Old 06-17-2003, 04:24 AM   #1  
Senior Chicky

Angry Tuesday Daily ~ June 17 th

Walking softly.....using a flash light to find the coffee pot.....trying not to wake ya'll.....

Sleepless in Houston would make a good movie, don't ya think?

Having puter problems again. DS (Michael) got it going again tonight. DS (Chad) the puter fixer just keeps telling me I need a new one and to get DSL. This thing isn't that old! Well, at least I didn't think so!

Life is life. And Grateful to have it. DH & DS's returned early from their fishing trip as weather was getting worse and so was the fishing. Messed up some of my plans but enjoyed the weekend with them. Ended up having many more people over for our Dads Day get together. I think half the kids around showed up. Pretty exhausting but nice.

Took DH to Sams to pick up his gift from me on Saturday as it was much too heavy for me to maneuver (motorcycle lift) and he told me to go ahead and buy the FloorMate. I've been wanting one for sooooo long but was hoping to catch a good sale. Has anyone used the FloorMate? Sure hope it makes cleaning wood and ceramic flooring easier.

Also bought a mini processor. We experimented with making homemade salsa. It turned out pretty good for the first try. So, appetizers for our cookout ended up being guacamole, salsa and queso dips. So don't ask me if I stayed OP, 'k?

Hair and nails today. Had to wait five weeks for this very pricey hairdresser. But the last one turned my blond highlights reddish! Not too happy with that! I was having to go to him about every 3.5-4 weeks for a cut - I can actually still style my hair after five weeks of growth. So, I thinks she might be worth the monies!

Have a great one my chickie friends! Hope you're sleeping peacefully with Angels at your beds!

J
Old 06-17-2003, 07:05 AM   #2  
she who must be obeyed

Hi Janice and all to come!!

I'll have coffee with you this am, I love the early morning with no one awake but me. Hubby already left for work, but everyone else is still snug in bed.

Some news I want to share with my low-carb friends. This is big for me.......for the first time in almost 23 years of marriage (23 years next month) I WEIGH LESS THAN MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 06-17-2003, 07:29 AM   #3  

Good morning everyone!

WOW!!! Way to go Deb! That must be an awesome feeling

Janice, sounds like you got a great stylist--I lucked out and got the best in town too and yeah, having to wait for an appointment tests your patience, doesn't it?

We have a trike-a-thon to go this afternoon with the drop-in cneter. They are doing a partnership with the health unit in conjunction with TV free week. Should be a lot of fun since they have a lot of games and prizes and stuff. I know Miree will love it. Best part is she get's to ride her trike on the icepad of the arena. I think they are going to have some officers there to check for proper fit of helmets too which is good.

Until then I have to do a huge flylady of the kitchen, last dribs and drabs of laundry and make some menu plans.

Have a great day everyone
Old 06-17-2003, 08:22 AM   #4  

Janice, we are sisters, you know. I was up at 3:30- fell back off to sleep around 5 for an hour. But I know that the reason was I felt HUNGRY, which only happens when I am eating carbs at night- I think my blood sugar drops in the night and i feel hungry and it wakes me up. I had some cottage cheese and cranberry juice for the sugar, and it made me drowsy- like a sleeping pill, but fattening!

I have been doing some playing around with a neat concept for me- want to hear?

Eating less food! I haven't been OP for a while, other than a few days here and there. I have gained about 5 lbs in the past 5 months, but I have to settle down. I have been eating small portions but I am eating what ever I want. But I have to cut the carbs- it just has me so hungry all the time, that I am grazing constantly. I can keep it to a small snack, but it is too frequent. So I have to do a stricter low carb thing.

Plus, my sister just lost 14 lbs in 3 weeks, on Atkins. I have been trying to get her to try this for years, but it never clicked. But I know that with her metabolism, she'd do great, and she really feels good- so that is inspiring me to get stricter with myself.

I am off to work soon; I had to be home this morning to meet the appraiser for this house, which is sold. DH and I are making the plans for our move, sometime around July 4th weekend. I'll be off-line for a few days or a week then.

Morning Ruth! Love those iris!

Hi Debkay, that is wonderful, I wish I weighed less than my skinny husband- he'd be shocked to know what I weigh!

