Old 12-24-2002, 07:03 AM   #1  
she who must be obeyed

Default 12/24 Daily, Twaz the day before......

Christmas and all through the Coop, not a chick was stirring..........darn I must make my own coffee.

Coffee is on, strong and leaded......back in a minute.
Old 12-24-2002, 07:17 AM   #2  
she who must be obeyed

Morning all!!

Sherrie, way to go on the smaller size!!

I can't believe it is storming in December, by storming I mean thunder and lightning. I had to dodge the lightning bolts while taking the pup to the potty. We even have tornado watches in southern GA. Raining cats and dogs outside.

So, what are your last minute plans today? I told daughter (16 yo) yesterday we would not be doing stockings this year. Poor thing was very upset, you would think we were stealing her childhood. Hubby and I will go out, inbetween rain storms and do stockings.

Okay, who's bright idea was it to make Christmas cookies?? The mail lady and the trash pick-up men will be getting bags of cookies today, they are just too tempting to keep in the house.

Out of coffee, off for more.

Have a great day, enjoy your family and friends.

Debbie
Old 12-24-2002, 07:44 AM   #3  

Dear Smaller pants sized Sherrie!!! big WTG!!!!

Morning Debkay! I think the legal age for illiminating stockings is 40!

Morning all to come!

I am feeling my blood pressure rise. I hope that you will all say a prayer for me that I will be able to keep my big fat (not phat) mouth shut today and only spew forth good will and cheer. Dh told me I have to and I intend to. Yes, SIL is here and I spoke with her on the phone last night...drunk as a skunk she was...I can only imagine how it was for Jiff she (sil is a nasty mean drunk) Jiff on the other hand is a riot!! My nieces and nephew were here last night...love them to pieces, let them call and speak to their boyfriends and girlfriend, and I had to check out their little friends too!!! Poor things!

Why can't adults behave as nicely as children? hohoho!

Treat your family like guests, and your guests like family, that's my motto!!!

uh huh

Stepchildren and their kidlets will be coming starting at 11am staying until 4:30 or so, and then my family will be coming around 6.

oh boy!

My kidlets are just beside themselves with excitement and glee. Wound tight as a wire, but cute as could be. For them I can be pleasant!

Time to do the last of a few flies of the day and promise to grab those quiet, cheerful magic moments and cherish them!

love,
peach
Old 12-24-2002, 07:52 AM   #4  
she who must be obeyed

peachie this is your motto today

But if you really want to start something, mention where GA is on the list of state SAT scores. I didn't say that.

Debbie
Old 12-24-2002, 07:57 AM   #5  

HA! Although I feel like a

I promise to

but thank you for arming me with THAT little gem of info...could be handy!

Thanks Debbie, I feel better already!

peach
Old 12-24-2002, 08:18 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Oh, Peachy, I wish I could trade families with you. Then again, I do still want you to be my friend. Mine is at least as bad as yours, if not worse. Why are there only a few normal ones in the bunch??

Off to work today (boooooo, hiss!!) then home to cook broccoli casserole (almost low-carb) and then to a drop in I was volunteered for. Then it's home and wait for dd to drop into wonderland so I can sneak her gifts under the tree. She's going to find my hiding spot one day and I'm in trouble!!!

Ya'll have a wonderful day, talk to you later!
Old 12-24-2002, 08:49 AM   #7  
Ready!!!

Merry Christmas, I wish you all a surprise this year, that your family will be good. My plan for the day is to go to town, drop off last of the gifts,church this evening, start turkey, and wait for Santa.

We had snow over night, looks nice, but we don't need it.

Love Tazcat,
Christmas is the celebration of the keeping of a promise. A saving promise.
Old 12-24-2002, 09:08 AM   #8  
Big Loser

Default Ho Ho Ho!!!

Happy day before Christmas my friends!!!

Getting ready to cook, but first coffee and a shower. Deb is is nasty here today too, we are also supposed to get T-Storms. What is up with this!!!!????

I can relate to the family drams, thankfully NONE of mine are coming here this year!! Part of the joy of living in TN, DH will NOT go anywhere on Christmas thinks the kids should be at home to wait for Santa...says if they want to see us they can come here....they usually do, but this year I get a break, my parents went back to FL yesterday so all is peaceful again.....

Have a great day chickadees!!!
Old 12-24-2002, 09:37 AM   #9  

Happy Christmas Eve! I was BAD and brought in goodies to the office.

Funny/Sad/Vent: We have a consultant that comes to our office once a month. Yesterday I went into a coughing fit. The consultant pulled me into his office and asked if I thought my health problems were due to the weight I'd gained since I'd come to work here. (I've been here 6 months and haven't gained any weight) Idiot.
Old 12-24-2002, 10:38 AM   #10  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Angry Good Morning Ladies

Are we all ready?????

Im not Im taking 1/2 the day off, sending hubby off to work so my daughter and I can finish wrapping and baking chocolate chip cookies for santa tonight. Have to figure out where to put the stockings....(there isnt an age limit for stockings!)

I remember being just as upset as your daughter Deb, as we got older, mom would put the goodies that would go in a stocking into a nice gift bag. That way, we still get some of the delicious candy we only get at christmas. (she still does it)

I have to go out and get my father a bottle of drambue (its tradition) and stuff it in a gold toe sock and Mom gets a box of milk chocolate Lindt truffles...no sock stuffing though! That should be it for last minute things to do.

I hope everyone has a great Christmas!
Robin
Old 12-24-2002, 02:45 PM   #11  
Ready!!!

Funny how many threads got started today,
Debkay, DH and i went to the mall today, I to like the hustle and bustle.
Welcome Yentl22, you will do just fine.
Thank you Scooby2, if the grandkids come up tonight after Church I know where we will be.
Well again Merry Christmas to you all, Happy Holidays,
Love, Tazcat
Old 12-24-2002, 03:08 PM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Christmas Eve, Chickies!

Not much left to do around here. I am just waiting for friend Bob to drop by to pick up food for the after Church party. Everything I've made looks yummy and pretty on the platters. If I ever figure out the digital camera, I'll start taking food shots so I can remeber how I "fanced it up fixty" as my MIL used to say. There is lots of protein so I should be able to low carb it tonight. (I bought a quarter pound of roast beef when grocery shopping this a.m. - that was breakfast.)

Whoops - back later.

Back - visitors so I have to go and put the kettle on. Good thing I'm a bit ahead of myself today despite a couple of drop-ins.

I do hope everyone has a blessed and peaceful Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

Love to you all
Old 12-24-2002, 04:58 PM   #13  
Big Loser

Well, the lasagna is in the oven, bread is reayd to go in, kids are quiet(a fleeting thing Iam sure) DH has a Christmas CD on and I have a glass of wine....who says Norman Rockwell doesn't live here.....haha

I hope you all have a special, memorable(in a good way) Christmas Eve...take care all, may the angels watch over us all!!

Old 12-24-2002, 10:32 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

The drop in was great, the food was plentiful, and the gifts. . . . well, bf got socks, I got Lady Stetson. I'm stealing the socks!! Dear Tommie is sleeping peacefully and the gifts are all placed under the tree. I'm off for a little shut-eye before she wakes up at the crack of dawn!

Merry Christmas everyone!!