Old 08-28-2002, 05:51 AM   #1  
workin' my way back down

Default Hump Day - Aug 28

Whaaat? I'm first? I'll go put up the coffee and be right back!!!
Old 08-28-2002, 05:55 AM   #2  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Pooky I am late at responding to this as i have realy to dea with many feelings here. I also am not one who jumpst to decisions for friends. i will be a friend and give too much ot my self too early then i get burned so i reserve the classification of a good friend for the very few. i also have had problems with them, and i do agree it hurts, just as much as a bad decision of a man in your life does. any arguments can hurt just as deeply especially betrayal. even more so in certain conditions. so i can understand. your feelings of not being over this quiteyet is not out of line here. this is just a disastrious as a DH problem. and not as easy to fix (distance given, and problem) so mourn it like it should, but do not let it consume your life. you have you your family and DH miree and yor plans to thinkabout. so let this slide in to the back and like you said focus on new things inyour life. I have found out the hard way that when i do not serve friends and give them what they want i have none where i live. (with the exception of one who is too busy working and fanily and different shedules than me we have not talked in about a week.) that is a hard thing to dealwith. This has come about within the last 2 years. I have come to see that my friends here are really the best friends that i have. It was hard for me to realize that i can pour my heart out to a bunch of women that have never met me (hope to remedy that soon) and when i talk of my friends i refer to them.

HHHMMMM this is too deep for this early in the morning!!!

well the coffee is on and hot.

forgive my absende this last week... my DD1`s BF was down loading some thing and the puter froze he rebooted then the firewall shot up. when i was trying to find out why the internet was not working the firewall went into attack mode and dissapeared into the puter. This was thursday. i finally was ablt to get ahold of the guy from the firewall and he talked me out of the problem. TUESDAY!!!! so I am back!!! after hours of fighting the puter, and having fun deleting things off the puter.

Well I am off to exercise and get back with my life. HI again all!!!!

Hi sams greandma. I was here just talking to DD's friend that was here
Old 08-28-2002, 06:07 AM   #3  
workin' my way back down

Good Morning and Happy Hump Day to everyone! Coffee's brewing, all nice and hot and strong! It's all on a downward slide towards our long weekend from here

I got home from work yesterday to find that the utility company moved the gas line, the foundation for the extenstion was poured, and the plumber won't be here before Thursday LATE afternoon (after 5 pm) to re-connect the gasline to the stove!!! Aw Shucks!!!.... now, someone once told me that the kitchen is really supposed to consist only of a refrigerator (to hold cold drinks and snacks) and a telephone (to make reservations) - I guess I'll find out if her theory works!

Today I start work at 11, but I got a sneak preview of my patient schedule and it's killer...... they scheduled 12 exams at 15 minute intervals.. 9 OB patients, 2 pelvic and 1 full abdomen exam -- NOT GONNA HAPPEN in 3 hours!!! Especially since I am working alone today, without even a clerk to help with the paperwork! I mean, I get paid for as long as I'm there, but the poor patients who have to wait for me with their full bladders! Also, they usually "slip in" a couple of add-on exams! Oh well, I really shouldn't complain, I really need the work!

I hope you all have great days.... I'm gonna go grab a cup of that coffee .......

Hi Sue.... you snuck in on me...... hope your day is a great one! Glad your puter problems are over!

Last edited by SonoGranny; 08-28-2002 at 06:09 AM.
Old 08-28-2002, 06:51 AM   #4  

Morning Susan! Morning Sg....I have pantry envy btw!!!

Today is dh and my 14th anniversary. In the past we have not exchanged gifts but this year I told him that I would like, or at least I think I MIGHT like a new Sears product called "The Shark".
I have only seen it advertised on tv, but it looks like a power tool for the happy housewife. It appears that you can sling this sucker over your shoulder and go about blasting grime ( or whatever ) into another universe.

I need a life......or perhaps a craft?

later!
peach
Old 08-28-2002, 07:21 AM   #5  
she who must be obeyed

Default Good Morning!

