Old 02-01-2003, 01:36 AM   #1  

Default 01/02/03--The Saturday chatter!

See Deb! It really is cool that it's 01/02/03 today!

Here I am only one hour into my shift and 11 more to go! Sigh... The good news is that I picked up another shift for Monday (Sunday night, depending on how you look at it) since the guard I replaced yesterday still isn't feeling all that hot. Good news for me--that Visa needs to get paid off!

taz, enjoy your weekend off!

Oh Deb, I don't envy you the wisdom tooth--I have my own wisdom tooth nightmare--an odyssey that lasted for 6 months!

tammyfancy, I'm choosing the meds--I hate taking them!

Peach? Hon, you're allowed to be focussed on you, you have a lot going on right now! And who ever said that we had to be focussed on others 100 percent of the time?

Hey Sherrie, when is that operation rescheduled for?

Barb, I'm so glad you aren't going away from us, and I think the computer in the den is the greatest idea!

Ruth, if I can't be good can I be really, really bad?

Jenni-pooh, you kick box? Wow! I don't have the agility to do it myself, I'd probably kick my own a$$

Rachel, never hurts to look into other alternatives--if you find out anything, let us know!

Robin, glad to hear your snifflies are going away

Tilly, a date? So who is this mystery man?

Oh Leenie, you're so funny And don't worry about those yummy good things they are serving up--look at it this way, they're the ones who are going to pay for it later, not you!

Miss, don't worry that the WOE doesn't seem to work for you, go by one set of scales ONLY--imagine if you had gone in when you thought your scales were right? And I find doctors are a very cautious bunch, although you have found yourself a good one (I have one too) but they are still overly worried about things. Don't fret over the ketostix--and I thought I told you to throw them out!

GlueGun, you have really done wonderful, you must be so proud of your accomplishments! I personally feel why so many of us are feeling depressed or in the dumps has in large part to do with the lack of sun at this time of year. I am making an effort to increase my Vitamin D to stave off depression.

Linda, I have nothing but the greatest respect for you in that you have managed to stay on one single program without considering changing again! I think 5 pounds is wonderful and just think about the accumulative effect 5 pounds has on a month to month basis! I am so glad you are giving Atkins a good solid year(hopefully longer), I know that you can do this!

Dyan, how is your cousin and her baby?

to anyone I missed!

Have a great Saturday everyone!
Old 02-01-2003, 09:31 AM   #2  
Old Cackler

poor pooky. this post hasd been up for more than 8 hours and no one has joined you!!!! hope you're sound asleep at this hour, but with little miss miree and rosy, i doubt it.

manicures, lunch out today. the cold is getting better, but i get so tired so easily!!!!

wish i had more to say, but maybe i'll get inspired later.

having almost no appetite and struggling to get the protein and water in. didn't think i'd EVER say that!!!!! it's the cold, not reality. don't worry, i'll get over it!!

have agreat day, all you sleepyheads!!!
Old 02-01-2003, 09:40 AM   #3  

Hey hon, I'm working--I'm not at home and unfortunately no where near my bed....sigh...only 2 1/2 more hours to go and I can hit the sheets!
Old 02-01-2003, 09:44 AM   #4  
Ready!!!

Chicks, for some reason I can't get yesterdays post to come up, page 1 of it? So a little note then we are off to town. I got my new tredmill yesterday and had my first workout last night. Can't wait to do it again.
Well as I said just a quick one.

May gentle and beautiful
moments be yours today.

Tazcat
Old 02-01-2003, 09:46 AM   #5  

Good Morning All,
I just lost my post so I will try again...
Pooky do the meds make you feel tired all the time? I have talked to a couple of people who say they are tired from the pills. I need all the energy I can get with 3 -2 yearolds and 3-4year olds all day. I was diagnosed in late November, although I had gestational diabetes almost 3 years ago, and want to be a diabetic in denial.
I lived through my first dinner party on this plan. The theme was mexican buffet and I only cheated with one taco shell. I refilled it twice with beef and salad stuff so I was proud of myself. Today is diet pepsi day and it is such a good thing!!
Debbie did you find any good buys at Walmart. I am so jealous my post should be green. We have no stores that come close to a super walmart. I love to go online and see what I could buy if I lived in the states. I have an Aunt who lives in New Orleans and occasionally ask her to mail me things. I have a small fisher price little people addiction. The kids and I love them and I usually play with them more than the kids.
Must go and start making Valentines with my little guy. The grandparents are waiting for mail.
Have a great Saturday!
Old 02-01-2003, 09:50 AM   #6  
Senior Chicky

Angry Good Morning Chickies!

