Old 06-16-2003, 06:50 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Cluck - Monday, June 16

Gorgeous morning out there and supposed to be nice all week!

The Girls are pottied, fed, cuddled and are outdoors chasing butterflies and birds that dare to come into their yard. I think they know we are in for a great weather week with lots of outdoor play.

This is Gail-day and I've not done my tidy yet so I'm just starting us up. There is coffee (both kinds) and salami, cheese and hard boiled eggs on the kitchen counter. Help yourself and then take a seat on the back deck to admire the iris, oriental poppies and fabulous lemon lilies. I must take a purple/orange/yellow picture.

Up and at it, Chickies - whatever your "it" is for today!
Old 06-16-2003, 08:08 AM   #2  

Good Morning Ruth, I will take that cup of coffee and lounge on the deck for a few minutes

I have only a few minutes before I get Miree to preschool for her last day! Wednesday is her graduation ceremony and her dad is taking the morning off work just too see her I can't wait.

Have not been good on program these last few days--I am working my way up to it though. I did have a nice OP dinner but then the snackies got me! I am shooting for one OP day and then I know I can do this!

Have a good one everyone
Old 06-16-2003, 08:27 AM   #3  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

OK i guess I have been working a bit too hard ......

I showed up for work and was not needed. LOL

well there was a reason for that though and the supervisor did not clearly look at the schedule nor did she even look at all. SOOOO i got up this am for nothing!!!

the kids have the day off and well I could have slept in for the first time in months but NOOOOO I had to show up for work looking like some one who loves to slave away!!! LOL

So instead I did an inservice and am going to clean the house and wait untill 3 pm to really go into work.

MMM the coffee is good. and i love those poppys and irises and well so the lillies too. thanks ruth the breakfast is just what i needed to start the day off right!!
Old 06-16-2003, 08:41 AM   #4  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Morning Sue and Ruth,
DH and older boy made it home from space camp around 1:15 am
Both are still asleep.
It took me the rest of yesterday to finish up the closet and my bedroom. I bought some plastic storage containers at Target and filled almost all of them!
I got a call form my old friend/babbysitter last night. We has a little falling out way back in October and she want to put it past us. We will see, she wants to meet for coffee today. Coffee I do so it is a possability.
I have decided to let my brother handel my father and his lovely bride. She goes away for a few weeks later in the summer and that may be the time to talk to dad.

I a going to go get a few things done while the gouse is quiet. It is a little cool but looks like a nice day.
-L

Ruth today is my Gail day to so I have to do the tiddying stuff to,
be well, have a great day.
Old 06-16-2003, 09:49 AM   #5  
It's MY Life

Good Morning To All!

It is sunny again today--amazing-3 days in a row! Had a good OP day yesterday. My DH and DS are starting to get a little to used my doing real cooking--when the school year gets here their systems will be in shock! We grilled ribeyes lastnight and I tried a new recipe for an "on the side" sauce for them. It had tomatillos, avocado, cream cheese and onion all creamed together in a blender. The boys really liked it.
Had some bad news yesterday, when I called my dad for Father's Day he said that my mother was not feeling well again. Her health has been on the down side since last November when she ended up in the hospital. It seems that the last few nights when she goes to bed she end up getting sick in the middle of the night. My dad has finally convinced her to call her doctor today. To put it as nicely as I can she does not take very good care of herself shall we say. I am very worried about her. Hope they figure something out.
As for our day-DS had to be up by 6:00 for football so I got up and made him a good breakfast,(I was awake anyway--our dog has been having some stomach upset since her stay at the kennel last weekend and she insisted I take her out to "potty" at 2:20 this morning. She went back to sleep, but I didn't. ) then at 3:00 he has a student council meeting and then he has 2 basketball games in another town tonight. We need to be there by 5:00. Since he is driving I only have to be accountable for the basketball games--wouldn't miss them for the world. My schedule involves more of the laundry, cupboard cleaning out kind of routine.

Ruth, your deck invite sure sounds great--so pretty!!

Pooky, enjoy that preschool graduation--before you know it you will be getting ready for highschool graduation--the time goes that fast!

Sue, dang, sorry you missed out on a chance to sleep in--I know you could have used that!

L, glad your boys made it safely home from space camp.

Hello to all yet to come and hope that your Monday is the start to a good week!

Last edited by AdoAnnie; 06-16-2003 at 09:52 AM.
Old 06-16-2003, 09:53 AM   #6  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Thumbs down Happy Monday!!

2 days in a row!!! can you believe it, the sun plans on being out all day today! Thats 2 days! I even got a bit of a burn on the back of my neck yesterday

We went to the arts festival yesterday, and it was jam packed. We got there at 11, when it opens, but obviously it had been open for a while. Nothing too impressive, but we did see our favourite potter from Rochester. Placed our order with her while we were there, and she will deliver it in August when she comes for the Elmwood arts festival. Her stuff sold very very quickly last christmas, so hopefully it will again this year.

Im off to get some gardening done. I was going to plant my impatients yesterday, but hubby turned into Mr. Crankypants after a phone call from his mother. So......I left him be and cleaned the house instead lol. Today he is out on a job site, and his mood is MUCH better, but Im home alone today, so its a good day to get lots done.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Robin
Old 06-16-2003, 10:12 AM   #7  

Default Hellllloooo--I'm Back!!

Hello! Hubby had the week off and we were busy all week--I need to catch up on all the postings-and see what I missed!
Back OP today--well I hope anyway!

Have a great day all!

Miss D
Old 06-16-2003, 10:42 AM   #8  

Back on Induction - Day 1. Please pray that it sticks this time. My cold meds are making me sleepy.
Old 06-16-2003, 04:26 PM   #9  
Slimwithin

Good afternoon, gang. I went for an early swim and got in a pretty good one hour workout, even though we yack constantly. LOL That's the nice thing about going with friends. The time sure goes quicker.
It's a lovely, sunny day here too and I should be cleaning my house, (even though I don't have a Gale coming to finish the job...darn). I have a pile of paperwork to do though, so I won't even be able to get out in the garden. Probably too hot by now anyhow. Everyone has been admiring my back garden andI have to admit it is looking very lovely right now. The hanging baskets around the patio area are particularly lush this year with combinations of white trailing Bacopa, wave double petunias, trailing verbena, geraniums and carnations. Wonderful scents from those petunias. My containers with asiatic lilies are in bloom and looking quite spectacular in front of the triple waterfall. Beyond the waterfall, you can see my mixed border in the back yard and even though the bearded irises are about finished, there are lots of perennial geraniums in a deep magenta in bloom, mixed colours of Sweet Williams, Shirley poppies looking like pink tutus, Stella d'Oro daylilies, lemon lilies, and a few snapdragons just starting to bloom. Volunteer sweet peas have popped up and are also blooming. Love their scent. Anyhow, it's a good day to relax in the shade with a good book. Wish I could be doing that instead of paperwork. LOL