Old 05-21-2003, 06:08 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Talking The Cluck - Wednesday, May 21

It poured rain most of the night. The dogs came in wet and cold at bedtime. Lucy was dried off and then insisted on sleeping in the confy chair on top of the dry towels. I just left her there. No wonder she is spoiled!

I really put the effort out yesterday again and am just a wee bit stiff this a.m. Leeds County clay is heavy and hard and I dug for several hours. Today is shaping up as a nice day but it will be too wet to dig - thank God!

L144S - welcome back from CO! I have not golfed for years but may get back to it. My score was terrible. I often wished I could just switch my bowling and golf scores.

Scooby, we had the same struggle with my son at that age. One morning he was up and dressed really early. Then I realized he had dressed in the next day's school clothes at bedtime to avoid the morning hassle.

Debkay, no maters in the shade, ever. I think the only veggie that is OK in the shade is rhubarb. Anyhow I thought you big-haired Southerners just grew watermelons and cotton.

Pooky, I hope today goes well for you. Remember Miree goes to drop-in tomorrow as you try to relax today. I bought a barking collar but it doen't seem to be releasing the spray - back to the vet tomorrow.

Jenny, so sorry about the job situation. It sounds like your company is not people-oriented. Remind me to boycott their products! However, having the summer with the boys could be a big benefit to you all.

Dyan, please check in when you can.

Nasus, great - no extra shifts unless you want them. Sanity is really much more important than cash. Keep the thumb in the bum with DH - you are doing fine!

Gotta get cracking on breakfast and then do two weeks of piano practice before I leave for my lesson!

Have a good Hump day.
Old 05-21-2003, 07:14 AM   #2  
she who must be obeyed

Morning Ruth and all to come.....just a quickie here. I just had to laugh at the watermelons and cotton being the only thing big-haired southerns grew. Did you know in the state of GA you must have a license to grow cotton......something about boleweivels (sp) So no cotton grown by me.
Old 05-21-2003, 07:26 AM   #3  

Morning Ladies,

Doing ok today, although it is difficult to walk into work knowing that my days are numbered. Oh well, I will survive. Thanks to everyone for their kind words, good friends helps ease the pain.

Busy day trying to wrap all my projects.

take care all
Old 05-21-2003, 07:39 AM   #4  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Here this morning. I was called this morning and said NO thankyou, if there is nobody else then I can do it but would prefer not to. so no call back, there were able to move some people around.

so much to do including drive to the nearest big town to get DD study book.

I will pop in later.
Old 05-21-2003, 08:17 AM   #5  

Good Morning everyone

Visualizing taking M to preschool today, hoping it will stave off a lot of the panic. I have to do this to rejoin my life. It is very scary for me but I know I can do it!

Jenny, (((HUGS))) I am so sorry it turned out this way...but I always think to myself that when there is adversity in your life there is always something positive to take with you. Who knows? Maybe God has a bigger and better plan for you!

Sue, you are so darned busy and I'm so glad you're standing your ground and not going in!

Thanks for the heads up Ruth--looks like the electronic collars are all we have left? Sigh....

Good Morning Deb! have a great day, OK?

Have a good one all those to come
Old 05-21-2003, 05:53 PM   #6  
Old Cackler

just a quick one for now...

jenny... good thoughts, warm fuzzies for you. yes, it's hard. and it will continnue to be a bit difficult. but reallly and truly, it will all be OK. i promise.

love to all...
Old 05-21-2003, 07:10 PM   #7  
Big Loser

Good evening to all!!

Jenny and Pooky - I continue to think of you and pray for you both!

Big Welcome to Sean!

Nasus, Ruth, Jiff and Deb hope your days went well. I am sitting at my PC at home waiting for a 7pm conference call to start...honestly - these West Coast people have no consideration for the time zones sometimes!!! It is so aggravating.

So here I sit contemplating my latest attempt at sticking to a diet plan. I have been doing Atkins again for the last 3 months - faithfully for half of it....I have lost about 15 lbs and am currently failing miserable at sticking with it. I am miserable adn need to get back at it. I need to purge the cabinets and fridge and just do it....

Hope all you chickies and rooster have a great night!
Old 05-21-2003, 08:21 PM   #8  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Rachel I too have been strugling to get with the plan too. i need a huge kick in the butt!!

we should start a daily challenge for us poor folks who can not seem to last a day!!!

I endedup going in this evening for 3 hours. So be it. I can use the cash. just shoveled out 70$ for DD passport.

So be it!!

I have been trying to get my clothes clean and my kitchen so I can see the sink.
Old 05-21-2003, 09:03 PM   #9  
Slimwithin

Well, don't feel bad, Chicks. Here's another slacker checking in. I had a real pig-out the past few days and managed to gain 5 lb virtually overnight! When a person goes OUT OF HER WAY to buy chocolate bars and then eats them in one sitting, don't you think there's something wrong with her head? I do. I did that yesterday. STopped at a convenience store to buy milk and bought three bars and gobbled them up within an hour. This was on top of a lunch of chinese food and then at least 8 chocolate chip cookies at my sister's.
Today it's strictly protein and water and a good workout at the pool. Sometimes I just don't know what to do about me. I seem to be my own worst enemy.

Anyhow, it was a busy weekend in the garden but I still have a long way to go. Yesterday I bought a hanging basket and today I found two more that I just love at 1/3 of the price of the first. Now, if I can just get dh to finish power washing our brick patio and get the white pergola over it painted up nice, we will be ready for summer.

I'm so sorry you've been having a relapse, Pooky. Do you have any idea what brings on these panic attacks? I'm afraid I'm not very clear on this sort of thing but it must be very frightening. I hope the new meds kick in quickly for you.

Well, not much else is new around here so I'll check in with you all tomorrow.
Old 05-21-2003, 11:25 PM   #10  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

I'll catch up with everyone tomorrow.....night