Hi Pooky, want to be OP together today and tomorrow? I'll check back later tonight, around 8, and see...

dottie

Hi sue, I didn't see you- congrats on your new job! Join the healthcare administrator world, all QA and JCAHO and regulatory he!! I stayed off your "what should I do thread" on purpose, although I knew you'd do great, it is a huge PAIN> but less heavy lifting for sure! Great news!

Last edited by dottiejon; 06-17-2003 at 08:29 AM.
Old 06-17-2003, 08:23 AM   #5  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Well things are going well here day off I think today. we will see.

As for the job I was offered a different flor which is good for some reasons and bad for others. I will go into detail later but have to get the kid to school.
Old 06-17-2003, 08:25 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sleepytime tea really worked last night! I didn't wake up until 6:15! The Girls slept in too - not sure what their excuse is!

Wow, Janice. You are definitely the early-Chick today. I have a super stylist who is also very busy. Luckily he is also a friend who goes to our Church. When he sees me looking too shaggy on a Sunday, he always works me in. This weekend he told me I'm due for a perm!

Debkay, I am very impressed. I don't think I've ever weighed less than my husband - not while I've had him anyhow.

Pooky, the trike-a-thon sounds great. I'm glad to hear about the helmet check. Miree - and Mommy - will have a great day.

Dottie, July 4 sounds like a very auspicious day for a move. I hope you don't miss too much 3FC time but we will be watching for you. I'm glad your house is sold. Did it sell a while ago or just recently? I may have missed it.

I didn't get to work out in the garden yesterday as it was still too wet - damned clay soil! This morning is the morning to finish seeding and planting, I hope. Things are looking really good out there!

During Gail-time yesterday, I had three drop-ins! One was my cousin Ian from The Island who stayed and stayed - and talked and talked. Gail was trying to clean around us so we moved to the front porch where I made a discovery. A robin is nesting on top of the decorative birdhouse on my lattice wall! She must have built that nest darn fast and popped the eggs in over the weekend. I have a rule that I will not remove nests if they have eggs in them. So we will have to limit our porch sitting for a while. As long as I don't have poop on my furniture, I'll be happy.

I washed quilts yesterday and hung them out. Unfortunately one of my antique quilts finally gave up the ghost and self-destructed in the washer - sad but bound to happen eventually. I don't believe in NOT using pretty things and have had years of pleasure out of that one. I also dropped my expensive Rowenta iron and cracked the water chamber. It was not a good day in that respect!

Anyhow, today WILL be a good day. The only thing I absolutely HAVE to do is call around the area to make sure the schools have their work ready for pick-up for Delta Fair. There should be lots. This year we are having a draw for $200 for the kid who enters more than four items in the Fair. Of course, I have to pick them up and pin them up in display once they are judged. Pick-up this week but judging and display not until July 21. I love NOT being the Treasurer.

Gotta go and jump-start with another coffee!
Old 06-17-2003, 08:56 AM   #7  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning Ladies

DebKay, WTG!!! I know just how you feel! Its a wonderful feeling Im so happy for you!! Have you tried on any of his clothes yet? I love putting on hubby's denim shirt, and having it hang and bag on me!! Last summer it was too small! Ohhhh, I just had a thought, ........go to victoria's secret, buy something sexy and wear it under one of his favourite shirts (have fun!)

Pooky, sounds like a fun day!

Well, Ive been up very early the last few mornings, I suspect its because of all the birds twittering, and the sunlight pouring into the open windows. Its nice

Got alot done yesterday, all the gardens cleaned out. The maple keys were everywhere, and starting to grow maple trees. All my impatients are finally planted, and I weededout mini maple trees out of my front garden. Then I came in the house and made muffins for hubby, and proceeded to test them I must say, they were very good