Pooky - I give you credit. Way back in my younger years I worked the midnight shift. Hated it! Of course, I was also a single mom and thought it would be the best way to balance out working, motherhood and schooling. Good thoughts until I almost fell asleep and lost my hand in a machine! Hope you sleep well!

Jiffy - Glad you're finally shaking that cold. Any new word on the job interview? Or did I miss it somewhere?

Welcome to all the new chickies!

Chicken soup and warm hugs to all those feeling under the weather.

Things here have been extremely busy. I'm still converting everything over to 2003. DH thought he'd help by emptying ALL the file cabinets out! Now I have massive, unorganized files sitting everywhere! Not my usual procedure! Grrrr and more work than needed!

Other than that, I keep counting the Blessings and things are good.

Hope to be around a bit more - once I can find the computer keyboard under all this mess!

Hugs to all and have a wonderful day!

J
Hey, you two snuck in on me!

Last edited by MamaJ; 02-01-2003 at 09:59 AM.
Old 02-01-2003, 09:52 AM   #7  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Saturday Morning Ladies

Jiff, we must have the same sort of cold.....sort of a cold/flu thing? I barely ate for 3 days, yesterday I made of point of eating wether or not I was hungry. Its not so good for you, but for me, I kinda like that aspect of the cold (no hunger) Im getting better though, woke up at 330 this am, hungry

I pulled out some of my "never worn and tags still on" clothes yesterday, and even though they are a bit dressy, I think I'll start wearing them. Otherwise, they will be too big soon, and never get worn at all. Besides, Im running out of jeans to wear.

Have a great day everyone!
Robin
Old 02-01-2003, 10:33 AM   #8  

Unhappy Oh what a tragedy

A tragedy is happening here in the states--a space shuttle has gone down--or it is going down after an explosion--they are saying that people in the Southern states need to watch out--you may find debris from the shuttle--lots of it could be poisonous and gassy.7 people aboard.

Robin-- I am sooo jealous! WTG on wearing some of those clothes we all buy and never wear before they get to small!!!

I have lots of jeansin the closet right now that are a size or 2 to small--some I have never worn!

Pooky--I know--yes I still check the old ketostix--but only like once a week-- I feel like I can't throw them away--they cost like $10.00 so I can't waste them!!

MamaJ--good luck getting your files in order--my house needs to be so organized!!

Good Morning to everyone else--Tammyfancy-Taz-Jiffy-Ruth-Jenni_pooh and whoever else is joining us--Leenie, Peach....

Dyan--thanks for your words of encouragement--(and Pooky) I set up another appointment for exactly one month--in the meantime I will have some labwork done--thyroid--cholesterol etc. so next month I will be weighing on the same scale---or this month I mean--Feb.

well, I'm gonna go listen to the news.
mis
Old 02-01-2003, 11:34 AM   #9  

What a depressing way to start a weekend.

I was feeling pretty good, another .5lbs gone. I came in at 3.5 lbs lost in Jan. My family dramas are leveling out, everyone is doing better.

I think I'll try to avoid the news until the worst is over.
Old 02-01-2003, 11:35 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Tried to post this at 6 this morning and the server was down. it seems so unimportant now beside the news of the Shuttle. I've been to my meeting where we got the news - very sobering.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pooky! It sure is great that you can get on a PC at work. I bet it makes the time pass faster.

I'll be back later. We have our annual Church Vestry meeting this morning. It will be at Claire's house and I need to finish making my big fruit salad. The blueberries and strawberries need to go in. Claire, perfect Claire, is supplying the rest of the nummies. I'm not concerned about carbs as I know she will have eggs of some sort.

By the way, I have put my scale away for the month of February and will be concentrating on stabilizing my blood sugar (BGL). The new meds seem to have given me the yo-yo effect - up 2 pounds overnight, down 3 the next, up 4 next and I just can't handle the obsessing over it. So I will eat on plan and stop fretting.

Have to go hull those strawberries and do my dog chores and have a COFFEE!

Happy Saturday, Chickies.
Old 02-01-2003, 12:23 PM   #11  
workin' my way back down

Hi Everyone......

Been gone for a week, feels like a year, and I'm having trouble catching up........ my back went "out" on me last week, leaving me flat in bed I missed work ALL WEEK! I even had to miss out on a very special lunch date that was planned for last Sunday in NYC <grrrr> well, I'm hoping to be able to make it up in a couple of weeks!

