Old 04-14-2003, 12:25 PM   #1  

Default Freestyle week of 4-14

Hi,
It is hot today, or it's getting hot. High of 88. Yesterday, the furnace was on in the morning, today, we'll probably have the ac on this afternoon. In a few days, the low is suppose to be back in the 30's, what a place.
I want to get outside and do some yard work, but there isn't much to do. DH wants to till the gardens again, so I'm just kind of stuck.
I exercised for a good hour (or more) today. Did pilates, the gazelle for 30 min, the abs tape and Body Flex tape. I think I'm going to do the Body Flex everyday. It is great for your lungs. Aleka, I've read lots of posts on the HSN boards that swear by it. I know it looks stupid, but I really feel energized when I'm done with it and it only takes a few minutes a day.
DH decided we should eat frozen diet dinners. We did this last year and he thinks it's the only way he can stick with eating smaller portions. He does have a big problem with that- if it's there, he'll eat till he can't eat anymore. So, to keep him from giving up, and so that I don't have to buy more food, I'm doing it too. One thing for sure, it's easy, no cooking and very little clean up. Cereal and skim milk or toast and peanut butter for breakfast, 2 dinners a day and 2 pieces of fruit and unlimited fresh veggies. I don't know how long this will last, but it better last till those dinners are gone.
Take care, Nikki
Old 04-14-2003, 02:17 PM   #2  

Thumbs up Yucky people...

Anne,

Just now read about your experience w/the bus-"lady" (I'm sorry, but IMO, that person was not a "lady," by any means). I really think that she was probably just angry at you for not letting her cut in line and that was her way of "getting" you. How childish. Please don't let it get under your skin, at least don't let it hurt your feelings--I know that's MUCH easier said than done, because I've been there, done that. When you work out next time, just imagine that you're stepping on her face every time you take a step That'll make ya feel better--and maybe burn a few extra calories in the process!! Wouldn't it chap her hide if she ever found out that a remark she intended as an insult was actually taken as a motivator by you?

No kittens, yet, they weren't eating by themselves yet. I have to wait another week or so.

Cheryl
Old 04-14-2003, 08:07 PM   #3  

Good Evening Ladies!

Thank you all for your kind words and support I didn't
see her today on my way home thank goodness!!

I'm always glad to get Monday over with I am lucky
this week though because I don't work Thursday or Monday
so I get a super long Easter Weekend.

It is suppose to be going up to 75 degrees on Tuesday and
then fall down to 40 degrees for the rest of the week Whats
up with this weather???

Nikkic, you are going to be so fit You must feel like a
million bucks!!!

Cheryl, I bet you are looking forward to the little kittens!!

Aleka, whats your weather doing???

Have a great evening.
Anne.
Old 04-15-2003, 10:39 AM   #4  

Angry

It is 64 deg. already and it's supposed to be in the 70's today. I've got my bedroom windows open airing it out. Yesterday was so delightful I was able to sit out on the porch for a couple hrs. before the sun went in and cooled it off. The hot afternoon sun was just streaming through the windows, and the dog and I sat basking in the sun.

ANNE, that's good you didn't run into that lady today. People can be so cruel. I grew up in that kind of atmosphere, so I know first hand. Thankfully DH accepts me as I am. That's great you're going to have a long Easter weekend. It's supposed to get cooler here too by tomorrow and rain for a few days. Typical spring!

Cheryl, it's for the best to wait until the kittens are feeding by themselves. When we got our dog, we could have picked her up a lot earlier than we did. She was the "only child" and was still weaning a bit, she was eating by herself, but still going to her mother. We didn't want to separate her until she was ready.

nikki, that's wonderful your DH wants to do frozen dinners. Just think of no cooking and hardly any cleanup! I've heard to make a salad and have some fruit along with the frozen dinners. Also maybe a whole-wheat roll. Good luck with it. Let us know how it's working out for you. If you do go off the frozen dinners, here is something I do for portion control. I put the right portions on the plates before I bring them over to the table, then put any leftovers in the refrigerator right away. That way they're out of sight out of mind. How do you like the Body Flex? I do have the tape and tried it one morning when my back was first bothering me and was unable to do the positions. I will wait until my back is all better and start it again.

Have a great day ladies.
Aleka
Old 04-15-2003, 08:01 PM   #5  

Good Evening Ladies!!
What a gloreous day here weatherwise!! It soared up to near
80 degrees!!!!

The SARS situation is still pretty brutal here. The figures are
still rising. I'm starting to think it is here to stay. A young woman
whom my sister works with has both her parents sick with SARS.
My sisters employer put the girl off work until her parents are
better because the employee's were all upset. I don't know
what the heck to think

I was further depressed when I heard that they may have found
Lacey Peterson's body and her baby son as well. ....very tragic.

Aleka, we too have the windows wide open to let the spring
air in!!!!

