Old 08-13-2004, 01:52 PM   #31  
Mommy x 4

S/C/G: 230/160/150

Well I am not new here, but I tend to go awol! HA.
My name is Leona, I am a 38 soon to be 39 (and holding onto nothing) mother of 4, 3 natural and one adopted. I have 3 boys 1 girl. My youngest is a special needs child. I am going through a divorce here as well. What a finacial disaster that causes. I am on Atkins low carb. I don't have much of an appetite lately, stress affects me that way, used to make me eat, now I just become Ms. Clean, just keep dusting, it will all be better.LOL Hope to get to know all you new ladies, we can support each other in our journey. My highest weight was 223lbs, almost 2 yrs ago, I have lost the weight on atkins, I have gone from a size 22 to a size 14, so slow but steady here.

Cheers
Leona
Old 08-28-2004, 02:41 PM   #32  

I am 29.I just started doing low carb in atempt to stop family illnesses before they happen,heart disesase diabetes and cancer.I am currently at 219.I also think that I have a sluggest meatabolism.
great job on the loss.
Old 09-06-2004, 09:16 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 260/220/140

Height: 5'4"

Default New to Atkins, but getting used to it.

I started Atkins on 8/29/2004. Today I actually am feeling like it isn't so bad. Most of my problems were thinking I could not eat any carbs, but I realized I can eat some. I have been looking at a lot of sites and this one is great! I can relate to so many people here. My oldest DD is in school (1st) and loving it! She loves packing her own lunch the night before. My other two DS (2yrs) and DD (1yr) go to a wonderful sitter and I never have to worry about them. My DD works away from home so he is gone anywhere from 2 weeks to 4 months at a time. He left 2 weeks ago so I figured it was time for a change since he would not be here to offer his favorite foods to me. He does construction so he is very fit, and spends most of his days eating chips and dip.

Thanks everybody for being a great support for each other it is very helpful.
Old 09-26-2004, 05:35 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs up Hi There!

Not new to this site, been visiting here for over a year, BUT I am trying out this atkins thingy lol. Started on Thursday and according to my keto strips, I'm burning fat BABY!

Just saying his and letting you all know there is one more newbie in this forum!
Old 09-27-2004, 10:18 AM   #35  

Uh Oh! I haven't been checking up here on this sticky post - WELCOME to you all!

Please feel free to post with us on the weeking LC chick chat post - we love to have new blood to motivate us in the right direction! We also use it for daily LIFE support so please join us.

Kel
Old 11-09-2004, 11:41 AM   #36  

Default tickerfactory??

I just love the weight loss bar thing at the bottom of some posts, how do I get that onto my posts?? This is the best site ever, I am getting the best ideas and motivation here. You all are the BEST!!
Old 11-09-2004, 11:49 AM   #37  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Please check out the main message board. There is a post under Help that will fix the problem. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48815
And welcome to 3FC!
Old 01-20-2005, 02:38 AM   #38  

Talking Newbie

Hello everyone! I just started LC saturday and it's going pretty good so far. I must admit it is very hard. I am going to Bally Fitness for the first time tomorrow, I have NEVER worked out before LOL. It is time though. I need to lose alot of weight to get to my goal and I know that I can't just diet so Bally here I come! I am very nervous because I feel so self concious about going into a gym and working out with my flab flying everywhere amongst the skinny athletic people. Oh well, they will just have to turn away if they don't want to see because I am on a mission! Well I just really wanted to introduce myself and say good luck to everyone here as well. I am 26 and a SAHM of 2 girls, 4 and 7. My husband is away in the military but we are moving to Texas in March. Now I'm in Ohio where I have lived my whole life. I think it will be an exciting change! The kids are a little less optimistic LOL. Anyways, I have alot of reading to do here there looks to be tons of info! I'm glad I found this site, I wish you all the best.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:54 AM   #39  

Welcome, Mel! You sound so 'UP' about your goals - JUST what we need around here! lol Please join us on the Daily chat thread so we can get to know you and give each other motivation and life support.

Kel
Old 01-22-2005, 02:31 PM   #40  
Binge Eater

Talking Newbie here!

I just started on the low carb diet today! I'm so excited by all of the positive posts I've read. I really would love any advice anyone has to help me stay motivated.Thanx in advance.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:07 PM   #41  

Default low carb question

I was on Atkins/Dr. Tague before the holidays. Since the holidays I have tried to get back on to the diet but just do not have the motivation. Any suggestions on getting started again? I thought I would join in and chat, maybe this will help get me motivated.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:03 PM   #42  
Taking the first steps...

I am starting a low carb diet tommorow! I'm not new to it, but fell off during my pregnancies (I had a boy May 2002 and a girl August 2004!) and I'm back to where 'I was before I lost weight. My name is Carla, I'm 29 , been married 4.5 years and looking to lose some weight! I don't know what I weigh, but I'm over 350 (I have a scale on the way that goes higher). My mini goal is to get to 350 and my ticker goal is to go from 350 to 150 (hence the 200lbs), but I will sort things out on the way with more mini goals so I don't get discouraged.

I'm pumped and ready to go!

Last edited by gottagetserious; 01-26-2005 at 03:10 PM.
Old 01-27-2005, 10:14 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 201/201/175

Height: 5'3"

Wink

Good Morning Clara,
Welcome aboard. It sounds like you're motitaved (does this note have spell check? And you'll do great.
I'm back on Low Carb and my motivation is health. My blood work came back awful. Trig. 564 / col 208/ the good stuff 38 and pre diabeties ...So I have to lose at least 20 pounds. So no more fooling around.
Well, I better get back to work ...don't want to get caught
Old 02-10-2005, 09:00 PM   #44  

Talking Newbie

Hey,
I'm new to this site. Been here a few weeks. Just started the Suzanne
Somers" plan. 10 days and 3 lbs. lost. YeaH!!!!!!!!
I am looking around for new ideas for lunch. Have to pack them.
This is a great site.
Juitsy
Old 02-11-2005, 08:48 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 201/201/175

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning, and Welcome
Lunch isn't too bad if where you work has a microwave. I usually make extra for dinner and put the leftovers in a container and instant lunch. I've also gotten addicted to Cauliflower of all things I steam a whole head and mash it like potatoes with a little butter put it in containers and you can add things like shreded cheese or grated cheese, even spices for a different flavor. You can also make "sandwiches" without the bread. I take a thin slice of cheese and cold cuts (just make sure they are good coldcuts like Boreshead with no fillers) roll them up and you have lunch. Salads work too. I put the ingredents in snack size baggies, lettuce gets a bigger bag. Then you just dump it on the plate and you're all set. I add hard boiled eggs, chicken, shrimp, sprouts anything with little or no carbs. This makes a great dinner too.
Well, back to work. Good luck