Old 05-17-2003, 08:36 AM   #1  

Default May 17 & 18, Weekend CLUCK!

who wants an omelet? Ham and cheese? bacon? Protein shake?

Up and at em!
Old 05-17-2003, 08:39 AM   #2  
Old Cackler

wow!!! Dottie and i started up the daily at the same time!!! so i deleted mine. and dottie, i'd LOVE a ham and cheese omelet. gotta have the protein shake first, of course.

great to see you this morning. i was getting the feeling that everyone was doing something with their DHs that i didn't want to know about!!!!

busy day planned. of course. aren't they all? and i really did go to bed right after sue last night, which means i didn't actually eat anything last night. so i was up at about 3:30 STARVING!!! So i had a little cheese with a couple of whole grain melba toast rounds [bet you're all drooling over THAT excitement] and went back to sleep until after 7!

hoping to have dinner with a friend tonight, but first manicures, errands, maybe lunch with mom's minister and a visit to his wife in the rehab hospital. the gym. and whatever else i can load into the day.

the awful company i'm with is moving at the end of the week. in the middle of a major project with awful deadlines and the usual temper tantrums. but it'll be easier to handle knowing that i'm leaving soon

love you all. more later, i hope.
Old 05-17-2003, 08:44 AM   #3  

I am up (bright?) and early, getting the house cleaned up for a visit from DM, and the house is being shown this afternoon. Two good reasons to get the underwear up off the floor.

I am cleaning via Flylady's cirisis cleaning method- work in 15 minute stretches, take a lot of breaks. So, I'll be back often today! LOL

I am not eating too well yet, but at least am down to 3 meals, 2 reasonable snacks, and almost no sugar. I am slowly getting under control, and am back to protein, veggies, fruit, and off the candy. I am at a SugarBusters-y level, some shredded wheat, an orange, some pasta(not Whole Wheat, though), but at least it's better! I'll cook fish tonight, we haven't had that in a while.

OK, off to another round of cleaning. Laundry getting put away, and bathroom floor needs to be cleaned- just waiting for DH to shower. See you in a while!

dottie

Hi Jiff! Good news about the job! You can do anything if you know it's temporary!

And Happy Victoria Day to the Northern Chicks! Have a burger for me! And a Low Carb Beer!

Last edited by dottiejon; 05-17-2003 at 08:51 AM.
Old 05-17-2003, 08:55 AM   #4  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning, Dottie, Jiff and all to come....

Well it rained all day yesterday, so I didnt get any sanding done. It has to be done outside, otherwise, Id be cleaning the store for months On the bright side, I started a small side table to go with the bench. I took a picture yesterday of the bench, I'll take a couple more as I go along, and post them when Im finished.

Went to FWS last night and picked out my fabric for the cushion....really nice. Cream background with mauve/green/pink pattern, which is leaves and acorns. Outdoorsy but in feminine colours.

Oh, and guess who got the surround sound to work??? and here I left purposly to get out of his hair so he could do it

Well, have a great day everyone, its not raining, and I have lots of sanding to do

Robin
Old 05-17-2003, 08:55 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hey, Dottie - can I send you my Girls? They eat underwear - usually when it's not being worn! Whole wheat pasta is rather chewy so we have not made that switch as yet either.

And Jiff - Melba toast is a great weakness of mine - we no longer buy it! Your company is moving? Why not get yourself lost in the move and head for my front porch?

Last night's Red Hat Meeting was fun and Lurker Lorraine and I enjoyed each other's company. There was one very boring woman there - luckily she is not going to be a member. She thinks she is too old which means she is! Some people die before they are dead! I did get the dress done by the way although the jacket is still minus sleeves. Luckily I had a silk print jacket that looked just fine with the ensemble. L's husband took a picture of us. I'll post it (with L's permission) if we don't look too horrible!

I am off to the greenhouse shortly after a hurried breakfast. It is such a gorgeous day but the darn black flies have arrived - right on schedule for Vickie's Birthday! (That's Queen Vickie to you Americans!) I'm sending them North, Pooky!

Have a wonderful weekend. I'll check in later after slaving away at the Greenhouse. That Lurker Lorraine is a real Simon Legree!
Old 05-17-2003, 09:12 AM   #6  

Morning All!

The boys are beside themselves. The pound has a long haired black and white cat named "cuddles" that seems to be just the right cat for us. Dh hates cats but I got him to agree to a one month trial basis. One month....yea, that might happen.

So, off to the pound this early morning to beat back all the other people who need a cat named "cuddles"

jiff is on the phone...got to run

peach
Old 05-17-2003, 09:58 AM   #7  

Peach, My grandpa brought home a kitten that he found in an alley one Friday. He promised my Grandma he'd find a home for it by Monday. 23 year later the cat died. My Grandma says that they kept the cat longer than any of her kids.

DH is teasing me with puppy info. The other night he said he had something to tell me about a long-haired Chi, but then he changed his mind and said he'd just suprise me. I hope I'm getting a puppy.

Off to work on my scrapbook, I'm making most of it digitally, so maybe I'll post some of the pages for approval.
Old 05-17-2003, 11:22 AM   #8  

AAAAHHH!! The computer crashed last night! After some tense minutes, we seemed to have revived it. Of course my MS Frontpage is all fouled up so dh will have to fix that too. Thank goodness I'm married to a computer geek. He's often said 'What are you going to do when I die?' My reply is always spend way too much money to have it fixed!

