Old 07-02-2004, 12:07 AM   #1  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Talking Stay At Home Moms #206!

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. Please feel free to jump right in a say hello and to all you regular posters I look forward to another wonderful day with you!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 01:00 AM   #2  
*♥* Nikki *♥*

I'm first I'm first!! YaY ME!!!!!!!! lmao Only cuz ur all asleep, I know...but still. I'm easily excited hehe.

Penny, in ur last post in the old thread u mentioned swimmers ear? We have drops over here called AquaEar that u apply straight after swimming and they dry out the ear canel preventing bacteria growth. For all I know, u have the same and u've already tried them without success, but just in case u haven't I thought I'd mention it. They're great...my kids never have a problem anymore and they live in the pool in the summer.

I miss summer It's too cold here. My husband calls me a big wimp...he's British and it gets alot colder over there than it does here obviously...but still...I don't like cold.

It's almost 3pm and I'm still on track. I should be working but I just can't get motivated. Everytime I open up paintshop I close it again. Oh well..probably best not to do anything when I feel like this...might do more damage than good lol.

ooohhh there's reruns of the Nanny on TV...might go watch it. I'm so sad lmao

bye byessssss

Nikki
IPQ75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 01:09 AM   #3  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Nikki,
Congrats on being still on plan at 3pm. AWESOME!!!! GO GIRL!!!!

And thanxs for the tip on the ear meds. I haven't hear of that here but I WILL definitely check into it. It sounds like what I need!

Thanks so much!

Have a great afternoon!!!!!
Old 07-02-2004, 01:09 AM   #4  

Height: 5 foot

Hey everyone! Just a real quick check- in to see how you all are doing! First off, I have missed like 2 threads since I first posted!!! What happened!!! Now I have forgotten all the questions I was asked!! I’ll try to answer them right quick. I am from Port Arthur Tx. I’m living in Pawleys Island SC. My ultimate goal weight would be 125... But I’ll take 135 I am having a hard, hard time right now. I took some midol last night and was cleaning to house until 4 am!! So of course this morning I didn’t get but 35 minutes of exercise in....and I really wouldn’t say it was high impact either. My pedometer only has 3636 steps on it, but that has been since 7 or so. I forgot to put it on earlier. I took only 1 midol today...but I'm already up late. I'm packing up stuff that we don't use.... SO MUCH! Now I don't know where I’m going to put it...but who cares! The point of all of that ramble is....even though I did drink my water, and exercised I give myself a 0!!! I've never cheated this bad since I've started.....in March.... This really sucks.... But i'm also not used to having PMS!

Anyways, on top of that I have some kind of cold. I am also eating my butt off.... I made the mistake of eating at hardees today. They didnt have a nutrition guide... BIG MISTAKE! Now I'm starving...but I cant afford to eat anything else. I usually weigh-in at the first and end of the month...but I skipped it, I'd rather wait until Saturday. I also ate a snickers and an ice cream!!! That is soo unlike me! I HATE TOM!!!!

Everyone I havent forgotten about you!! I promise to comment on everyone tomorrow! But I'm too tired to try to go back to the other thread right now my aol REALLY SUCKS and it cuts off and freezes constantly. So you will be hearing me say that a lot!!! .... That‘s why I‘m not leaving a comment-full post... gotta hurry up before it cuts off again!. But I do want to thank everyone for their support. :sad: I just added another 70 calories of these f/f chips and now my tummy hurts!! My lil sister just decided to do a 1 mile WATP tape at ummm 1 am!!! So I might as well join in before I go to bed….nothing else to do!!! So I gotta go chickies...I'm tired already!!! !!! Talk with you all tomorrow!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 01:15 AM   #5  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default It's after 1AM

Thanks to a late nap, Christian is still up and so am I!!!

DH got burned today by hot metal from the welders up above him. Burned through his clothes and already blistered and peeled in some places on his shoulder. He is okay, he even finished working. But he will have some nasty sores from it.

I did okay today and would consider exercising now if I thought it wouldn't keep me up all night. I did drink water and eat pretty well.

Now Christian is making a milk mess, so I will go clean it up...that's what I get for thinking I was bored!!!

Til Tomorrow!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 01:35 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

hey girls!!

I just got home from work, I'm only scheduled 5-9 but I always stay later and hang out and get paid for it lol. I really like the girls I work with and can't wait for our girls night out at the comedy club tomorrow evening!!

Welcome to the new comers, I'm Michelle full time sahm to 2 yo taylor and 8 mo Teagan, I do work part time in the evenings so I can get out of the house but my kids and family are my full time job

Crystal I don't want you to think I was lecturing you hun, I just want to make sure you and your lil punkin are in good health

Geri girl we need to go out to margaritaville and compare stories about our lil Taylor has been so mean to the baby lately, poor lil thing Sometimes I feel like I'm losing my mind lol.

