Old 08-12-2003, 09:46 AM   #1  

Default Newbie in need of info

Hello all!
I've been lurking for a couple of days and I've already learned a lot!
I started doing Atkins on June 21. I lost 12 pounds during the first two weeks.
I haven't lost (or gained) anything this week and would have been really bummed if I hadn't read about the Atkins bars on this board. I just found them last week at GNC and bought a few. I don't think I'll try that again for a while.
Do the shakes have the same effect? I have two shakes left and if they do the same thing, I'll leave them alone, too. (That won't be any hardship, I bought the cafe au lait flavor and it's not very good.) I just hate to waste the money.
I'm finding the plan easy to stick to and I'm never hungry. After the first 3 or 4 days, the carb craving went away and I had more energy. This is a good thing since school starts next week and I'll need all the energy I can muster to face a classroom full of 8th graders for the year. Well, I'd better go get my day started. I look forward to sharing with all of you and learning from you. Have a great day.
Old 08-12-2003, 05:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Hey Tippur, Welcome to the LC.

The shakes and bars seem to be bad news in general while on induction. Personally I've stayed away from them like the plague. From all experiences around here that I've read, the fastest losers are just eating exactly what is on the induction list, no creativity at all.

Glad you found us, looking forward to getting to know you better.

Tummy