I hope everyone has a great day

Robin
Old 06-17-2003, 10:08 AM   #8  
It's MY Life

Morning Everyone!! I woke up super early today--baby birds and mom outside my window having breakfast I guess. It's true what they say about the "early bird!"
My mom is still under the weather today. She did finally call the doctor's office yesterday, but as of last night at 8:30 they had not gotten back to her! They better be calling her today or I will be making a long distance call up there and "encouraging" them to do so. She said she feels about the same, so that can't be a good thing. Hopefully today will bring better news.
Last night my son had 2 basketball games. He played really well. Maybe too good--in the second game one of the other team's players took it upon himself to give my son a hard shot to the mouth with his forearm. My son turned around and looked at him in disbelief--didn't know what to think. Anyway the ref made both of them sit down. Some of my son's teammates then started loudly questioning "indirectly" why he had done it. The other boy started yelling back and soon one of our boys was asked to leave the gym. Don't you just LOVE summer league???? My son came home with a bloody jersey and a fat lip. I hadn't seen my son say or do anything prior to the incident, but quizzed him like crazy afterwards and he said he had no idea what the kid was thinking. He thought that maybe he was just getting frustrated.
I totally blew my diet when we got home--I started out okay--shaved turkey, tomato, lettuce, onion, mayo and no bread, but from there it went to two big handfuls of potato chips and a BIG glass of wine. Maybe it was the stress of the day, but I can't make excuses for myself. Back to the drawing board today.
I can't remember if I posted this yesterday or not, but I ordered the "Body Flex" exercise system. It is supposed to combine special breathing and resistance exercise. They "promise" 4-14 inches lost in the first 7 days (measured in 6 different areas) I found a challenge group on another website that has been doing it for awhile and they seem to be having good success. It should be here in 3-5 days, so I am looking forward to giving that a try. I'll keep you posted.

Janice--sorry about the insomnia and the 'puter problems. I am the resident insomniac at our house--I can't remember when I slept a whole night. It is no fun. Enjoy your Floor Mate--a friend of mine just got one recently and she really likes it.

Debkay--Congrats and big hugs to you!! That is just great!

Pooky--Have fun at your trike-a-thon--sounds like a blast!

Dottie--good luck with your move! Hey I want to join in if I can--I'll check in tonight and see how we did OP--last night's potato chips were NOT a good thing!

Sue--Congrats on new job and enjoy your day off!

Ruth--sorry to hear about your quilt and Rowenta iron. That is really too bad. Hope today goes better!

Okay, ladies I have written a book--hope you all have a good day!!
Old 06-17-2003, 10:28 AM   #9  
Slimwithin

I'm actually in here early today. Had to turn the computer on to do a couple of pay cheques so I thought I'd check in with you folks while I drink my coffee.
My uncle passed away suddenly yesterday. I guess if you have to go, it's best to go quickly and relatively painlessly. He would have been 90 in November and in July, his daughter was planning a big 65th anniversary bash for him and my aunt. I had planned to visit them both today because my aunt had told me he wasn't feeling too well and they'd just found out that he had a large growth on his liver. The prognosis wasn't very good but he was scheduled for more tests. Anyhow, I'm still going to visit today and my sis is coming in and will go with me. This is our uncle by marriage and our last uncle. He was a good, kind man and I'm glad he didn't suffer long. It's just such a shock that within days of feeling off color (literally as the liver troubles had turned him yellow), he collapsed at home and died upon reaching the hospital.
Anyhow, I'd better get busy as I have to make a run to the bank, water my hanging baskets and do something with my hair before I can leave. Catch you later.
Old 06-17-2003, 11:36 AM   #10  

Default Morning early birdies

Lots of activity for a rainy Tuesday morning--Oops I forgot-it is probably only raining in Ohio --the rain capitol of the universe!

I had a long post adressing all you chickies and your morning comments-but of course my computer froze up and I lost it--RATS!
Got up this morning and took 2 small swipes of the chocolate cake I made yesterday then quickly made some bacon and eggs before I did anymore damage.
DebKay- on being smaller than your hubby!! I was there once-and can't wait to be there again--enjoy-you deserve it!

Linda-sorry to hear about your uncle-especially right before an anniversary party-but then again 90 years old is impressive-and crossing over with no suffering is even better!

Well, sorry I don't have time to speak to you all directly again-but I'll check in later..

BTW-sent in 3 resumes in the past 2 days wish me luck to get one job anyway!

Miss D
Old 06-17-2003, 01:16 PM   #11  
It's MY Life

Linda, I am so sorry to hear about your uncle. When it happens so suddenly like that it seems to hit even harder. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 06-17-2003, 05:41 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 316/234/196

Height: 5' 3"

Linda - sorry about your uncle...

Debkay - congrats on reversing your gender roles

My space cadets made it back ok, although very late. We have been running around like mad getting ready for a trip. I will be offline for the next 5 weeks but I'll see y'all in Aug!

Here's hoping the weather finally improves.