Old 10-01-2003, 05:13 PM   #1  
Slimwithin

Default Great Pumpkin Challenge Week 5

Sorry I was so slow getting this new thread posted, Chicks. Sometimes Life interferes with the fun stuff.

I was sure excited to see all the great losses last week. Congratulations to all even if you just sayed the same. And, if you had a little gain due to the trials and tribulations of Life....well...we have to expect the occasional set-back as well, don't we?

I'm still doing a modified yogurt fast. I find the full fat yogurt to be very filling and it keeps me from snacking on even more dangerous, high carb treats. I make my own and flavor it with sugar free da vinci syrup. With a tbsp of ground flax seed and a sprinkling of toasted almonds, it's a great snack. Yes, it puts me out of ketosis but so far it hasn't made me gain.

I'm also still doing the Body Flex Plus Workout with encouraging results. Today I could button up a shirt that has never met at the bottom before, even when I weighed less than I do now.
For the first time in AGES, I feel truly inspired to continue. I believe that each time we add some little beneficial thing to our lifestyle, we are taking a step in the direction of better health and fitness. Even if you only park farther away from the supermarket or drink more water, it can't help but do you good.

So, here's to a terrific Week 5. Keep posting.
Old 10-01-2003, 06:27 PM   #2  
thin within

that is great linda. this past week i lost 1.4, which puts me at 192. i have lost 18 of my 25 lb gpc goal. i'm hoping that since i now have sugar free metamucil, i'll be in better shape with dropping more consistently, no pun intended. lol. have a great week!

Last edited by fullfig; 10-03-2003 at 09:49 AM.
Old 10-02-2003, 10:16 AM   #3  
Slimwithin

Eeeewwww, Metamucil. I bought some of that to try but I really don't like it. I don't usually have a problem at that end but perhaps it's because I usually incorporate a tbsp of ground flax seed into my menu. It's best stirred into my yogurt. Anyhow, I hope it works for you, fullfig.

Another thing I do that helps with roughage is a chopped veggie salad every day or two instead of just lettuce. It's higher in carbs so you have to be careful but it's really yummy. I simply chop up some raw cauliflower, green onion, various bell peppers, cukes, tomato (whatever low carb veggies you have on hand) and mix them up in my bowl. This is good with a vinegar/oil dressing or a mayo type. Hubby likes mayo (he can eat it right out of the jar..YUCK) but I prefer the vinegar type, especially with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. If you want to get creative, you can sprinkle on some salted sunflower seeds or nuts.
Old 10-02-2003, 10:46 AM   #4  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Week 5 - and I'm feeling very challenged....as no noticeable change in scale #....still hovering around 191-192 (altho I did peek at at 190.8 ths am...but that quickly changed after my shower - the wet hair effect?).

I really need to up the exercise - and will try to do that starting tomorrow (tonight is "chauffeur night" as I drive around til 9). I was also out of ketosis again last night, and can't figure out why? Some hidden sugar or carbs?

I think I am still losing as my pants were pretty loose yesterday, and if I analyze carefully I seem to lose about 2-3 lbs per month..but only after TOM??? Wonder if anyone else experiences this? If this is the case, that's okay, I just have to be patient (something I am not known for!) and sit it out. Another 10-14 days to go!

Froufy
Old 10-02-2003, 07:38 PM   #5  
WW Moderator

I think I mentioned this on another thread...I gained 2 pounds last week. I know how it happened, it was just too much restaurants and not enough good choices. Tonight I ate in a restaurant too, but I had a grilled chicken salad with lettuce, black olives, sour cream and salsa. That passes! This week I am on the treadmill every single day. I am trying to do a whole hour each time, but it isn't working 100 percent! I do minimum of 40 minutes though. I'll whittle those 2 back off!
Old 10-03-2003, 08:25 PM   #6  
Slimwithin

Jennifer, I'm in awe of your commitment to the treadmill. My recumbant bike still sits alone and dusty in my guest bedroom. I have been pretty faithful to the Body Flex Workout though and I'm hoping that my new muscles will make it easier for me to move on to other exercises.
Old 10-03-2003, 09:36 PM   #7  
reaching my goals

I still haven't started an exercise program yet but did commit myself to a 2.5 mile walk for juvenile diabetes. I'm hoping this will get me jumpstarted into a walking program at least.

I'm a Mexican food fanatic and went out with friends for it tonight. Chicken chimichangas are my favorite but I ordered a chicken fajita salad with no chips. It was awesome. It had cukes, tomatoes, lettuce, onions, bell peppers, cheese and seasoned white chicken. I wouldn't have thought of ranch dressing with it but it was great. I'm not sure how many carbs were in total though. I had only had 5-6 carbs earlier in the day though. At any rate I'm proud of myself for not having one single tortilla chip, which I dearly love.

Hang in there gals and have a super weekend!
Old 10-03-2003, 09:50 PM   #8  
WW Moderator

Linda, we need to morph. Your good eating habits, and my exercise ones, and we'd be Demi Moore!
Old 10-04-2003, 12:50 AM   #9  
Slimwithin

Sounds good to me, Jennifer, but you can have that young stud of hers. I'm not sure I'd know what to do with him.
Old 10-05-2003, 08:23 PM   #10  
Slimwithin

Default WEIGH IN TOMORROW, CHICKIES

Don't forget to post your results.
Old 10-06-2003, 08:00 AM   #11  

Good Morning.

WI today. I lost 3 pounds this week! I am now at 305 and only 6 pounds away from my challenge goal of getting under 300!! I feel like I can do it. I have been doing Atkins for 78 days and have lost a total of 25 pounds. Some clothes are getting baggy, others are starting to fit for the first time in years.

Good luck to everyone! Have a super day.

Karla
Old 10-06-2003, 09:34 AM   #12  

good morning.
I'm finally showing a loss this morning. I've lost 2 pounds and am at my goal of losing 10 pounds for this challenge. My other goal is to excersize at least 2 days a week. Haven't been quite as successful there
I made a decision about the excercise last night, though. I'm not going to make a big production out of it. I've been to enough excercise classes, gyms, etc. to know LOTS of toning excercizes that don't require any special equipment except a couple of 3 pound dumbbells. I'm going to pick a muscle group each day and just do some toning excersizes. I recorded my inches this morning too, so if I don't lose any weight, I'll be able to see if I"m losing inches.
BTW, good job Karla! I love that clothes fit better. It's even more tangible than watching the scale go down somehow!

Jen
Old 10-06-2003, 09:45 AM   #13  
thin within

Default zip this week

no loss to be reported this week. if only the metamucil would work... hopefully, exercise will help. i've found my walk-away-the-pounds tapes, richard simmons' broadway tape, and bodyflex book. now, i've just got to get a vcr set up.

congrats to all who have seen progress this week. good luck to all. have a great week!
Old 10-06-2003, 10:33 AM   #14  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Hi Everyone!

I lost 4 pounds this week!! For a total of 9 pounds for the challenge! I am so thrilled!!

I just might make my goal of 15 by the end of the month!

WOO HOO!!
Old 10-06-2003, 12:03 PM   #15  
reaching my goals

No loss for me. Gonna start walking tonight though. Someone ask me if I did tomorrow so I'll have to be accountable. Not doing so well with just being accountable to myself.