South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2003, 07:15 AM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Default weekend of 15th and 16th

Good morning, darlings.

I hate starting this up. I feel so... so... alone.

I managed to sleep in one position last night, and rested my arm a little. I think I need to put it in a sling today. You know that feeling when you've got your period? Well, that's what it feels like in my shoulder/arm. I suppose it's sprained.

Twodog, you've been doing really well for a couple of days. JUST because it's the weekend, DOESN'T mean it's screw-up time. STAY OP, girl!!

Lizzie, I need YOU to give me a massage. How was line dancing? DH and I used to do square dancing. It was a HOOT. We were the youngest couple there. I'd get in a heck of a mess because I can never remember my left from my right.

Ruthie, how's the new light?

Rowan, I hope you're doing okay, sweetie.

I'm seriously thinking of doing the Christmas shopping this weekend for the children. I need ideas... a list... 7 year old DS is easy, but 14 year old DD has EVERYTHING! Someone suggested starting a "hope chest thingy" for her. That could be one gift. I could get one of those big tupperware box things and put stuff in it for her first apartment. I remember being that age and starting to buy myself special things in anticipation of my "moving out day". I still have the first two things I bought... a beautiful old bowl and an antique hammock.

love and hugs to all... Marcie, and Sflake, Den and Sil, Whimsey and Katiiz and everyone, have a wonderful weekend...
Old 11-15-2003, 07:30 AM   #2  
Mous

Good Morning!

Yesterday was a grand day reading all your well wishes. Thank you.

Ellis, today is a new day.......NO MORE CANDY!

Today is errand day. I leave VERY early and come home about 11.

Preparing for a Chinese Birthday party on Wednesday.
Making OP and not OP foods.

Decore mom and I made and had fun doing.

Taking back the PJ's and geting new ones. I think I shall miss the X's, but not for long.

KMart has jewerly for 70% off! Makes for great gifts.

I celebrate mom's birthday like the 12 days of Christmas. Hers is Dec 12 so I start on Dec 1 with a gift. One a day till her Bday. She LOVES it.

Going to try and make the chick pea recipe for the girls to snack on while we play cards at the party. Also making 5 spice popcorn.

Going to read their fortunes and do a tea ceremony.

Need to eat, go see mom and get ready for the rest of the day.

Know that I care about you all and that you are worth your weight in love.

ME
Old 11-15-2003, 07:40 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Sweeties.

Ellis, you are not alone! It's just that my morning routine has changed now that I have to spend 1/2 hour with my new pet, the SADlite. It may be all in my head but I do feel perkier. You had better have that shoulder looked at!

Marcie, what a good idea for your Mom's birthday! Please share what you are serving for the Chinese birthday party.

Rowan, I really want to know more about your new business. I would love to have a luxurious holiday with my Girls. I hope all the personal stuff eases off for you.

Whimsey, I hope you don't go completely nuts with the itching. Do you go back to OKC to get the stitches out or will your quilting buddies do it for you?

Sflake, how is the print size this morning? Did the guys at the Aerosmith/KISS concert look very tiny too? I do hope you enjoyed yourself.

Twodog, I bought the SADlite from Northern Light Technology. It was expensive (C$230) but seems worth it. Try to stay OP over the weekend and I will too. Our dogs neeed us to outlive them!

Katiiz, you sound like you deserve a personal day on Monday. I'd love to help you pull weeds - mine are frozen into the ground.

Lizzie, you sure are one active, Beach Beauty! Line dancing is supposed to be excellent and fun exercise.

Where the heck is Dentrassi? Get your fluffy butt in here, girlfriend!

Sil, that vase sounds incredible, sort of art nouveau? Maybe you can post a pic of it.

I got a callback yesterday for the V Monologues and another piece of the script to prepare. It's that of a woman who watched her DIL give birth and is very powerful! My neighbour Liz has also been called back which is great! If she gets a part, we can probably drive back and forth together. Anyhow on Wednesday we get to drive to Brockville again, do our schtick and then go out for a beer! Hmmmm.....I'd better start having a red wine instead.

Pies are still on the agenda. I did buy the frozen fruit but we went out to lunch yesterday and I just didn't get around to doing them. Oh well, they'll be really fresh and maybe even warm when I take them to the hall.

No more Lifeline false alarms as H. is not wearing the bracelet when I am here. He puts it on when I go out. I know we will forget it once or twice but definitely it will be there for any long absences like my trips to Brockville.

Need to tie on my apron and get to those pies!

Have a great weekend.
Old 11-15-2003, 09:14 AM   #4  
Imagine...

Morning Beauties

WOW what a blast we had last night, I felt like a kid again. But boy o boy have concerts changed a lot since I last went to one They now serve drinks! and everyone had to be frisked with and electronic thingy. I though we would be the old geezers in the crowd, but the majority of heads were gray & balding.

