Old 01-25-2003, 06:51 PM   #1  

Default headaches

Did anyone else have headaches during induction? I have read that the first few days it is normal to not feel so great but I thought that by my second week I should be feeling better. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Tammy
Old 05-23-2003, 05:20 PM   #2  

I have been having some pretty bad headaches, which is normal because my body is adjusting to not having carbs and sugar... It WILL go away soon- just hang in there! I've been through this before, and it took about a week or so.
Old 05-23-2003, 06:26 PM   #3  

Unhappy Headaches here too!

Yeah today is my first day and I have had a slight headache all day. I was wondering about this myself. Also, does anyone know exactly how many calories should we eat? I am freaking out, I just inputted by food intake on fitday.com and it has a whopping 3,241 calories! 242 Fat! 16 carbs and 246 proteins. Is this good or bad?
Please let me know!
thanks
Old 05-26-2003, 01:05 PM   #4  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Unhappy MAJOR PAIN IN THE....

..head that is. It is my first day on Atkins and I am suffering from withdrawal...I guess it's the lack of caffeine??? Had my normal two cups of coffee - decaf today with real cream!!!

Took two ibuprofen at lunch and I'm at work so I hope they will kick in pretty soon!

Bad news is "fitday" seems to be down and I so wanted to "document" my eating today and get an idea of "counts". I had 2 slices of "real" cheese for breakfast, greek salad for lunch (and have two hard boiled eggs in fridge here and more cheese in case I get hungry later).

I have put a chicken in the crockpot for dinner (with onions and carrots for the rest of the gang) and some japanese dressing (1 carb per serving)....I will add some lc veggies for myself...

Time for some green tea perhaps? (will that count towards my water consumption - probably not.....!!)

Frouf
Old 05-26-2003, 02:48 PM   #5  
Big Loser

IF you dump the caffeine cold turkey you will definetely have a headache. I had to ease off and still have not given up totally.....
Old 05-26-2003, 10:00 PM   #6  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

You will get a carb withdrawl headach so do not drop caffiene and carbs on the same week!!

Froufy no wonder you are hungry you are not eating enough protien. when you got into fit day how much have you eaten??? some chese and a salad is not near enough to sustain the body (I know the chicken is coming later but where is the food to fill you up????) please do not make the woe harder than that it is hard enough learing to give up the carbs but do not be hungry while doing it too!!!
Old 05-26-2003, 11:03 PM   #7  
Card Carrying Princess

Default Carbs & Caffeine...

a double WHAMMY!! I guess I can reduce caffeine this week (1/2 decaf and 1/2 regular) while reducing my carbs.

You're right about the lack of protein...I had to eat the two hard boiled eggs after the greek salad lunch...then two mozzarella cheese strings and green tea for afternoon snack

Have to bring more "food" to work tomorrow that I can eat (some cold cuts, green salad w/dressing, egg salad (4 eggs, bit of celery & onion and mayo).....hope I don't starve too much tomorrow!

thanks for the good advice!

Frouf

P.S Also had some (1/2 cup) "eggplant salad mix" when I got home from work (prior to eating dinner): eggplant, some chopped onion, pepper, olive oil and spices......kept me going!
Old 05-27-2003, 05:03 PM   #8  
Trying to find my way.

I ended up bringing 3 cans of tuna for lunch (all mixed in a tuna salad) it is a long story but i was called in to work and was going to eat half of it in the car on the way to work for breakfast but did not think my stomach would handle tuna for breakfast (it has in the past but today TOM hit) so I ate the whole thing for lunch and i think i just got tunaed out!! talk about intake of protien!! 27 grams per can!!! LOL almost the whole days worth in one meal!!!
Old 05-27-2003, 10:21 PM   #9  
Card Carrying Princess

Default Is it a boat?...is it a train?.....no it's

Super Sue....she can leap tall buildings in one bound......she's tuna-pumped!!!! Wow...I am impressed....bet you can't look at tuna for another month.

Sometime when I think of what I have eaten I am "grossed out"...did this happen to anyone else? Like I could throw up if I really think about all the fat and stuff??? Is this normal? (I ate another green grape today).

Now i'm dreaming of cream cheese (REAL CREAM CHEESE) with smoked salmon...rolled up. I have some in the fridge, but will hold out til tomorrow!

Had decaf coffee and cream after dinner..trying to develop a habit of this new "dessert"......not fooling anyone ...yet!

Frouf
Old 05-28-2003, 09:32 AM   #10  
Trying to find my way.

Gosh was I so wiped out yesterday!!!

I am ready but still have not eaten yet this morning. I willhave to fix a bunch of tune for the rest of the next few days. I have a long stretch ahead of me and if I am not prepared I will cave. I do love my tuna. if I get bored with cold I then eat it with cheese heated up and it is like a tuna melt!!! so there is so many ways to eat it. but that salmot and cream cheese sounds delish!!!!
Old 05-28-2003, 11:44 PM   #11  
Card Carrying Princess

Talking ...and it was....

very delish...I splurged and had the WHOLE 5 oz package of smoked salmon with 3 ounces of REAL CREAM CHEESE....spread the cream cheese on the salmon slices, then rolled them up, and cut them up and ate them (lettuce, tomato, onion on the side)

Try it (when you get bored of tuna that is...)

Frouf