Old 06-25-2002, 07:18 AM   #1  
she who must be obeyed

Default Daily, Tuesday June 25th

Wake up, coffee is on, good and strong, leaded of course.

Back in a minute.

Debbie

I'm back, trying to plan out my day. My house really needs a once over, but I can push that to the back burner, yet again. One of these days I'll get to it.

It is icky, sticky in the south today. We have had such nice weather up until now Now if you walk out the door you melt before you get to your car. That's the part I hate about living in the south, but I sure do like the 70's in Feb. guess you take the good with the bad.

Have a good one
Debbie

Last edited by debkay; 06-25-2002 at 07:38 AM.
Old 06-25-2002, 07:55 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning,

Hazlenut coffee is almost ready, anyone want some ?

Did really well with eating yesterday and exercising hope I can repeat it again today. Its so pretty outside. You know driving to work lately I see soooooooo many bunny rabbits and wood peckers....how weird is that. I mean you may see a few here and there but there are tons lately.

Deb, the only thing about the summer I hate is the humidity and Bee's eeeeeeeeeeew. Other than that I love it....oh and I hate sweating

Have a wonderful day.

Love Leens

Last edited by Leens; 06-25-2002 at 07:57 AM.
Old 06-25-2002, 08:05 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Now, Leens! Southern ladies like Miss Debkay don't sweat! They just gently glow.

Has been a bit icky sticky here too, Deb. Nothing like the South, of course. I am going out in a few minutes to put in the last few basil plants - pesto coming up! Then a shower and off to the city. I am getting a slight (I hope) perm on the top of the head to give me a lift. Maybe adding an inch of hair will make me look slim? Wish me luck.

Tonight is the official Board Meeting when the rank and file will learn I am not going to be the Treasurer next year. Maybe I should drink a lot of wine with dinner and tell them the REAL reason before they make up reasons. Actually I am just going to make the announcement with no embellishments and see what the rumour mill generates.

Tippy, get your butt back in here and give us a health report!

Gotta get going before it gets too hot. Will check in later.
Old 06-25-2002, 08:13 AM   #4  
she who must be obeyed

Ruth and Leens, that's right southern belles don't sweat, we "glisten."

I'll be glistening today

Debbie
Old 06-25-2002, 08:21 AM   #5  

Glistening? I'm telling you, if I ever glistened, there would be a call to Roswell and I'd be whisked away!

Going to drop in this morning for our morning romp and chat with mommies and kids. Going to be another warm one today--not complaining at all, just relieved to see some sun!

Leens, I can say I'm not a big bee fan myself--was stung on the chest as a child and ever since I hate the things!

Ruth, you don't need to explain anything to anyone--you hav served well on that board and as far as we can see, they've taken advantage of you. Thier loss!

Hey Deb--We have the opposite problem, usually i january we freeze solid before getting into the car--and even the car is frozen solid!

Have a good one all those to come!
Old 06-25-2002, 08:25 AM   #6  
Old Cackler

Default another glistening day here

see/??? more practice for southern-hood!!!!

and ruth, the extra inch will make you taller, which automatically makes you thinner!! and i'm with you... just tell them, and then see what happens. it's fun tracing all the grapevines then, because you learn the truth about who gossips with whom!!!

and bunnies have bunny-ettes, and they're old enough to hop around now, leenie. so drive carefully!!! you don't really want to hurt thumper, do you??? and hanging out with a cup of hazelnut coffee on your swing, with baby gracie sounds heavenly right now, but work beckons. summons. demands.. whatever.

and deb... it's always a treat to see you. how's your son's arm?

and maybe dawna will check in later. no wonder you lost so much weight!!! all that housework and kid work!!! you must be exhausted!

see ya'll later. i hope...
Old 06-25-2002, 09:41 AM   #7  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning,
You all seem so perky this am! I made it to Target yesterday, but bought the wrong size undies for DH so I have to go back. My kitty depleted the bunny population by one yesterday so she was happy, and the kids had a great time a cam. I am going to sign up for another 2 sessions. I like the level of care and I like that they are offering a few beginner sport classed for older boy.
I cleaned my bedroom yesterday and managed to backing soda the carpet to boot. Next is a boy room. I did get a few of the vacuum zip loc bag things yesterday so I will be able to store the winter cloths better. Other than that I am going to look for a new bike. I have to sell my old one. I want one of those prissy upright bikes instead od my mountain bike. It is very uncomfortable but I am hoping to make a reasonable trade at the bike shop.

