Old 12-30-2002, 08:47 PM   #1  
Senior Chicky

Thumbs up Marriage Problems?????

Does anyone else ever have them?

I got the shock of my life when SHDH accidentally redialed from his cell phone today. He and his SHBrother went to look at a job.

Before I bare my soul -- am I the only one??????????????

I couldn't even cry earlier - I finally did about an hour ago and seriously considering a geographical change. Even talked to my lawyer. I am so depressed.
Old 12-30-2002, 08:58 PM   #2  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Janice i hate to ask what you heard! Honey i do have a SH but atleast he is honest. I got for christmas and my birthday is a can opener! and that was because the other one would not open a can and neither could he! that was the extent of what he has gotten me. and knowig that he did not get me anything for my birthday not even dinner out!

there are snakes and ones that should be snakes. I know you are not the only one I can name many friends that have really SH. Mine may not be bad in some ways but he sure is awful for the morale. never once has he complimented me on my weight loss or has encouraged me. Never once has he thought about me for a gift. the best gift i got was a dishwasher and that was because my mother told him i needed one after 2 kids and a full time job! I now have 5 kids and a full time job (different house) and he has not gotten the hint!!! he will think nothing of takein off for the entire summer after work and every weekend just to fish and here i am left to figure out how to get the kids where they belong and work at the same time!!! i have to hire a babysitter for that. Honey mine is no prize!!!

You have my shoulder any time you need it!!
Old 12-30-2002, 09:24 PM   #3  
Big Loser

...I am there with you both..mine thinks if he calls and asks me what time dinner is and walks in as it goes on the table it is okay to stop at "the bar" every afternoon after work, have to ask what the big attraction is...but when I ask, I get "I am tired, I had a hard day I want a beer"...a beer and what appetizer I have to ask!!!!!!
Old 12-30-2002, 09:38 PM   #4  
Senior Chicky

Angry

It's not the beer after work that creates the problem - for those who do not know, we own an icehouse (beer bar) which is a quiet neighborhood place-nothing fancy and definately not something that makes any money-but we just love the neighborhood people and the only "clean non violent" place around the area.

SHDH accidentally called ME! While riding with his brother and when I answered I was like - HELLO? HELLO? HELLO? Until I heard a phrase or two. At first I though SH was telling his brother a joke - then realized it was real life **** and listened to it unknown to them for 33.5 minutes.

Sue-I think of you alot with my crazy household and mess with much empathy and understanding.

Scoob-I promise you - the guys I know that those stopping for a beer after work that I'm familiar with are wonderful and harmless homebodies that do just that - drink a beer after work to relax. What I overheard today is happening during SHDH work hours. And, if you don't mind that I add - most (prob 98%) of the men who have a quick beer after work only do it cause they want to take the edge off before they go home so they can truly enjoy their family when they get home - just a bit of stress release after work !

I'm lurking just a bit. Locked the house doors and tho he has a key he's not trying to enter. It's that serious. Of course I've threatened him with the lawyer talk a bit!!!

J

Last edited by MamaJ; 12-30-2002 at 09:42 PM.
Old 12-30-2002, 09:42 PM   #5  

OH yes, sh's abound. My sh was thrilled at the thought the dog was missing and I just grit my teeth whenever he started crowing that the dog was gone. Then he saw how upset I've been and how he's finally understanding that he's not getting *any* until I know what happened to her or I feel better whatever comes first, that he'd better be more damned sympathetic if he knows what's good for him. I think what got to him more was Miree asking for her pup--stopped him cold in his tracks and I haven't heard a peep out of him about how good it is we are missing the dog.

((Janice)) I don't know what you heard but I can tell that it has you angry and scared. If you want to tell us fine, if you don't we understand too.
Old 12-31-2002, 12:08 AM   #6  
WW Moderator

Awww, Janice, I am sorry. Yes, we all have our share of problems, and I can bet that even though we all talk about sweet things our men did for us, none of us are married to a prince! We all have our flaming days. So, your husband isn't coming inside...I guess he figured out you were at the other end of the phone!?

I am sorry, and know that you are not alone! If you feel like talking anymore about it, we're all here, on the board or off!
Old 12-31-2002, 12:36 AM   #7  
Slimwithin

Sweetie, all I've ever had were unprovable suspicions but they damn near drove me insane. I can't imagine what **** you must be going through right now if you heard what I think you heard. I wish I could be there to give you some moral support or even just a hug. I hope you have someone you can call to get you through the worst part. You can pm me any time.
Old 12-31-2002, 12:44 AM   #8  

Oh Janice! You have really had a time of it in the last 6-8 months, haven't you? There are plenty of us here that don't live in a bed of roses, so to speak. Have you both tried counseling? Together or on your own? It's not an overnight fix and a lot of times it doesn't put things back together but it can be helpful for the future - together or apart.

Let me know if you want to talk, sweetie -

Kel
Old 12-31-2002, 06:49 AM   #9  
she who must be obeyed

Janice, warm fuzzy hugs to you and an ear if you need it.

Debbie
Old 12-31-2002, 08:16 AM   #10  
Old Cackler

i'm just plain PO'd... you are all such wonderful women, and you all deserve wonderful men... and a happy life...
Old 12-31-2002, 11:01 AM   #11  

Hey Janice!

My dh is at times no peach, but then again either am I.

BUT ! When I read this the first time at 4:30 am I kept thinking about what Ann Landers or Dear Abby (never could tell the two of them apart) said.

Are you better off with him or with out him?

As to relocating, Well, my friend, with just a smidge of work (not much...honest ya just have to kick the ya'all thing) YOU would make a FINE Jersey girl indeed!)

love and hugs, ears and what ever else you may need!
peach
Old 12-31-2002, 12:12 PM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Men really piss me off! Now, I'll shut up.
Old 12-31-2002, 12:23 PM   #13  
Mommy x 4

S/C/G: 230/160/150

I honestly believe all things happen for a reason. I went through a crappy first marriage, the man loved his bottle of booze far more than me and his 3 children. I left and was a single parent for 5 years working 2-3 jobs to make ends meet. I grew stronger and stronger, I became a better person for it. I met a man when I least expected it, he is no prince charming, but he loves me, my children and our home life, he does not drink or party and WE as a family come first! I trust him completely! Could not say that about #1 hubby, he stepped outa the marriage from time to time. I will say prayers for you. Know you are loved, God knows what is best for us all! Perhaps this is a door opening for communication, or perhaps a door for you to move on, only you know what steps you are willing to take. Pray for strength and comfort, he is only a short call away.

Warm hugs to you Janice!!

Leona
Old 12-31-2002, 12:41 PM   #14  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

I am so sorry Janice, pooky, Sue big hugs to you.

I am following Ruth's lead.

Men really piss me off sometimes!

-L
Old 12-31-2002, 01:24 PM   #15  

Hugs to everyone with a DH/SHDH. I fought with mine this week too, but he's usually wonderful.

Janice, you don't want to go to NJ, it's cold there. Come on over to Pensacola and be a beach bunnie with me.