Old 12-08-2002, 07:46 AM   #16  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Happy Sunday Morning! It is starting to snow - the big puffy Christmas Eve flakes. I love it!

The power goes off at noon but I hope the diningroom is bright enough to wrap presents. On the other hand, I may just nap! I did a major shop yesterday after lunch and can proudly say I am nearly done - just DH and the dogs left! I wrapped a few more gifts yesterday afternoon with Harry's help - it went well. He will take orders when we are in my area of expertise!

I smell bacon and coffee so I'm outta here. Will check in tonight if and when the power goes back on!
Old 12-08-2002, 08:53 AM   #17  
Senior Chicky

Angry Good morning!

Anyone need coffee? There's plenty!

Agreed......flylady is the head of a cult.

Not much going on this weekend. Actually this past week has left me with getting very little accomplished thanks to interruptions, unexpected company, and lack of motivation!

Off to the grocery store early this morning. If I'm not out of here before nine there's no hope of it getting done on the weekend-hate those crowds!

Ladies, be extra careful out there shopping! My friend got robbed as she was walking to her car at Walmart. Her purse was sitting in the buggy as she was walking and they pulled up along side of her and just reached over. She tried to hold on to it but there was three of them in the car and when one started to get out she stopped struggling. We won't even go into how Wallymart acted! So please take extra care!

Need more coffee ---- c ya later

J
Old 12-08-2002, 09:32 AM   #18  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Thumbs up 3rd try

Just a good morning, Im tired of typing

Here's the image Ive been trying to attach, its the background of the new business cards I designed last night. Keep in mind that we have a northwoods flair and that should explain the pic.

For the 3rd time......have a good one
Robin

ok, its too big and it wont work, and im too irritated to fuss with it right now
Old 12-08-2002, 10:14 AM   #19  
Ready!!!

Good noonish to all of you chicks,
I looked into flylady, I think that is what I need!!!!
I went to town and got all of the things that I am going to need to make chili and meatloaf for the weeks lunches at work. I am also going to make some popsicles for a treat.
Must go as I have company. Taz
Old 12-08-2002, 05:47 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone! After a little trip to the ER this a.m. and a pit-stop at the pharmacy, my face is already decreasing in size. Plus, the pain pills are making me high, the family is having fun at my expense. Better living by chemical intervention, I always say. Hey, Ruth, you and I could have some killer conversations if we both dope up at the same time!

Making another crock-pot meal tonight, boy am I getting sick of that machine. Yeah, it's great, but EVERY night? Anyway, I'm not doing the cooking, so why am I complaining?

Ya'll have a wonderful night, gear up for tomorrow by doing something special for yourself. Talk to you later!
Old 12-08-2002, 09:59 PM   #21  

Good evening everyone!

I'm probably the last one in tonight, just too busy today to sit and type out a message. Dh let me sleep in and then I had to gt myself out of bed, grumble, grumble, and then get ready to go to dh's work kids Christmas party. Miree was thrilled that she could tell Santa that she wanted a Barbie for Christmas. The compnay bought her a huge stuffed blue dog--very cute if you're 1 1/2 not 3 1/2! Why oh why do company's do that? Buy stuff for kids that is way less age appropriate than what they are. This is the second party she's gone to and the gifts she's gotten are suitable only for babies. Good thing she's a girl and it will wash a bit longer, but I can only imagine if I had a son. Oh well, I shouldn't grumble but be happy she got anything at all. Actually no--my dh pays into the company "rec fund" every paycheck just for this occasion so I guess I do have a right to ***** a little.

Feeling a cold coming on, got a stuffy nose and tickle in my throat and try as I might to stave off the buggies, I'm afraid they've found me. Going to bed soon to get some extra sleep.

Thinking about you all--see ya in the morning!
Old 12-08-2002, 10:46 PM   #22  
Old Cackler

Default please forgive me

for not being terribly responsive this weekend., as much as i'd love to write everyone a note, it's not gonna happen!!!

what a weekend!!! on thursday, i was INFORMED that i had to cover a meeting for work on saturday morning in nyc. and that they would send a car for me at 6:30 in the morning, and oh by the way, i could not take an entire day off to compensate for my lost saturday. i could take the time in half days!!!!

doesn't that SUCK????? [please ruthie, don'[t ban me for that!!!!]

anyway, a good time at the meeting. it went well. lunch was GREAT!!

but a friend came out from brooklyn for a visit, and i had been unable to get hold of him to tell him what was going on, so he came!!! mom - god bless her, don't quite know how she did it!- picked him up at the mall, and they had lunch together and a little mall walking.

and when i showed up, he and i had some time together. and then we got mom and went to my favorite seafood place, which had live music. bluegrass. great stuff!!!

and this morning... laundry, grocery shopping, manicures which were resched from yesterday, more christmas shopping, and a quick trip to the health club.. where....

I LIFTED WEIGHTS!!!! what a shock to my system!!! there wasn't enough time for me to swim, so i did 25 minutes on the bike and then the machines with WEIGHTS!!!!! it'll be ok.

and then a real nice visit with peachie...

there's just too much for me to cope with these days. work is, well, you've all heard me on that topic, and nothing has really changed except that they keep on loving me and i keep on thinking that they're nuts and disorganized and not doing the quality work they should be.

not a relationship made in heaven.

but, it's time for a nice hot shower and bed.

love you all. and sherrie... good job on getting the new antibiotics., and sometimes warm wet compresses help relieve the discomfort. be careful!!!

oh. and i forgot to add last night's computer nightmare!!! sometimes i'm just sooo stupid!!!

i got onto my email, and clicked on all that crap that landed in my inbox, and one of those awful stealth files downloaded. well, i'd FINALLY cleared viruses out of my email, and i was in NO MOOD to have another one!!! so miss smarty here deleted every single file that had been created at that online session.

trouble is, that meant that i deleted my internet connection, and certain linking and logging files. i didn't fix it until this morning, when i restored every single file i'd deleted [so i don't know where or what this little virus is!!!!] and reinstalled the ISP!!!

good grief.... ok. now i'm done.

Last edited by jiffypop; 12-08-2002 at 10:50 PM.