Pooky hugs to you.

peachie, happy anniversary!!! A gadget for a present, good for you. Don't give me jewerly, give me a new appliance, makes me happy. And stop saying the "C" word!!

Janice, yes the beak is back on the chicken purse. The evening I loaned my friend the chicken purse lots of people wanted to know what it was, and everyone had a smile on their face when we told them it was a chicken purse, as in "flog you into submission, or beat you with..."

Busy day today, but no cleaning!!!! I need to buy another new bra, the puppies have shrunk and one bra will just not do. I have to go to AAA to purchase discount tickets to Busch Gardens in Tampa, hubby and daughter are going on Saturday while I spend the day with Mom and Dad. I have to find a music repair store to get my daughters piccilo repaired before the first football game. I really, really need to go to the grocery store. And that should about do it!!

Hello to all to come and have a great day!

Debbie
Old 08-28-2002, 07:31 AM   #6  

HAPPY 14TH ANNIVERSERY PEACHIE

Peachie, sorry the kids are not back in school yet. My boys started on Monday, it is great to have a routine back in our lives. Hope you get your shark!

Oh Debbie, sounds like a super busy day for you. Hope you get everything done.

S&Rs grandma, what a busy schedule. Hope it is not too stressful, and I hope that you have some understanding patients.

Hi Sue glad you are back, thought maybe you had some fun camping you returned to camp.

Have a great day all!
Old 08-28-2002, 07:40 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning everyone. Would you believe it's 50 degrees here this morning. I love the cooler weather!

Ohboyohboyohboyohboy! School starts here next week and lots of the mommies will be very happy. I remember the morning my last kid went to school - Sandbag and I sat in the yard and said "Well, on with the rest of my life". (Sandbag was my spaniel, not the DH of the moment.) The nice thing about school starting is that the campers clear out of our lovely township park and it will be quiet walk time again.

Pooky, if I hadn't had a dental appointment yesterday afternoon, I'd have been in my car and heading off to see you! I can completely relate to how hurt you feel as I have been there myself, albeit many years ago. I am very careful with my friendships these days. People I meet are kind of on probabtion.
As the chicks have said, give yourself some time and then get on with life. My Mother used to say "Have you ever considered getting over it?" - we hated her but she was right.

Samsgram, I sure wouldn't want to be one of your patients on a day like you have scheduled! I hope they make it through with their bursting bladders and that you can be your usual patient and soothing self!

Sue, I am so glad you smashed through that firewall. I have never really understood what one is! Do I need one? I hope your new job is going well after your well-deserved vacation.

Peachie, a Shark!!!!!! With a name like that it will probably strip wallpaper and tiles off walls and floors. I will check our Sears Canada - probably not allowed here as we are such a meek, mild and regulated nation! Happy Anniversary but I hope The Shark does not have a part in your celebrations. The mind boggles!

Jiff, hang in there. Sounds like kind of rough times for you right now. You HAVE to take that 1/2 hour to yourself as you switch gears. It's hard but .... maybe park somewhere on the way home and read in the car? Sounds silly but it CAN be done. I know because I used to do it in another incarnation.

Debkay, I'm sure your puppies will be happy with their new kennels! The Florida trip sounds nice. It will be so good to see your parents again after the worry over your Dad. By the way, he WILL get home for Friday - keep thinking that!

I had a filling replaced yesterday at 3 and the darn freezing did not wear off until after 8! I nearly skipped dinner! However I forced myself to eat and tried not to drool my spritzer out of the side of my mouth! It is so nice to go to my dentist! She has a big Lab as her greeter and her office is full of windows overlooking her garden and orchard. The joys of country living!

Nothing official planned today but I'm sure the day will fill up. I am still hacking away at the weed jungle but am making progress. Yesterday I was removing 4' thistles and the crazy dogs were dragging them around the yard and then chewing on them! Looks like more tomatoes are ripe so I'll do another batch of salsa this afternoon after a trip to the "city" for some hot peppers. The peach jam with Splenda turned out well - it doesn't look the same as jam with sugar but sure is tasty. I must figure out the carb count per jar.