Spryng did you get a workout in??

Penny You know I love you too!! You are one of my closest friends, I'm so glad you are here with me

Cindi I hope your hubby feels better from his sunburn soon!

Well guys if I missed anyone I'm sorry I'm exhausted and heading to bed.
Love to you all!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 01:43 AM   #7  
Ready for ACTION!!!

As I sit here and type, Christian is bringing me potatoes out of the bag...one at a time...I think the meds he is taking are hyping him up, he is acting crazy. Now he is taking the potatoes to the kitchen sink, one at a time...Sigh!!!!

Michelle...it wasn't sunburn, it was burns from welding on the construction site. He was just walking and the welders up above on the next floor weren't very careful and the hot metal fell on him. I have some burn cream that will help, he will live. But I know it had to really hurt when it happened. it left splatter marks over his shoulder and alot of his back.

Must rescue my potatoes from the kitchen trash now! maybe I'll be back! LOL!!!!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 01:48 AM   #8  

OMG duh!!! I even read that you said welding lol but it just shows you how tired I am lol. Rescue those taters girl lol!!! I'm off to bed!! Have a great night cindi!!
Old 07-02-2004, 06:19 AM   #9  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Cindi,
I am so sorry that your hubby got burned by the welding. I am gonna have to ask my hubby about that! That is horrible. I will keep him in my prayers. And hopefully Christian finally wore out and went to bed!

Michelle,
It is so great that you are getting out with the girls at work. Let us know how things go tonight! Sounds exciting!

Jaymi,
Thanks for posting

Have a great day ladies! I have alot to do today but I will check in later this afternoon!
Old 07-02-2004, 07:06 AM   #10  
burned out bus driver

'Morning!

Penny- thanks for starting the new thread...I had sort of thought about doing so yesterday (or was it the day before?) but thought better of it cause of all the newbies out there. But then, with this one being so busy a shorter thread is SO much easier to keep track of. I am glad you started one. SOunds like you have a busy, fun weekend planned. Is the walk a fundraiser?
Hope the weather cooperates for you and your plans. Enjoy your busy day.

CIndi- gee, I hope your Dh is ok! Can't imagine burns from welding- so hot.....

Michele- glad you are enjoying your job. It makes life so much nicer if you like the people you work with (one of the many reasons I left my position as a tech writer- creepy coworkers).

Nikki- glad you made it back here!!!!! Were you born in Austrailia??? And how did you end up marrying someone from the UK? (sorry, the distance between countries is just so huge, forgive me for being nosey). We used to have another poster from Austrailia back in the very early days of the thread, Jackie (if and when she posts) is probably the only other one here to remember her....I think her name was Belle.....anyway hang in here with us!
I always thought it was great how we could all feel close to each other thru this thread and physically be so far apart.

Jayme- hang in there! Tomorrow is another day, and leave the stress eating behind you. Hope you got that WATP tape in. Are you drinking water? (try that instead of eating). As far as fast food goes.....I know from experience (and also this is what WW teaches, and most of their advice can be used for any weight loss plan) is to plan, plan, plan. Try not to go into a fast food place (or any restaurant) with a kid in a candy shop mentality. Go in knowing that you will order a salad.....or grilled chicken sandwich (w/o the mayo, of course!) or whatever healthy alternative works best for you- or even order a kids meal (dammage control if you MUST have those fries). It all comes down to planning......Try not to beat yourself up and start today anew.

Geri- I love your garden! Aw who cares if the previous owner put it in.......it looks great. What veggies are you putting in?

Hi to everyone else......I am getting tired and had better get moving or I will fall asleep. Dd came home late last nite, and of course Mom can't sleep unless all are safely here.....plus she got a phone call at 10:30 pm while I was cat napping on the couch waiting for her (she got home at 1). Will someone please tell me when I get my life back? (and then I will miss all the insanity of raising kids....go figure). Got some gardening to do today (gotta pick more lettuce and weed), want to continue on moving the wood pile (we have a wood burner) and hopefully this afternoon finish staining the deck (started that yesterday). All that in with the other stuff, Dd's swimming lessons, gotta take Ds for a blood test for food allergies and maybe take Dd out for a road test for a car........boy am I glad that I am out of work for a few weeks. Sorry not to get personal with everyone else- gonna go catch some news while I get a wee workout in. See ya and have a great day!
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 07:47 AM   #11  
Walking away the weight

Default A WI in Georgia . . .

Yes, ladies, that's right. It's my WI day! Today the scale reports that I am 158 lbs for a loss of one pound this week, bringing my grand total to 14 lbs lost. Of course, this means I did not reach my mini-goal of a 15 lb loss by today, but a pound is a pound . . .

