
each day brings.

Well my uncle died on Thursday so it is off to visit tonight.
Well chicklets off to recipie hunt.
Then to work. Grandsons are in the church service today, I will miss it.
Love Tazcat

Last edited by tazcat; 10-12-2003 at 04:13 AM.
Old 10-12-2003, 09:18 AM   #10  

Taz, so sorry about your uncle! ((Hugs))

Going to be more house cleaning today, and hopefully some time for me to stretch these tired sore muscles out. Remind me please that exercise is good for me, and that the pain is temporary and the benefits are somewhat permanent!

Hope you're all having a great weekend, talk to you soon.
Old 10-12-2003, 01:07 PM   #11  
reaching my goals

I too am glad to live in a country with free choice and rights. I sometimes forget how fortunate I am until I turn on CNN and hear about the third world countries. Hopefully someday the citizens of these other countries will enjoy as many freedoms as we do.

I've had a pretty good week so far with a three pound loss. I've finally reached the 25 pound milestone mark since I started on Atkins. Only 8 pounds of my 20 pound GPC goal though. At any rate I'm pretty proud.
Old 10-12-2003, 02:08 PM   #12  
thin within

you are doing great supersized. TOM arrived today, so probably won't see a loss until later in week.

to all others--keep up the great work. i've been mia lately due to being so busy. i'll have to try to catch up on everyone's stuff. have a great week!
Old 10-12-2003, 07:44 PM   #13  

Had to go to MIL's house today for dd's obligatory visit. The good news is, I went to her bathroom, and there was her darn scale hollering at me. So, who am I to fight temptation, I stepped on it. If it's believable, I am finally below 200, at 198 fully dressed with shoes on. WhooooooHoooooooo!! She says it's a little different from her dr's, but I'll take it! Guess this stuff really is paying off, huh?

Ya'll have a good night, and a good holiday tomorrow, and eat something yummy for me!
Old 10-13-2003, 12:16 AM   #14  
Slimwithin

I tried something different today. It's called a Phase 2 Starch Blocker. Expensive so it's not something I'll use on a regular basis (besides I rarely eat starchy food), but today was the Thanksgiving dinner at my sister's and I knew she'd be serving hot rolls and roast potatoes. So, I took one of these pills. No ill effect but I also broke down and had a small slice of my cheesecake (non-low carb) so I will be battling to get back on track tomorrow. It poured heavily both ways so I was happy to get safetly home.
Don't forget, tomorrow is the Great Pumpkin Challenge Weigh-in.