I'll tell ya, I don't know how people with kids afford anything. Years ago tickets were anywhere between $12.00 and $23.00. Last night cost us over $500.00 for the 3 of us, between the tickets, parking, dinner & drinks. Tell me how is the average kid supposed to afford $100.00 - $150.00 per ticket to see a show????

Ruth ya smart arse no the people were not small only the writting How exciting that you got a call back for the play! Between you and Ellis I had no idea Canadians were so artsy!

My print is still small??? not when I am in the reply box just all the messages. The journals and everything else is normal size just the message boards??? I hope it's not a stroke Going to have dh check out the computer.

Ellis years ago my Mother gave each one of us an antique silver frame with a picture of her & the said child...it didn't really mean anything at the time, OH boy a picture...but I'll tell ya those pictures are priceless to us now.

I must get my butt in gear...much to do today...Grocery shopping, laundry, clean the house, and maybe the last leaf pick up.

Have a happy day girls
Old 11-15-2003, 10:27 AM   #5  

Ruth, I have to go to OKC to get them out!!! My quilting buddies would not like the task!!! I am so tired of looking like the bride of Frankenstien!! Went to the community center for breakfast this morning...I didn't eat very much.....nothing OP for me there. My DH loves to go. He ate like a pig! but, that is good, he is a naturally skinny person....Got to run!!!
Old 11-15-2003, 10:59 AM   #6  
Work in Progress

Okay Ladies,
This is the ad that will be in the magazine, Fido Friendly. FF is a magazine that is dedicated to pet travel. I designed the ad, and they put it together for me. The website and the number are not active yet, but this is the first step.

This particular issue is going to be in the gift bags of the presenters and attendess of the Golden Globe awards.....that is exactly the demographics I am going for.....

I am going to very fancy Italian Cathoic wedding today (was supposed to be going with my guy pal but now with a gf). I met this vendor/friend through friends of my guy pal, which means I will be sitting at their table and I am not looking forward to that..I am getting my hair done and will try to walk in with sass!