Had better get going. Have a great Hump Day!
Old 08-28-2002, 08:21 AM   #8  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Wow!

You are all so active this am. I am still in bed as H takes the kids to golf lessons.

We had a great time in North Carolina. It was hot, but the humidity on the coast was a little oppressive. DH and FIL won their flight so it was a good week for them. I made it to the market yesterday and kids had board breaking at karate yesterday. It took older boy almost 15 min to finally break his board, but he did it. Little man took quiet a few tries too, but both came home feeling good!

I am off for a haircut and color today. My hair is 3 tones right now from all the sun, salt, and chlorine this summer. One week to go for older boy and little man starts on Thursday.

Pooky, I have been thinking about this since you mentioned it a few weeks back. I too could count my friends on one hand. I also find I like my friends for different reasons and each has things I like and some things I dislike. I am so sorry you have been struggling with this. It can be so hard to let it go especially if you don’t know what exactly what went wrong. For me I find that I need to write my feelings down. I draft a letter to the person or write in a journal. I f can ask all the questions I nee to and work out the problem for myself. Sometimes I mail the letters, but more often not. I just need a place to come to grips with the facts in my head so that I can move on to things that are more important recipients of my time.

To all my other chicky friends…happy birthday Jennifer and A.A. and happy anniversary peach, I hope you get your toy;
and a big hello to everyone else.

-L
Old 08-28-2002, 08:24 AM   #9  

Good morning everyone!

I feel a lot better today, especially after everyone helping me out. I have to go see the dr. this morning for some drugs (the kind that make me less crazy! :hypno2: ) and then home to begin the clean out process on my bedroom/enclave.

One side effect of one the friendships gone sour is that dh is finding out the true colours of our neighbours across the road. Dh waved hello to the youngest daughter and she completely ignored him. Dh is confused and says "but I didn't have an argument with them" And I looked at him and said I told ya so--just ignore them for now on. Now he's finding out some of what I'm dealing with. Let's just say he's less than impressed.

Dh is very happy about the nursery plans, I think I'm going to go with a teddy bear theme I already have wallpaper on the wall in here I did last year and it's amarbly look with cream, pink and brown. Nice soft tranquil colours. So I thought maybe a nice border with teddies on it will give it that baby touch. Dh is stressed about the internet connection since we have to move it to the guest room. I wonder how he's going to resolve this one??

Once again, thanks for all your love and concern, including the late comers to the conversation--Ruthie and Sue

Peachie--HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! Hope you have a GREAT time tonight!

L--you snuck in there on me--thank-you so much
Old 08-28-2002, 08:53 AM   #10  
GARDENING ADDICT

Happy Wednesday All

Pooky~~~I think that most of us have been in your same situation at one time or another, and it hurts. It's OK to be sad and hurt. It's a loss of a friendship. But because they shut you out, the real loss is theirs
You are doing the right thing. Mourn the loss, and focus yourself on you and your family. The baby room is a great idea, and I'm praying for a new occupant to be in it soon!!!!

Debkay~~~Do your "puppies" have names?

L~~~I'm glad your trip to NC was a good one.

Ruth~~~I was also at the dentist yesterday. I have a root canal and crown in my future

