Old 09-28-2003, 09:23 PM   #1  

Default Lactitol

Anyone ever eat anything that has ever used it? My mom bought something for me today and it has this in it.

The item carbs are listed like this:

Total Carb - 24g
Fiber - 2g
Sugar - 0g
Lactitol - 21g

and then a brief description of Lactitol:

Lactitol (a sugar substitute) is a slowly metabolized carb that generally causes only a small rise in blood glucose levels.

Anyone got info on this for me?

BTW, serving size is 5 pieses in one sitting.

Thanks!!
Old 09-28-2003, 11:12 PM   #2  
WW Moderator

I haven't, but I read an email by somebody that liked it, and didn't have stomach upset afterward. What was the brand of candy that used it?
Old 09-29-2003, 08:24 PM   #3  

Hershey's Sugar Free Candies.

They come in regular chocolate, dark chocolate, chocolate with almonds and Reece's Peanut Butter Cups.
Old 10-01-2003, 05:46 PM   #4  
LC Rooster

I reported on these a while back. They seem to agree with me, for the most part--except for one thing.

The Reeses. I love them. If I eat one serving of them (4 or 5 pieces), though, I'll drop a couple pounds in less than an hour...and not in a good way. Let's just leave it at that.

One or two at a time, as an occasional treat, though, isn't a problem for any of them.

I'd suggest you wait until you are going to be home for the rest of the night before you try having more than 2-3 of any of those at one time. Just in case.

If you like peppermint patties, look for some of the Russell Stoffer's candies. They have a peppermint patty that are even better than York's. They also have a bunch of others: caramel cups, truffels, pecan delights, etc.