Now lets see if I can attach this picture...

~~~can someone IM me with how to attach a pic?

Last edited by Rowan Bailey; 11-15-2003 at 11:06 AM.
Old 11-15-2003, 12:12 PM   #7  
WW Moderator

Ellis, I hope your shoulder feels better soon! Don't wonder if you shuld have just fallen - that could have been much worse! A friend of mine broke her heel spur this summer, and she is still in a 'boot'. Broken bones can be hard to mend. Did you see a doctor? Are you taking any medication?

Ruth, I'm glad you got the light! Hopefully I will get one soon. It's nice to see things are looking up for you, and getting more back to normal. How is Harry doing - besides making new friends and the Med Alert place?

Sflake, I'd love to hear about the concert. I didn't know that the tickets were that high! I have a friend that is trying to talk me into seeing them - eek, I had better pass. Christmas will be here soon enough to suck my wallet dry!

Rowan, I'm sorry about your friend - I've not read back far enough to see what happened, but it sounds from recent posts that it didn't go over well. To attach a pic, use the Post Reply function (not the quick reply) and underneath where you type your reply, there will be an option to Attach File. Hit the Browse button and search your hard drive for the pic you want to attach. It has to be 51200 bytes or smaller - if it won't post, it is most likely because it is too big. Let me know if you still have problems!
Old 11-15-2003, 09:50 PM   #8  
Member Florida Chick

Hi everyone: Great line dancing last night. It is good fun, even when sometimes I feel like I have 4 left feet. But after a while a new dance seems to gel.

Ellis: I hope you go to a Dr. You may have done something to your rotator cuff. Get it looked into, before the problem gets bigger. Shoulder surgery is not fun.

Whimsey: It does get better, believe me. Jusst be patient.

Ruth: Congrats on the call back. Wish I was going to be able to come to Brockville for the performance. I'm sure your SAD light is helping. Do you use it only in the morning, or also in the evening too. Glad you have been able to work out the Lifeline situation.

Rowan: Hope you had a good time at the Fancy Italian Wedding. It may not have been as traumatic as you were worried about.

We had a Welcome Back party for all the returning Snowbirds tonight at our Club House. Served 178 dinners. Barbecue, baked Beans and cole Slaw. Chips, Rolls, and Cake. The Barbecue and Beans and slaw were okay. I skipped the rest. Had a great program. A group 10 young people from a local college, did a musical program. They are very clever and do a lot of quick changes of costumes to go with their songs. They call themselves the Young Americans. All in all a fun night.

Sflake: sounds like you had a fun night at the concert, but that you have a much thinner wallet. You are right, concert tickets are really expensive.

Have a great rest of the weekend all. Lizzie
Old 11-16-2003, 01:51 AM   #9  
Work in Progress

I will attempt tomorrow to post the ad again, I did end up having a great time at the Italian wedding. The friends were wonderful and I really had a great time. It wa a weddng of older folk, his second and her first...she is in her early 40's and we had fun!!!!

The food was great, I didn't eat OP but I wasn't horrible. I just tasted the deserts, didn't nosh unecessarily, and at in moderation so I feel pretty good.....

Hope everyone had a great day...I am going to work all day tomorrow.

Sflake, I am so on board about the concerts....I went to see Peter Gabriel last year, and it was very disappointing!!!

rb
Old 11-16-2003, 05:06 AM   #10  
Mous

Here it is Sunday 3 AM as I type.

I have laundry spinning and DH up and getting ready to go to work.

Yesterday I had a running around workout. Started my errands at 7:30 and finally arrived home at 12:30!!
Lines, lines and lots of waiting in LINES!!

Getting the final foods together for Wednesday.

Sure was a pretty day yesterday. In the 60's.

Got on the Metal Monster and he smiled at me

Keep your eye on the prize and never give up.

ME
Old 11-16-2003, 06:33 AM   #11  

Good morning, sweet petunias.

If you're eating your breakfast, move away from the computer, because I have a story to tell.

Well, I DID go to the doctor yesterday. But it wasn't for my shoulder.
DD and I went out to do the Christmas shopping. We stopped for lunch at noon, and got chicken burgers. I took a bite of mine and it stuck in my throat! I could NOT get it out. Major embarrassment in the restaurant with lots of people giving me advice.
Finally I told my daughter we should just leave, we went and did a bit more Christmas shopping with me periodically heaving into a cup because I couldn't swallow my saliva. (I'm British, and have a stiff upper lip. Better to die than to admit anything is wrong.)
Decided then I'd better get home... I don't know how I drove home, now.

By four o'clock, DH was getting ready to visit his Mom, who's in the hospital overnight. I decided I'd pop along with him and check into emergency.
I'm SO glad I did! You should have seen me. What a mess. Walking around emergency clutching a kidney bowl to my chest. I had x-rays done, they tried nitroglycerine to relax my esophagus. Nothing. Finally they put me into a bed hooked up to heart moniters, and gave me nitro plus something else that they shot into my arm, and some cocoa-cola. All at once. Woof! That did it! You should have SEEN the size of that piece of chicken! I was so embarrassed (the British thing again). The doctors and nurses were SO sweet.
I now have an emergency appointment to see a GI. (gastro something or other...) Probably have cancer or something.

Anyhow, I've lost two pounds. All I had yesterday was that bite of chicken burger. Oh, and some soup last night (doctor told me to stick to a liquid diet for the next two days) which didn't stay down. (I TOLD you not to eat your breakfast while reading this, didn't I?)
I'm having a coffee right now, and I seem to be okay. Some bland soup later, perhaps.
I'm using this whole thing as an excuse to get back on track.

So! How the heck is everyone!?

Sflake, sounds like you had a hoot! But, WOW! Expensive!! But forget the money... the concert will be a good memory.

Rowan, looking forward to seeing the ad!

love and hugs to all...
Going to get my second coffee.
Please remember to take small bites and chew your food well.
Old 11-16-2003, 06:41 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Aaaaaarrrrrrggggggghhhhh! I told you to go to the doc but Emergency! And I bet you never mentioned your shoulder. Damned stiff upper lip folks! Cool it with the cancer talk or I'll come in and slap you!

Whew! After that, I am going to go get some coffee and breakfast - in tiny sips and miniscule pieces!
Back in a bit.
Old 11-16-2003, 08:23 AM   #13  
Mous

Hugs.....were in order otherwise known as the Himlick!!

So thankful you went to the Dr.

Keep us posted.

ME
Old 11-16-2003, 08:27 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

Back! the woodstove had a mind of her own this morning but I persevered! It was 42F in the back room and even the Girls were complaining! I need to dig out something warm and cozy to dress in on these frosty mornings. My chenille robe just doesn't cut it.

Yesterday was an incredible day! Three guys showed up to give me several hours of work! Doug, Munro and Möel split and stacked wood, covered the AC, moved gardening machinery into the back stable, lugged stuff down from the loft and fixed my kitchen light. The light died again last evening but..... I know Möel will rewire it for me. I didn't have any advance notice on this so did not have my pies started. I spent the morning giving directions and said screw the pies! I drove to the bakery in Westport and bought the darn things! It was worth it - the UC ladies had their pies and I had several hours of free time. (Unfortunately I also bought some wonderful Chelsea buns to take to coffee hour at Church this morning. They are not going to make it there, I'm afraid, although I did share with DH and the Girls.)

I have to go and waken the sleeping beauty, I don't know how that man can sleep for 12 hours straight!

Have a super SUnday and don't eat any chicken burgers.
Old 11-16-2003, 08:37 AM   #15  

RUTH, aka Martha Stewart BOUGHT pies!?!? Well, I never.
Closed Thread