Jiff, glad to hear your incarceration at the company from **** is almost over--on to better things!

Dottie, at least you're clawing your way back--better than not trying at all

Ruth, sounds like the red hat society was a blast! Glad you had such a good time!

Dh let me sleep in this morning but it was in exchange for him going to see the Matrix Reloaded last night. The Matrix is his favourite movie (no surprise there) and he was chomping at the bit to go. So here I am at 11 am just getting up! LOL

Hope you all have a great day
Old 05-17-2003, 01:01 PM   #9  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi ladies,

I started Atkins earlier this week, and have been lurking for several weeks.

I'm down 5 pounds *vbs.. I know the first week will be lots and then slow down, but wow! I couldn't lose 5 pounds GLUED to WW in two months!! I'm so impressed!

Can't wait to try some shakes and other things I've seen posted here and on other threads (for low carb).

40 more pounds to go *s
Old 05-17-2003, 01:44 PM   #10  

my house is as clean as it's going to get, DM has come and gone, and I spent a nice hour watching DN play softball from the sunny bleachers. I think it was the first sun here in 2 weeks! Now I'm back to get some lunch and re-group. I think I'll do a little wallpaper shopping, that's always fun. Not much else going on, see you all later!

d.
Old 05-17-2003, 03:46 PM   #11  

I'm suppose to be at work. Luckily the project is an "anytime this weekend, as long as it's done Monday" kinda thing.

Pooky - I'm with you on the DH geeky thing. I've made a deal with DH; I cook & clean, he pays the bills and does all the techie stuff. Car stuff, we pay a mechanic. That's my formula for marital bliss. Or a close proximity to bliss anyway.

DH actually replaced my broken CDRW today, no more posting to the home network and burning from his computer. YEA!! TOmorrow he's going to wipe my computer and install XP Professional. I can't believe that my college "Intro to Comupters" class requires that you have Windows XP Professional Version. My professor must be getting kickbacks from Microsoft.

Okay, now I'm going to work. Really. I swear. Of course I'll just check in from there too.
Old 05-17-2003, 08:18 PM   #12  
Big Loser

HI all!!!

Happy Saturday -Happy Weekedn adn all that! everyone sounds happy and so on...

thinks in TN are sunny, then stormy..then sunny....then tornadoy...cant decide what is wants to do here.....

Have a great rest of the weekend everyone!!!!
Old 05-17-2003, 08:29 PM   #13  
Slimwithin

I just ate SIX sugar-free chocolates. I deliberately went out of my way to buy them and I bought five of each kind. (they all have nuts and/or caramel in them) I'm pretty sure that even sweetened with Maltitol, they are loaded with carbs and I honestly can't say why I did this terrible deed. I think the devil made me do it.

Peachy I just got an e-mail from daughter in Scotland. They had two male orange tabbies but one of them escaped their yard and got hit by a truck earlier this year. They were devastated. She just sent me photos of a black & white female named Molly that they are going to adopt to be a companion to Oscar, their remaining cat. She said they are going to look like a Hallowe'en costume together. Must be the season for adopting kittens.

I did the fly-lady thing this morning after a leisurely breakfast (can you believe leftover pizza?) I am SOOOOO bad...and reading the big Saturday paper and starting the crossword puzzle and nodding off over it (too many carbs no doubt) so once I finally got myself in gear I got quite a lot done. Vacuumed, cleaned both bathrooms, washed all washable floors, made a potato salad and did some laundry. It's amazing how much you can get done if you don't have interruptions. DH is, of course, working. That guy never quits. He's trimming the hedge right now.

I did plan to clean the guest/craft bedroom today but I will reserve that task for tomorrow but it really, REALLY is going to get done this weekend. Honest!

Robin, I'd love to see a photo of the twig furniture you're making. You certainly must be very talented to tackle such a job.
Old 05-17-2003, 09:11 PM   #14  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Hi Judo's Mom!!!

welcome and just jump in. I am trying desperatly to get back OP. with a few small nibbles here and there I need that 5 lb shove to get mte momentum going again.

To all else just getting home from working and have to go back in the morning. I hatw working the weekends!!!
Old 05-18-2003, 12:32 AM   #15  
WW Moderator

Happy weekend everybody! I lost track of all time last week, with all the long hours I had to put in. Jiff, I think we could trade work horror stories.

Pooky, did you see Matrix Reloaded with him? I can't wait! We will have to wait a while until we have somewhere for Cody to go while we watch it. If I get desperate, I guess we could always see it separately!

JudoMom, congratulations! I hope you continue to see many more losses! If WW didn't do it, but LC dropped it, then it must really be your way you need to lose weight. I couldn't lose weight on WW at all. I love the program, it has helped my mother (and me before I was insulin resistant) but it just doesn't work well for insulin resistant people.

I haven't been posting food logs for days, I will start it back up in the morning. Last week was a complete nightmare with time management. I have to plan things in advance and learn to stick with it. Otherwise, I always get pulled another direction than where I need to be.

Has anybody tried tofu noodles, or Yuba sheets (tofu paper)?
We have an Asian market in town, but they don't carry either one, and I've been looking unsuccessfully on the net to find a store I can order them from. I was hoping to find a low carb alternative for pasta and egg roll wrappers.

Ok, off to bed! Have a healthy Sunday!