Nikkic I got up at 4am again on the gazelle. I am really starting
to get into routine now. I am determined to build on my fitness
level and with this weather it is ideal!!! Too bad they are talking
about freezing rain again on Thursday if you can beleive it!!!

Hi Cheryl, hope everything is going good with you too.

Anne.
Old 04-16-2003, 10:43 AM   #6  

Angry Wednesday....

Yesterday it got to 80 deg. We were able to eat dinner out on our porch. We had a lot of snow melt. The cold front has already started. Earlier it was 68 deg. when we went for our walk, and now it's down to 59. I think it's supposed to drop down into the 30's later on. We're supposed to get rain and I've got my fingers crossed that we don't get the snow/ice here.

ANNE, you're really doing well with your exercising. Keep up the good work. I'm trying to get back in the groove a little at a time on account of my back. So far..so good.

nikki, are you still working in your garden? Hope you had a good day yesterday.

Hi Cheryl

Have a good day everyone.
Aleka
Old 04-16-2003, 01:38 PM   #7  

HI!
Yesterday, I spent most of the time in the yard. It was a wonderful day, but I knew it was going to start to rain and I wanted to get some stuff done. The gardens were all growing grass again and DH said he'd get the tiller and turn them over again, but he couldn't do it yesterday. So, I did it with a shovel by hand. I knew if I waited, it might rain till who knows when and by the time it dries up enough for him to till, I would be beside myself. At least this way, if he can't till it again, I can plant with no problems, even if I'm standing in the mud.

This morning, I went grocery shopping. We're still doing the diet dinner thing. I don't mind it so much. It really is easier than cooking and washing dishes. DH is doing pretty good, except he needs to eat just one dinner instead of 3, which he did yesterday for supper. If I'm going to eat 1200 calories at one meal, I want to eat something more tastey than these things.
Aleka, I did buy salad stuff to go along with it. So far, I've lost a few pounds.
Anne, I do feel much stronger and healthier. I'm still surprised when I see myself in the mirror. I feel so toned, but I still don't look it. Guess that will come. Just think of where we were last year at this time. Now imagine where we will be next year, I can't wait.
Aleka, I know what it's like to suffer with a bad back. I'm glad your taking your time with the execise. I've had no problems since my reduction. It is amazing to me how much that helped. Plus, the ab exercises probably help a lot too. I've been trying to work on my back muscles and my posture. Ever since I was in 3rd grade, I slumped over and tried to hid the fact that I was tall and had big boobs. I spent years doing that and it's going to take awhile to build up my muscles in my back now. I know your problem is not the same, but I do think exercise helps to support the spine so much. The Body Flex exercises have really made a difference already with my abs. I've been working on them for a long time, but nothing like this. When you roll your stomach up, that gives them a big work out. I even do it in the car when I'm waiting for DD to get off of work. It's dark and I make sure no one is around first. Don't want to scare anyone,
Oops, got to run, I'm seeing a dermatologist about having a few things removed from my face. I'm kind of not looking forward to this and really hope it doesn't leave big scars.
Take care, Nikki
Old 04-16-2003, 07:03 PM   #8  

Good Evening Ladies:

Well, I am happy to say I am off work until Tueday! It will
be great not to have to get up at 4am for a few days

I hope everything went well at the dermatologist Nikkic, I have
a few skin tags on my neck I would like to have removed soon.

Aleka, it is freezing here today!!! We can't believe the change. It
is going to go below zero tonight!!!

I will spend part of the day Thursday going out with DH to
pick up things for Easter dinner. I hope I don't gain too much
this weekend I figure it is such a celebration I am going to
enjoy it!!!! We are having turkey and all the trimmings. I have
that 3 times a year, Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I don't know what we will have for dessert though. I will think
about that one when I go shopping!

Anne.
Old 04-16-2003, 09:18 PM   #9  

Hi,
Anne, I'm glad your off. I hope you get to relax and have a wonderful Easter weekend and meal.

The Dr said that none of the moles looked like they were anything to worry about. I wanted to have them removed, but she said that it would look worse if I had them removed than they do now. Well, that was a relief, but still, wish they could be gotten rid of. She said that they are improving lazer techniques all the time and maybe someday, they will be able to remove moles with no scaring, but not now.
When I got home, DH was tilling the gardens. He's my hero. It rained shortly after, so I didn't have to worry about getting out there and planting anything today-I want to, just was tired today. Tomorrow, its suppose to rain and be a lot colder, so we're going to Des Moines to Home Depot and shop for plants.

Later, Nikki
Old 04-17-2003, 11:09 AM   #10  

Nikki & Anne--

I totally sympathize w/the moles. I have one on my forehead that I would LOVE to have removed (people always think it's a huge zit--very annoying), but because of the way I scar, I know it would just look worse. Sigh. I do have an appointment w/a dermatologist next week, though (a first for me!!) because of a spot that has just "appeared" on my cheek. It's kind of scaring me, because I'm afraid that even if it's nothing to worry about I'll still be stuck with this.....thing......that I feel like is the focus of everyone's attention when they talk to me. Luckily, no matter what, it's far enough back that if I wear my hair loose I can kind of cover it up a little.

