Old 03-10-2003, 09:19 AM   #1  
Hang In There

Default What happend to our exercise thread?

I need somewhere to post my exercise and non exercise days. Before things got so crazy in my life and I was comming around every day, sometimes more, we had a good exercise thread where we all reported what exercise we did for the day. I've tried getting in on the exercise section of this site, and also since I really love doing Oxycise, I've tried getting into their site, but it's just not home like this is.

Anyone want to join me in a daily, or whenever account of our exercise?

In case I have some takers, I'll start

This morning I did my L1 Oxycise tape, rode the stationary bike 20 (I know it's supposed to be 30, but I'm being honest here)minutes and now I'm getting ready to go to the health club for water aerobics. Since it's been a while since I've been to a MWF class, I'm not sure which one to go to, but I think I'll go to the deep water class. It's a harder more aerobic class than the one in the warm water pool. The warm water pool has a class they call ABC Allover Body Conditioning, and I think I probally need the running the do in the regular deep water class. And yes we wear flotation belts to keep us up.

Okay who's next?
Old 03-10-2003, 09:24 AM   #2  

I was at the Y at 5:30 this morning. 30 minutes eliptical machine, and 25 minutes of strength training. Tonight I will play volleyball for 2 hours.
Old 03-10-2003, 09:53 AM   #3  

I don't go to the gym until tonite. It's my leg nite. Managed to get 4 days in last week, so I'm shooting for 5 this week.
Old 03-10-2003, 10:46 AM   #4  

Wow, aren't you all ambitious? Well, I'm about to go outside for some raking, mowing and digging, and I'll use my bowflex tonight. I'll probably fit in some dancing with my preschooler---that's usually good for the heart rate. (and it's fun to be silly!)

Annette
Old 03-10-2003, 11:09 AM   #5  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Exercise??? When???

I did buy a Tae-Bo tape today hope that will get me back in the4 groove!! I have not enough time to get to the gym any more. Hope some time soon!
Old 03-10-2003, 12:49 PM   #6  

I understand how I can find time to exercise, I don't have any kidlets or doggage, and DH works midnites so he's asleep in the evenings, but how in the world do the Moms out there manage?
Old 03-10-2003, 01:03 PM   #7  
Ready!!!

I feel too sick to do anything today, but I did do big time house pick up. I like my tredmill but have been too sick last few days. Will post when I can, Tazcat
Old 03-10-2003, 02:28 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Dyan, moms like me don't manage!! My mom and daughter laugh uproariously when I do my videos in the living room, so I won't do it anymore! Hmph, and how can I make time to go to the gym? Well, we walk our neighborhood when it's nice out, so that's about all I do anymore!
Old 03-10-2003, 03:24 PM   #9  

Another reason I wouldn't make a good mama, I'm selfish about my "me" time. I do make a good step-mama though, spoil DSS and send him back home. Besides he's great for exercise. We play tag around this huge play structure built like a castle, up and down stairs until I finally catch him or pass out trying.
Old 03-10-2003, 08:48 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 164/125/115

Height: 5'6

Smile Great Idea

Man, y'all make me feel bad. I'll try to post my exercise(or lack thereof).
Old 03-11-2003, 08:38 AM   #11  
Hang In There

Default DAY #2

When I got to the health club yessterday morning I discovered they now have an ADVANCED aerobic class. needless to say I jumped right in. Boy am I sore!!! Anyone who thinks you don't get sore from water aerobics has not had the righrt class.

Today will be my regular T/T class. It's called 50+ Circuit Training and we use a variety of tools to simulate a full body workout on the circuit machines. It's for the special section of 50+ members and I am glad to report I am by far the youngest in the group!!!

I'm off to do my Oxycise and then ride my bike before I leave. Hope everyone else has a great workout.
Old 03-11-2003, 10:19 AM   #12  

Monday - Didn't get to the gym. Did some gardening at home and did a bunch of archiving at work, (think packing up 50 boxes and moving them upstairs, lots of bending, stretching, and lifting.) plus a snuggle with the DH last night. That should count for something!

Today - packed for the gym. Debating on trying the aquacise class.
Old 03-11-2003, 01:18 PM   #13  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

I moved my Tae-Bo tapes to the living room!!
Old 03-11-2003, 03:23 PM   #14  

Today's exercise so far has been to clean my entire office and rearrange it. I also cleaned out my specs cabinet. Major acheivement for me.
Old 03-13-2003, 09:20 AM   #15  
Hang In There

Three days in a row!!! Maybe that's a record for me. But alas, all good things come to an end. I can't go to the club today because I have an appointment for a perm. I've battled this straight hair as long as I can stand it. I did do my Oxycise tape and 25 minutes on the bike.