I now think Liam does know what mama means. he's begun saying it more in reference to me or when he wants me. This morning, I was in the shower, and he was crawling around and said, "Mama." And then DH took him into the bathroom to see me where he greeted me with a big smile Tose kind of moments make all the super frustrating parts worth it.

Geri - I say take credit for great gardening. I can say this because plants die if I even glance their way, so I think it's some in-born talent people like you have

Penny- Hey! Don't beat yourself up. You're in a little slump. I've been in a half slump myself - kind of lacking in motivation to exercise and also dreaming a lot of eating McDonald's everyday. I know I need to somehow recommit. Maybe we can think up a way to energize our motivation together? If you don't mind the question - are you Eastern or Greek Orthodox? From your description of the celebration this weekend, it sounds like one of the Orthodox faiths, but maybe I'm wrong!

Nikki- Hi!I hate cold too. I'm a humidity-lovin' tropical beach lovin' kind of girl I always think it's interesting because when I see photos of Christmas in Australia, it's warm and summery - like it is here in Florida. I think it's interesting because it makes for a different feel to the holidays, KWIM? I have a good friend from this little island called Mauritius, which you've probably heard of - they have the same seasons as you.

Cindi - eek! Sorry to hear about DH - hope it all heals up quickly.

Jaymi - hi! I'm sorry you're under the weather and feeling down. Be kind to yourself and let your body recover.

Michelle- did you get some rest last night?

Ginny- aghhh! I can't think about Liam staying out late or driving. Of course he will one day, but right now the very thought of it makes me nervous

Jerk Beef Recipe (I used leaner cuts of meat):
Serves 2

DRY RUB:
1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
1/2 tablespoons onion powder
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
pinch ground nutmeg
2 (4-6 ounce portions) Beef Rib Eye Steaks
(or steak cut of your choice)

Preheat barbecue grill. If you don't have a grill, plug in your
George Foreman, pull out a stovetop grill pan or turn on your
oven broiler.

In a bowl, mix all the spices and combine well.

Sprinkle dry rub on one side of each steak, covering evenly.
Rub the dry spice mixture into the meat. Flip the steak over and
repeat process.

Grill over medium heat until steak reaches your desired level of
doneness.

If broiling in oven, place meat about 5 inches from broiler, and
cook for about 8 minutes per side.

Per Serving: 298 Calories; 24g Fat (73.9% calories from fat);
19g Protein; 0g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol;
61mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 3 Fat.

SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Grilled corn on the cob and a big hearty
salad. (To grill corn on the cob, pull off the husks and the
corn silk, season with butter, salt and pepper and/or other
seasoning of your choice, and wrap in aluminum foil; place on
grill.)

VEGETARIANS: Grilled eggplant, zucchini, onion, yellow squash
and anything else that meets your fancy, with the same seasonings
as above. Serve on a bed of brown rice.
TTYL!
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 08:58 AM   #12  

Leigh!! I know that Teagan knows what mama and dada are, the other morning she woke up and I was listening to her on her monitor, she started calling for dada first and when dada didn't come get her she started calling for mama it si just soo cute!!

Penny you will get back on the wagon I know you will, just hang in there!! Are you starting over with P1?

Well I'm gonna go get these girls some breakfast
Love to all
Michelle
Old 07-02-2004, 09:13 AM   #13  
**Kristin**

Default quicks questions and congrats

Ginny -Great job at your WI !!! OUr scale is broken and my new goal is to get one soon so I can start keeping track! Also the Jerk recipe looks great, can't wait to try it!

What is a "DH" - I think it means your talking about your husband or something? Hope I am on the right track!

Jaymi - Every cloud has a positive lining, pull something positive out of a crappy day to focus on! (I should practice what I preach! lol !!!)

Cindi -my DH works demolition, I fell your pain, and his! I told mine I should just get him golden crutches with his name engraved. THank god he is in the office now!

MIchelle - I'm glad to hear that you like your job! I have a PT job too, I help clean 3 banks, 2 nights a week for a couple hours, its cleaning but sure is a nice get away and that is 2 nights I don't have to worry about bed time for Sydney! shes asleep before I get home! WHoo-hoo!

Well ladies, off to get my day going. THanks again for the warm welcome, I look forward to sharing my life with you all and sharing in yours as well!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 09:16 AM   #14  
**Kristin**

whoops - Sorry Leigh, I think I called you Ginny - just call me "not awake yet".
Old 07-02-2004, 09:20 AM   #15  
**Kristin**

Ginny - (now I remember what i wanted to say to you! haha!) My daughter has a power wheels jeep, I can't even picture 13 years from now when she begins to drive. I think I will be a basket case. Good luck!