Old 05-07-2003, 07:55 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default CAD/CALP - Week of May 5

Starting up. Anyone can start this thread on a Monday if I forget.
(We are getting so busy, I may have to ask for a raise!)
Old 05-07-2003, 08:30 AM   #2  

thanks ruth, i will start one. i am really running late, but just want to say i went off this completley yesterday and i just ate everything in sight and was so out of control, i like this way of eating , i just have to learn how to control my reward meal. i will check in later.
Old 05-07-2003, 05:15 PM   #3  

i am glad no one responded to this yet, ruth if you want to you can delete this. i hope i am not making anyone mad. i just cant do the reward meal. i practically dont eat anything all day, then i just pigout for one hr. i feel disgusting. i really dont feel this way of eating will help me with my bingeing. sure i eat so much less for breakfast and lunch, sometimes i dont even want to eat lunch. then since i have deprived myself of carbs all day, i want to stuff myself full of carbs even after i am full, and the one hr time limit just makes me watch the clock till one hr is up. of course i do this when no one is around. i have a binge/emotional eating disorder. i thought it could be from being a carb addict, but i can see, that even on this way of eating, i will still overeat even when my tummy isnt growling. i think i may try ww pts again. at least when my 27 pts is up i know i have enough calories in me and i should be done eating. even if i am still hungry i know 27 pts is all i can eat if i want to lose weight.

thanks for putting up with me. i hope any one doing cad, is doing well and can make it work for them. if i ever am success on any program i do i will let everyone know. thanks for the support.
Old 05-07-2003, 05:36 PM   #4  
Senior Chicky

Angry Hi willb!

I only have a few minutes too but wanted to jump on to say hi and just offer a few thoughts.

About 12 years or so ago I just started CAD. Love this woe. Lost my weight and maintained for over six years. It's a terrific and doable woe BUT you must understand your body and apply the plan to your lifestyle.

You mentioned that you eat practically nothing all day. Hmm, sounds familiar, if I remember correctly the first week I started CAD I did the same. I then realized this was nuts and not doing me much good. And as soon as dinner would wear off I had those horrible carb monster attacks.

Have you considered doing "mini" hi protein snacks or meals through out the day instead of just three meals? This really helped me as after the first few days the cravings subsided and I was also able to balance out my reward meal of the day.

I sure would hate to see you get discouraged. And any help that can be offered ....... just count us in!

Janice
Old 05-08-2003, 10:21 PM   #5  

hi,thanks for sharing you success with me, congratulations. i am afraid no diet program is going to be the key to my success. It is up to me to change my bad eating habits and figure out why i want to binge and think about food all the time. i am still trying to figure it all out. thanks again.