I can't sit too long, so here goes.......

hugs and prayers to all those whose need them; hugs and hoorahs to those who've done so well, losing weight and/or inches; and warm welcomes to the newbies. ALSO, Big hello's to the lurkers who've been missed!

Looks like my new grandbaby may be born this weekend, so I've gotta go try to finish making a LARGE pot of meat sauce for dd's (last weekend - which I ALSO missed!) birthday lunch tomorrow, cause I just gotta go see sam and rosie! gramma is really missing her hugs and lovin!

I'll get back as soon as I am able to sit some more........

p.s.: oh yeah... maybe it's been being sick, or WHATEVER!, but I FINALLY <drum roll> broke the 30 lb barrier!!!!! Since Sept/Oct I haven't lost anything.. just fluctuated upanddown by 2lbs..... to a max of 29.5 gone...... well, I hit 30.5-31 (depending on which day it is - I'm compulsive about the dang iron monster!)
Old 02-01-2003, 12:58 PM   #12  

Morning Chickies.
Yes, what a sad way to wake up. Another tragedy for the world. Hugs to everyone feeling the effects.

Today I have no real plans (which is nice). DH and I have been on different shifts for 2 weeks so it is definitely a "family" weekend. Most likely a movie in Winnipeg or something.

Pooky You do the nightshift? 12hrs? I used to love em. Actually I just got off of them permanently...Doc's orders. Now I do evenings (7 on 7 off). It's all good on payday! And as far as kickboxing goes....I'm surely not poetry in motion LOL

Jiffy Sounds like you have nice day planned. Hope you have the stamina and enjoy yourself. No appetite..always a bonus side effect of being sick.

Robin I have to admit I'm jealous. I have a whole box full of clothes I'm trying to fit into again. I don't think I'll have your problem any time soon...way to go.

Ruthxxx You are smart to put the scale away. It'll drive you nuts til you level out. I should do the same thing but I admit I'm a number addict. I need to work on that!

Samsgrandma Sorry to hear about your back. Happy to hear about the new baby though. My Mom used to say "grandchildren are my reward for not killing my own kids" That has been my mantra this last week while DH has been on evening shift and I parented on my own. YIKES!! Congrats on the 30+ weight loss.

Wishes for a wonderful day to all the chickies!
Old 02-01-2003, 05:25 PM   #13  
Old Cackler

what awful news!!! such a shock, a true tragedy in every sense of the word. i hope we figure out what went wrong. and soon.

now, let's take a vote... all those who think people who tore their meniscus in their knee SHOULD NOT BE HIKING raise your hands.. yeah,. i figured it out the hard way. but it felt sooo good to be hiking after, what, 6 years????? maybe next time i'll remember to wear my knee support thing.

it was SOOO much more fun than the stationary bike at the gym. and maggie louise the undertrained rottweiler had a wonderful time. and she's actually learning to COME, and to do it quickly and happily. ya think the little beef jerky rewards have anything to do with it?

nails look great, lovely shrimp for lunch, and i'm not real sure about dinner, and i need a nap.

glad you see you back, sam n rosies grandma. and a big welcome to the newbies!!!
Old 02-01-2003, 05:34 PM   #14  
Slimwithin

As if I wasn't feeling blue enough about daughter's loss of their kitty and no weight loss for me in the last two weeks but I just learnd about the shuttle disaster. What a tragedy! It sure makes my little worries seem unimportant.

About the bathroom scale. I have trained myself to just ignore it. It sits there staring at me every day but I refuse to acknowledge it until two more weeks have passed OP. Something's gotta give sooner or later and it better be sooner. BTW, so far no ill effects from the Xenical. I think the people who have the errrr...greasy putt-putts and the oily stools must be the people who eat the way the dieticians recommend....lots of fiber. Well, I know what lots of fiber does to me even when I'm not on Xenical so I can only imagine what would happen if I changed my woe to their plan. No way! I eat just enough fiber to keep me regular and that in the form of low carb veggies. If I lose weight on this woe with the Xenical, I may have come up with a new method. I will be famous.

I'm trying to imagine size 2 pants. It just doesn't compute. I've never in my life worn smaller than a size 14 and that was many moons ago. How does it feel to be no bigger than a toothpick? HOnestly, how can a person still have bones if they're a size 2? They can only be skin! Sorry, but this really has me frustrated.
Old 02-01-2003, 07:29 PM   #15  

Linda - Here is the quote "I have lots of jeansin the closet right now that are a size or 2 to small" - I don't think she was saying the jeans were a size 2 but I admit I had to read that post over a couple times myself!

Kel