Have a good sunny day all and try not to glisten to much!
-L
Old 06-25-2002, 10:10 AM   #8  
It's MY Life

Morning Everyone. It is just plain sultry outside already--we are heading for the 90's again today. DS has a football game tonight so I already have bottles of water freezing so that he can stay hydrated. At least it is not til 6:00 so the sun won't be so intense. Not much else to report from here. Not one of my more "perky" days. Got to gather my energy forces and get busy here.

Pooky, congrats on the weightloss--that is terrific!

Sue, I am so very glad for you. Congrats on getting that job!

Dawna, how old is the DS who is giving you fits? I just did the big 8th grade party thing last year for my DS--good luck to you.

L, good luck with the bike shopping.

Ruth, good luck at your meeting--maybe we can make up a story here about why you're resigning. Fresh Basil Pesto--yum!

Leens, good job on the eating and exercising yesterday. If you are like me it is a "one day at a time" battle. We can do this.

Jif, I'm glistening, glowing and more here.

Debkay, good to see you here--hey that mess, it always waits for you, don't worry.

Tippy, worrying about you here. Take care of yourself.
Have a good one everyone!
Old 06-25-2002, 10:23 AM   #9  

Have I told you all how much I like it here? The weather is AWESOME! After all that damn rain in Seattle through the winter (when I got to listen about everyone else's 'unseasonably warm weather') I am basking in the glory of the sun and praising God that there is a cool breeze!

DD LOVES her summer camp, which makes me so happy. I had a little separation anxiety, but I know she has to grow up and be independant at some point in her life -- I may as well let her wings start to grow!

So, the bad news is that I seem to have found Pookys 12 pounds. I couldn't get on my new pants this morning and they just fit me last month! I guess all those cookies have played havoc with my waist line. BUT -- I am determined to GET BACK ON TRACK! I have been drinking all my water, I am finding my way to my treadmill and the Pilates machine and I am recommiting to veggies and protein! Hopefully its just water bloat and it won't take long at all!

So, that's about it here in beautiful, sunny, Rhode Island! I hope you chicks have a GREAT day! Enjoy the weather because in February we will all be like "when is it ever going to end"????
Old 06-25-2002, 02:56 PM   #10  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

You girls I am sure glistening a lot here so much i hate to tell you!!! exercise is still in the works but i am going to start to go earlier as it is too hot to do much later.

Dawna have you tried some chromuim that seems to helpwith the cravings and if all else fails try the dark chocolate, a small peice but it seems to help when the stress is on, and the candy is looking better and better.

PPPSSSTTT no body tell Jennie about the snow!!!

Ruth here's to sticking to your guns!!! you need your time!
Old 06-25-2002, 06:56 PM   #11  
Hang In There

Jenni: you didn't get all of Pooky's 12 pounds. I got half of them. How could I have put on 6 pounds in just 4 days? Couldn't have possibily been Roxy's Deli's cheesecake, or The baked potatoes, or the burger and fries? And I even introduced my "yankee" sister to FRIED JAPELENTOs. They are from Friday's and they are to die for. (oh yeah, I guess I can't forget the onion rings either!)

Well I guess you can tell that I had a great time on my "mini Vacation" But it's back on the wagon today. Yesterday was a practice day...couldn't quite get back with the program... but today is much better.

We got a update for our computer system here at work while I was gone, and it's driving us all crazy. It's in double SLOW motion, and it will only let one person into the customer files at a time. (we have 8 that are all doing the same thing,) so right now my son is talking to the tech guy's and Alvin is saying dirty words!

Me, I'm just playing games and reading the boards...
Old 06-25-2002, 10:42 PM   #12  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Disgusting and sweaty and stinky!! that is me. i just spent 7 hours tying to fix my plumbing. I hate to pay a man to come and do it (especially when i have no $$) when with a little hard work i can do it my self. well i figured out after a while that it was not just the drain but the whole house trp!!! and it is plugged to the gills!!! i managed to break the trap too!! (to much weight lifting) so I had to cob a repair and to top it all off the plug seems to be in the pipe that leads out to the street. I can not remove that cap as it is cross threaded and wil not budge and i do not want to hit it with a hammer as i am afraid to break it!! and i can not fix that!!