Old 07-29-2003, 08:15 PM   #1  

Wink I am new to Atkins and thanks......

.......for all the help and info I have been getting here on this forum and the others. I actually am on day 2 and to be honest right now I could eat a cow......I am so hungry. I thought that you did not get hungry on this diet and that is why I thought I would try it.....WHO was I kidding!!!!!!!!! Anyway I appreciate all the help and info. Any other tips and advice is welcome

Lisa
Old 07-29-2003, 08:36 PM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Lisa I was hungry for the first 2 1/2 weeks, it does get ALOT easier as the day's go on. Make sure your drinking plenty of water.

If your hungry EAT!!! at least for the first week. Eat what ever is on the induction (meats, eggs, etc). If you don't want meat have more greens. A cucumber w/salt is nice (but yah gotta eat it cold) mmmm.

Good luck !!
Leenie
Old 07-29-2003, 10:14 PM   #3  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Yup, what Leens said

Drink your water, and eat if your hungry, just eat what your allowed on induction. Honest, the hunger goes away....kinda like magic. This diet is the only one Ive been on where Ive actually forgotten to eat!! For the first time in my life!!

Hang in there, you can do it!
Old 07-29-2003, 10:25 PM   #4  

Thanks! I have been drinking two 32 oz bottles of water a day and then ice tea and yes one diet coke.......I know I am not suppose to have the aspertain stuff and the caffiene (spelling?) but I can't give up everything. I will try the cukes though, I do like them. Today I ate some celery with cream cheese. to take the edge off dinner, but then when I ate, a big saald with cheese and ceasar dressing and a grilled turkey breast, I was satisfied very quickly. So I can live through it!
Lisa
Old 07-29-2003, 11:58 PM   #5  
Bad Mamma Jamma

Height: 5'7"

I still have my one (and sometimes two) Diet Coke lily! I'm just not ready to give up ALL of my little happies. Esp not Diet Coke.

If you like deviled eggs, you might want to keep some made up. I find that when I'm hungry even one (you know, a half) will knock the edge off. Those little babies are no light weight snacks!
Old 08-01-2003, 08:32 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Post Hang in there

To just add to what the other ladies said, it does get soo much easier! I'm at almost 3 weeks. When my doctor said, you won't even want a diet coke after awhile I asked him what he was smoking? The first week, I was so hungry I swear I almost chewed my arm off, but I did the same as eveyone else, make sure you have those handy snacks in the fridge, my lifesaver was cucumbers with tuna and mayo on top, it's "almost" like having a cracker, really. I'm on Carb Addict's plan so I'm not sure if that is totally atkins friendly though.

Now I'm forcing myself to eat at least one meal a day other than dinner. And I'm not exaggeratting when I saw forcing, it's really hard to eat sometimes cuz i'm always so full.

Keep up the good work Lisa, it'll get easier before you know it.

Tummy
220/204/145
Started low carb July 13 @ 220lbs

Last edited by Tummy Girl; 08-01-2003 at 08:36 AM.
Old 08-01-2003, 09:53 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Yup, it gets easier, some days I'm hungry but mostly I'm not. I'm not eating snacks during the day anymore and my salad at lunch I have to force it in. But I am making sure I'm getting enough calories as well as carbs. I don't want to go to low with both and totally screw up my body, I don't think thats healthy.

Tummy Girl, WTG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-01-2003, 11:16 AM   #8  

Lilybut-I too started Atkins just 5 days ago. I read the Atkins Book in the past and lost a quick 10 pounds but I felt like my kidneys were popping out of my back (too much protein, too little water). I should review what Induction actually limits us to eating but I'm pretty much just trying to stay under 15 g of carbs. I found a world of products out there that taste wonderful and I don't even know what I'm missing-I'm eating luxuriously! I weighed myself today and already have lost 5.6 pounds! I'm drinking TONS of water but I'm also eating a lot as well. I know the weight loss will definitely slow down but when you have a lot of weight to lose (110 pounds like I do), seeing that scale move is a great motivator, especially since a couple months ago I did a low fat diet for 6 weeks and exercised 5 days a week the whole time and only lost 8 pounds total. I am now a believer and I think Atkins is GREAT!!!