Old 12-02-2002, 04:31 PM   #1  

Hi, I am new here, it's my third day and i am trying my own low carb diet, but it's kind of hard. Can anybody give me some pointers on what to eat in a day, on a low carb diet. what helps you? is the weight coming off? Do you feel good? I am 32 years old and I live in Orangeville, Ontario Canada. I weight 220lbs aaahhhh.... And to top it alloff I have Lupus and I really need to get this weight off. Being on meds doesn't help. I hope I can do it with all your support. And my hard work. Please reply to my Questions!! I NEED HELP!!!! LOL Thanks alot Blondiegirlme
Old 12-02-2002, 04:43 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

hey there ladies... and blondie.. for some food ideas, check out the menu threads, and the recipe section.

glad you're all here!!!
Old 12-02-2002, 04:57 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome to the Low Carb Coop!

Blondie, I changed your post to make it show up better. Sometimes when a post gets tacked onto another person's introduction thread it gets missed so here you are, standalone and ready to get all the good advice and support these Chicks can give.

My advice is to read, read, read all the Low Carb info you can find. I am sure your local library has all the low carb books. If you are doing your "own" version of LC, you can run into problems. Maybe you could post some typical day's meals for us?

Please check out our frequently asked questions and recipe sections in this Low Carbohydrate Lifestyle Forum. There is lots of good info there.
Old 12-02-2002, 07:02 PM   #4  

read!

all the books have lists of approved food, mostly meat and veggies to begin, plus eggs, cheese, fish, poultry, mayo, butter, sour cream...
yum, I'm making myself hungry!
Old 12-03-2002, 10:14 AM   #5  

Thank-you guys,

I did go to the library and I am reading so more info on low carb.
Do you find you feel better on LC? And do you all find the weight comes off easier? One more question, do you have more energy as well? Thank you all, for your advise.

Thank-you Ruthxxx For fixing my post!!

How long have all of you been on the low carb diets?

Bye, hope you all have a good day today!! EAT WELL!!
Old 12-03-2002, 10:32 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

After the first few days, most folks feel better on Low Carb and have more energy. I find that a bacon and egg breakfast keeps me from being hungry at 10:30 - I can last well past noon!

For most folks the weight comes off faster than on a low fat diet - but some of us are turtles.
Old 12-03-2002, 11:46 AM   #7  

Hi Ladies,

I would like to join your group also. I just started Adkins. I have tried it before but didn't get many results after the initial phase.
From reading the posts here, seems alot of you have had wonderful success using low carb. I have about 30 #'s to lose and am determined to get them OFF!

I have a question for you. I have been reading labels, and I find sugar in almost everything, which as you know is a total no-no on Adkins. Do you use lunch meats, like ham and if so, where do you find them that have no sugar??

Angie
Old 12-03-2002, 03:16 PM   #8  

Hi Angie and BlondieGirl!

Welcome! I have been doing LC off and on for a couple of years, if you don't count the years in the 70's I finally figured out some things that work for me, and yes, I am losing well and have energy.

I'd find a plan that seems reasonable, start it, journal or record what works and what might be a problem, and keep making those changes that work. It is a process, because we are all so very different. I do best with a LOT of protien, and tracking things like the cream, cheeses, and nuts and keeping them to spice up things, but not be a major contributor of my daily calories. So, I've joined WW to just track this sort of thing. I found that using LOTS of low carb veges, SOME very low carb fruits and throwing out ideas that stall me, I am doing much better this time around.

About fatique. I was VERY tired the first few weeks, but I also was losing a great deal of weight. Then, I had another fatigue cycle as my blood pressure dropped to normal. Both of these were good things, but not fun. I am not doing anything extreme with exercise, as I think that can, over time, deplete your resources. Instead, I am very slowly building up a tolerance for activity. This was hard, as I used to be very active, but it is one thing I used to do wrong for me.

Now, I lose from .2 to 4 lbs a week, and I do feel very good. I'm going to be below 200 for the first time in at least 10 years. That is amazing!!

Hope you both find the path that works well for you, but just jump in and go. Su
Old 12-03-2002, 04:45 PM   #9  
Senior Chicky

Thumbs down Welcome Blondie & Angie!

I can't add much to the great advice already offered! Just wanted to welcome you and let you know I'm looking forward to getting to know you ! Jump in, ask lots of questions, post lots of opinions and enjoy lots of friendship and support!

W E Low Carbers Offer Motivation & Encouragement !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Janice
Old 12-03-2002, 07:42 PM   #10  
Old Cackler

janice honey. you're a doll!!! goofy. but a doll!!!!
Old 12-03-2002, 10:03 PM   #11  

Hi. I also want to join in this group. I have been on Atkins since the first week of October. I post on the Dieting with Fibromyalgia thread. I had tried Atkins before and just got so tired I hated it - this time, having FM and that crushing kind of fatigue, I find I have more energy. I just think the level of fatigue is not anything like I experienced with FM. I also think, that some of the problem is insulin related and that is why not so much fatigue. I have finally gotten my blood sugar stabalized.

I am so happy today - I got on the scale this morning and I had dropped 3 pounds. That is 17 or 18 pounds gone. That seems to make it worth while. I am a carb addict for sure. I would eat them and then an hour later have absolutely NO energy. I don't find this a sacrafice, I find it a blessing, because I feel like I do have some of my life given back. Next, I need to start with walking!
Old 12-04-2002, 08:44 AM   #12  
Senior Chicky

Angry Welcome H C !!!

WAY TO GO ON THE WEIGHT LOSS !!

J
Old 12-04-2002, 08:48 AM   #13  

Hi everybody,
I have to bring my little one to pre-school so I will make it quick.
I did very good yesterday. And it's because all of you keep me going. When I feel like cheating (which is all the time) I come in here and you guys make me feel better. I just want to say thank-you.
Happy Canuk good for you I am so proud of you. You have Fibro and I have Lupus. That wont stop us though. I think it is making us stronger. Reading your stuff makes me want to keep going.
All of you have a great day.
Later Gaters