And the skin tags. Man, once they start popping up, they just don't stop, do they?? Ugh! At least they're fairly easy to get taken off and they DON"T scar (depending on how much the Dr. cares about what he/she is doing).

I'm taking a long week-end this week-end. No diet in sight!! I just hope I don't GAIN a lot!!

Happy Easter to all!

Hey Alice!!

Cheryl
Old 04-17-2003, 03:06 PM   #11  

Happy Holy Thursday Ladies:

It is unseasonably cold here in Toronto. I was saddened to
learn of Dr. Atkins death. Poor man, after falling myself this
winter.....R.I.P.

Nickkic, so glad to hear your moles were ok. Its a worry, my
dad had squamous cell cancer removed from the top of his head
a few months ago.
Shopping for plants sounds wonderful. We all could sure use
this spring.

Cheryl I too am worried about weight gain over the weekend I
am addicted to chocolate and it will be in no short supply around
my household!!!!

Hi Aleka, do you have special plans for over Easter?

Talk to you later.
Anne.
Old 04-17-2003, 03:07 PM   #12  

Angry Good afternoon....

I think winter has returned for a bit. It was in the 20's this morning and it was a bit chilly. It still is cold, in the low 40's. Thankfully we didn't get anything yesterday.

Got back from grocery shopping a little while ago. That's one chore out of the way.

ANNE, that's great news that you're off until Tuesday. A nice long weekend. Hope you have a great one. Did you get all your fixins for Easter Dinner?

nikki, sorry to hear that your moles can't be taken off without too much scarring. I had 2 moles removed many years ago on my neck. I can't tell if they scarred or not. What kind of plants did you buy? Congratulations on your weight loss.

Cheryl, glad that you too are having a long weekend.

Take care and Happy Easter everyone.

Aleka
Old 04-17-2003, 03:35 PM   #13  

Talking ANNE,

I think we were posting at the same time! Great minds think alike.
Old 04-17-2003, 06:53 PM   #14  

Hi!
Cheryl, I have a mole on my cheek that is red. I was really worried about it, but the dermatologist said it's not anything to worry about. Hopefully, your Dr. will have the same news for you.
Most of mine are flesh colored and as she said, they bother me, but aren't all that noticable to other people (that's what she said anyway). I had over 50 skin tags burned off my chest/neck last year. Some of the places have returned to normal and some are little brown dots. I scar very badly too and form what is called keloids after surgery, (those red, thick scars.) If the moles I have now really bothered me a lot, I'd have them removed anyway. Those red areas that are left after the moles are removed do eventually return to fairly normal and makeup covers a lot. Also, I have been using that new scar cream that you can buy over the counter on some surgical scars. I'm hoping to see some improvement there.

Anne, I hadn't heard about Dr. Atkins dying. That's too bad. Falling is one of my biggest fears too.

Aleka, it's cold here today. We went to Home Depot and they didn't have too many plants this year. In fact, a lot of places we usually get plants from don't have a lot of plants. I thought maybe it was too early. We went to Earl May, it's a nursery sort of, and they said they didn't have any yellow delicious apple trees left and only one grape vine. I got the grape vine and then after we came home, I drove 30 miles in the opposite direction to another nursery and finally found an apple tree and another grape vine. I bought them both, but couldn't fit the tree in the car, so DH and I will have to go over tomorrow with the truck and get it. I wanted to buy more plants, but it was so cold and windy out there, I just didn't want to be out anymore.
DH mowed the yard today, first time this year. My tulips are blooming and all the trees are too, it's beautiful.

We aren't having a big dinner, but I am going over to DD #1 for a ham dinner on Saturday. Sunday, she is too busy with church and has to work that evening, so can't fix it then. DH has to work and will be sleeping most of the time this weekend. My Easter dinner will probably be a delicious Healthy Choice entree

Take care, Nikki
Old 04-18-2003, 08:44 AM   #15  

Good Morning All:

The weather here is gloomy, overcast and cool, appropriate
weather for Good Friday.

Aleka, I have most of my Easter supper planned. We will have
turkey, asparagas, mashed potatoes(YES!!! )stuffing, cranberries and Rubarb pie for desert.

I have to be abit careful because I have been annoying my
gallbladder these last days eating nuts again.

At times I get a pain in the gut and soreness over my gallbladder
which tells me to be careful.

I will stick with the turkey minus stuffing and I better stay
clear of chocholate bunnies Maybe this is a blessing in
disguise for me I have had Easter put me on a binge many
times over the years because I go on a carbo rampage

I did 30 minutes on the gazelle this morning and have been
drinking tons of water. I know nuts are hard on the digestion
so its my own fault

Talk to you all later.
Anne.