Old 01-23-2002, 07:15 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Daily Cluck Wednesday January 23

Cocka-a-doodle-doo! Wakey! Wakey! We don't have a rooster these days so I thought I'd do the honours. Of course I wore my rooster costume.

Another clear and relatively mild day coming up. That makes it nice for supervising puppy potty times. I could even stand on the deck in my warm robe, drink coffee and watch but it would not be the same. Dogs have so much fun and like you with them.

Dear Leenie is going to have one of the hardest days of her life when she goes back to work today. Let's all think good thoughts and prayers for her.

Yesterday was a majorly productive Tuesday! I express posted the quilt square and then went to the Office. Did the Bingo reports, got the bank deposit ready, filed the return for the GST (tax) refund, did the two month financial statement, got halfway through the grant report and even had a cup of tea with the seniors who play cards in the meetingroom on Tuesday. I resisted the homemade cookies and donuts which are called fried cakes here - donuts have yeast!

The Real Estate agent called to say my condo was listed for sale and that it had been shown to five prospective buyers already! I guess it will move fast. I am slowly making my life more simple - having tenants is a pain although I have been very lucky.

Gotta go do the breakfast thing and some piano practice.

Happy Hump Day
Old 01-23-2002, 07:48 AM   #2  

Default happy wednesday!

Hi Ruth, glad you're up and about! You are making me tired though!

This week should go fast! Today, a few details at work, but nothing overwhelming. I feel a little calmer than yesterday, and I think that's cause I got a lot done.

Leenie! We are all thinking of you!

everyone else, have a good one- Hey Deb, great to hear you're getting rested up...

I'm late, so I'd better run. Maybe I'll stop back tonight.

dottie
Old 01-23-2002, 08:14 AM   #3  

Happy Hump day!

Leens, I'm thinkig of you girl and holding your hand the whole time--feel it??

Ruth, glad to see someone was productive yesterday--I was a 3 toed sloth!

Dottie, nothing makes a week go faster than a lot of work completed--guess I need to take a piece of my own advice, huh?

I am dropping off a resume with my dd's daycare manager and hoping for the best. They do hire on helpers in thier various programs and although I may not be working at my dd's daycare I cold be working at another location. Works fine for me, all I want to do is stay working in a daycare environment.

Tomorrow is shopping day so that means everything leftover inmy fridge has to get eaten. Definitely a mixed bag kind of day.

Have a great one everyone!
Old 01-23-2002, 09:31 AM   #4  
Livin' La Vida Loca

Just popping in w/a quick Howdy, Hi! Shindiggers!

Been nursing a sick dh -- stomach flu. I hate it when that happens...I guess he does too.

I'm getting out of the house today and heading for the big city -- to putz around and go to WW.

Eileen -- you ARE in my thoughts and prayers today.

Am considering taking down the Christmas tree. I either have to take it down or figure out some way to vacuum it.

Hi to everyone -- hope you're all well today!

Sooner
Old 01-23-2002, 09:50 AM   #5  

Good day! Well I finally dragged my butt from the chat last night and got mostly organized for our trip today...looks like it is a go...won't be posting until the weekend.

Leens I am thinking of you...it will be a tough day...I know it was for me, I never liked leaving my kids when I went back to work, luckily it was always part-time and they stayed with Daddy or Grandparents while I was away. It was still hard....the good old days when I still liked my kids...kidding...lol

Sooner the flu is bad right now, busy cleaning with bleach etc to kill the bugs around here, throwing out toothbrushes etc...hope hubby is better sooner than later.

Pooky good luck findying the job that you want. Takes great people to look after others little ones.

Dottie have a great day at work.

Ruth nice seeing you in the chat...had a great turn out in late eve as well.

Well have a great rest of the week everyone and hang in there.

Liz
Old 01-23-2002, 09:55 AM   #6  

Good Morning Everyone!

Hang in there Leens! I know it's a tough day, but you will make it and your sweet baby will be fine. Chin up!

Sooner - I give up! You're incorrigible and there's no hope for someone who still has their tree up this late in the year! I still like you anyway, despite many, many misgivings, and hope you have a wonderful weigh-in! (I sure hope any lurkers out there know I'm kidding! Well, pretty much.)