Peachie~~~HAPPY ANNIVERSARY CHICKY

SamsG~~~It's too bad that you won't be able to cook for awhile, you poor thing

Sue~~~Glad you're back

Dondar, Jennifer and all to come~~~
~~~Sil
Old 08-28-2002, 10:05 AM   #11  
GO CANES!

morning girls. feel much better today......doctor's appt. went well, so back to getting healthy
Old 08-28-2002, 07:53 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Hey everyone! Taco Bell for supper, mmmmmmmmmmmm!! Quick and painless in the cleanup department, too! Had a half day at work, took mama to dr. this afternoon. It's such an ordeal getting her in and out of the house, only to see the doc for 5 minutes tops! She is pouting now, explains the dinner out. Trying to get her to speak to me again

Forgive me my good mood, just read the killer biscuits thread. I literally rolled around laughing! That woman must have been sooooooo humiliated!

Ya'll have a good night, I'm off for bath and dd's bedtime!
Old 08-28-2002, 09:46 PM   #13  
Old Cackler

Default well hi everyone!!

finally...

another busy day. work is very difficult, but we're having a major meeting with the owner. he's finally noticed that we're way overextended and have many projects due very very soon. and some are major time sinks. he's at least willing to hire some temps to work on things.

the woman who had the pituitary surgery is doing very well, thank goodness. she'll have to take hormones for the rest of her life because part of the pituitary was not salvageable, but she'll be fine, and her vision will return.

maggie louise's training continues and i've now become a force for her to reckon with!!! she's done sort of ok with the heeling, but she started pulling, so i did the left turn heels and the about faces, and the right turn heels and she was forced to pay attention to me. what an improvement in her attitude!!!! thank goodness!!! a few more days of this and she'll almost be a well-mannered young lady.

my eating is going to **** in a handbasket. no, i'm not really eating the wrong things, but i'm eating too often, just to make sure that i get enough protein in. i MUST refocus. and my hair is falling out. not a lot. not seriously, just more than usual. kind of expected, but a little later than expected. thank goodness for the haircut on saturday!!!!

i had no rememory that today was peachie's anniversary!!!! it was such a lovely wedding!!! she looked kind of like barbie with short hair. and her makeup was perfect. hard to believe that it was so long ago!

well, time for a shower and bed. or a prebedtime nap. sleep well, ya'll, and try to stay out of trouble. hear that sam n rosies' granma????
Old 08-28-2002, 10:04 PM   #14  
Hang In There

Default 2 days OP!!!

I'm trying to stay focused not that all the crisiss'es are over. Started induction again yesterday, so now I can say I've got 2 days under my belt. It's bound to get easier. I sorta got in a habit of eating ice cream & cookies in the afternoon. (I just love these new smiles, but I forget to use them)

I don't know if I'll try to go to the club tomorrow, or just blow it off until next week. I guess I should go tomorrow huh?
Old 08-28-2002, 10:09 PM   #15  
Slimwithin

Oh, I'm always so darned late getting in here but at least I know what everybody's up to by being last one into the henhouse.
Peachie hope you had a very special anniversary and that your dh got you your "Shark". Sounds scary whatever it is.
Samsgrandma I'm not sure what kind of work you do but if you're an ultrasound technician, I gotta tell you, you need shorter lineups! I had to have ultrasound scan done years ago to determine if I needed bladder surgery (I definitely DID). I was told to drink 48 oz of water before my appointment and hold it. Yeah RIGHT! The reason I NEEDED bladder surgery was because I COULDN'T hold it. I had to drive down a bumpy road to get to the lab and luckily I'd put a thick towel on the car seat "just in case". When I got to the lab, the receptionist was yacking on the phone. I was pretty desperate by then so I grabbed her arm and said "Which way to the lab NOW!!" She pointed down the hall. I ran down the hall ....ever try to run with your legs crossed? When I got to the lab there were about 10 people ahead of me. Now normally, I'm a fairly sane, polite person but I knew I couldn't hold back the tide much longer. I said to the person in charge "Take me now. Right now. I'm sorry, but if you don't, there's going to be a big puddle on your floor". They hustled me into the technician's booth and she started doing the scan. After a moment she said "Your bladder is TOO FULL! I need you to get rid of about half of it. HALF!!! The main reason I was there was because I had so little control. Good grief. How could I start and then stop mid-stream? Somehow, with superhuman strength I was able to do the job and she did her job, but I will never, EVER forget my distress on that occasion. I sure hope you don't put your clients through that kind of misery.
Debbie I know all about the puppies shrinking syndrome. I lost 3-1/2 lb last week and I know where it all melted from. The boobs, where I really can't afford to lose anything. (sigh) Oh well. I'll never have to worry about being top heavy and tipping over. SMall comfort.
Ooops, gotta run. DH home for dinner and I haven't started anything. Catch you tomorrow.