Good luck Pooky. Daycare seems like a good outlet for all that energy you have. I always wish you could bottle some of it up and send it my way.

As for me, I have a lot to get done today. Lots of shipping to go out, lots listings to get on ebay, working out, and a night out in the big city. I must be getting old because I'm a complete numbskull at a new program I'm trying to learn to make my ebay auctions easier. I guess for it to get to easier, you have to go through **** first!
Tonight we are hitting downtown Denver to see "Best Little Whorehouse in Texas" with Ann Margaret and Gary Sandy (remember him from WKRP?). Should be fun! Of course, it finally snowed here. Not a dusting either, a dumper. I'm going on a bus with a bunch of high school students, 50 miles, in a big storm. Not exactly romantic, but fun nonetheless.

Have a wonderful, OP, water-filled day my friends!
Chickadee

p.s. I saw another poster named Chickadee4ever posting elsewhere on this board. I'm sure she's a wonderful person, but remember, I'm the real Chickadee!
Old 01-23-2002, 10:31 AM   #7  

Leens! I am definitely praying for you today. I've been there and it is not easy.

Today is a banking day. And other than that there isn't much planned with the exception of finishing the curtains for dd's room. Oh, and to clean their playroom. How is it that little kids can make such HUGE messes?

I made quiche last night and it was very good. I've never made a quiche before, but it was op (minus the pie shell) and everyone enjoyed it. Might have to do that again.

Yesterday was my first day without coffee all day long. I am still having two cups in the morning (didn't want to quit cold turkey), but no more coffee the rest of the day. It was hard work. I thought it would be a breeze, but it wasn't. I was starving and crabby. (I think I can dare say that smoking was easier to stop because I was pg and it made me sickly -- but I LOVE coffee.) Hopefully today will be easier.

Bye friends! Have a great day!
Old 01-23-2002, 11:32 AM   #8  

Hi Frieda! Welcome...you just jump in anywhere ok!!! keep posting so we get to know you! I have an Aunt Frieda and she is pretty neat!

It is official! I have another sinus infection and bronchitis...but I don't feel as badly as I have in the past so it is ok!

Took dh to drop off the old car and then he took me out to breakfast where I did reasonably well...all things considered! Funny how when you have a problem with food that just the thought of going out makes you...ie ME break out in sweats to see if I can come out the winner in that confrontation!!

Jenniwookie! You know when my kids were really little (they are 6 and 8 now) I used to clean up the family room with a snow shovel...no kidding! Good for you getting of the coffee...proves it can be done eh? It is on my list....honest!

oh! Real Chickadee...have a great time tonight...I want to go but I am to busy packing to go with Dottie to Florida! (oh she'll love that!) See that you are gearing up to trash the underdogs huh?

Leens, sweetie, thinking of you!

Liz! Have a great time on your trip!

Sooner...hope you dh is feeling better soon! I think that chickadee may be able to find just the right type of vaccuum to help solve your tree problem on ebay...she is a sweetie...I know she'll help ya!

Pooky! Good luck with the job hunt. I hope you get it ...but will you still have time to come my way???

Hi Ruth! Hi Dottie and Hi to anyone else who may have come along...the big kid is home for lunch and I have to get a move on it!

peach
Old 01-23-2002, 02:06 PM   #9  

Default GUESS WHAT I DID???

I absolutely CAN NOT believe it -- I am SO proud of myself! I got out of this chair and away from this computer this morning and I

GOT ON MY TREADMILL!!!!!

I am so happy. I set it up, cleaned it off, turned the tv so I could see and started walking! I spent 30 minutes on it!

Exercise has been such a challenge these past six months! I can't believe I finally did it!!! Woooooohooooooo!

(Does this mean I can drink coffee again?)
Old 01-23-2002, 05:18 PM   #10  

I've just found this wonderful site and wanted to stop in and say hello. I am currently on the zoneperfect diet, which is also a low carb way of living. Anyone else using that diet plan here?
Would love to know what type of low carbing that you are doing and hope that you don't mind if I join in